Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Wow...nobody has posted on here in the past month! Come out of hiding and talk to me. Big news: My 19-year-old daughter was banded this afternoon by Dr. K. I'm jealous that she is getting this early start on the life change. I keep saying that my only regret about getting the band is that I didn't do it sooner. She's in the normal amount of pain, so it's looking good. Maybe she'll join us at our next Red Robin outing.

Wow, good for her!!! I have the same regrets about not having this done when I was younger. Hope she realizes what a gift she has been given.

Any time you want to do RR just let me know.

I'd be up for Tuesday night, the 19th. Anyone else?

Works for me. I'll be late, though. K starts her swimming classes tomorrow. It's 6:30-7. I'll give you a buzz if it looks like I'll be running too late to make it :smile:

I haven't been on here for weeks and I missed this question. I have friends who have lost all their weight and their port does show. Most are not bothered by it, but I have one who returned and had a lower profile port put in and it is pretty well hidden.

Now that I am down to 148 my port shows through, not a big deal though because thin or not...I won't be showing that part of my body to anyone! LOL I don't think it would ever be worth going under the knife to move it.

I'd be up for Tuesday night, the 19th. Anyone else?

I think it's just you and me. Julie can't make it afterall and Snowgator is working. Anyone else here? Call me Girlie, I'm still curious!

I can't believe it! I finally lost 200lbs since the day of surgery! I have lost 244lbs from my highest weight noted. (it was a weight watcher's visit) - :blushing:

This morning when I stepped on the scale I had to giggle with glee! :lol:I was home alone, so no one was there to Celebrate with me, so I thought I'd come here and share my good news!:smile2:

I've got about 68lbs to go! :eek:

I love my Band!:wub:

I can't believe it! I finally lost 200lbs since the day of surgery! I have lost 244lbs from my highest weight noted. (it was a weight watcher's visit) - :blushing:

This morning when I stepped on the scale I had to giggle with glee! :lol:I was home alone, so no one was there to Celebrate with me, so I thought I'd come here and share my good news!:smile2:

I've got about 68lbs to go! :eek:

I love my Band!:eek:

Awesome!!!! I am soooo proud of you girl. :wub: You so ROCK.

Would anyone like to get together at RR in the next few weeks?? Dee... when are you available? I would love to see the new you!

Ron starts new shift tomorrow, so I am actually free in the evenings. Yayyyyy.

i can't believe it! I finally lost 200lbs since the day of surgery! I have lost 244lbs from my highest weight noted. (it was a weight watcher's visit) - :blushing:

this morning when i stepped on the scale i had to giggle with glee! :lol:i was home alone, so no one was there to Celebrate with me, so i thought i'd come here and share my good news!:smile2:

i've got about 68lbs to go! :eek:

i love my band!:wub:

yay!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Would anyone like to get together at RR in the next few weeks?? Dee... when are you available? I would love to see the new you!

Ron starts new shift tomorrow, so I am actually free in the evenings. Yayyyyy.

I won't have much time to run up to Denver until the middle of November. My BF will be here next week for a week and then I'm going out of town after that. We can plan for something mid-November if you're interested!

yay!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Thanks Marie!!! How is life since your last fill?

Awesome!!!! I am soooo proud of you girl. :thumbup: You so ROCK.

I'm proud of you too Julie! It's not an easy road, we are on, but we just keep on a'truckin'!

Thanks Marie!!! How is life since your last fill?

Well I'm not gaining so for that I am grateful. I need to get a fill but have to wait until we have enough in the bank. As it is I am now working out 45 minutes a day on my elliptical and drinking my shakes and the Protein Water too. Trying my best to lose while I wait for a fill, but not getting very far. I feel like my life is more balanced than it has been in years. With DH working again and me having enough time to keep up with the apartment, errands, nannying etc. I feel like I have the time to finally exercise too so I am really getting into it. I am not letting myself skip a day for my workout all week. I know if I skip I will stop. So, that is me in a nutshell right now. How are you doing?

So I broke down and scheduled a fill and flight with the credit card. I didn't want to wait until after the holidays. Could anyone spare the time to be my ride from and back to the airport? I would pay for gas and take you to lunch!

So I broke down and scheduled a fill and flight with the credit card. I didn't want to wait until after the holidays. Could anyone spare the time to be my ride from and back to the airport? I would pay for gas and take you to lunch!

What day and time are you coming in? I can most likely do it

julie

What day and time are you coming in? I can most likely do it

julie

Thanks! I fly in on the 9th at 11:45 but can hang at the airport for a while so if you could pick me up around 1:15 or so we would have time to do lunch my appointment is at 2:45, then its pretty much straight back to the airport. I hope this works for you!

Well I'm not gaining so for that I am grateful. I need to get a fill but have to wait until we have enough in the bank. As it is I am now working out 45 minutes a day on my elliptical and drinking my shakes and the Protein Water too. Trying my best to lose while I wait for a fill, but not getting very far. I feel like my life is more balanced than it has been in years. With DH working again and me having enough time to keep up with the apartment, errands, nannying etc. I feel like I have the time to finally exercise too so I am really getting into it. I am not letting myself skip a day for my workout all week. I know if I skip I will stop. So, that is me in a nutshell right now. How are you doing?

I am glad you're not gaining! That is good! I have really struggled for these last few pounds that I've lost. I got a fill a very months ago and I think it has helped a lot with portions, but it seems that the scale is hardly moving. I have done the low carb diet and am about to start the Insulin Resistence Diet. It's very balanced and is identical to the diet that I gave my diabetic patients. I hate to think of it as a diet, since I should be on it the rest of my life due to the PCOS. I never want to be a diabetic and with my PCOS the chances are high - regardless of what my weight is. I am very carb sensitive.

Thanks! I fly in on the 9th at 11:45 but can hang at the airport for a while so if you could pick me up around 1:15 or so we would have time to do lunch my appointment is at 2:45, then its pretty much straight back to the airport. I hope this works for you!

I wish I could pick you up and see you! I still have some things to give you that I never got to last time you were here. I won't be in town that day! Tell your Mom, I said, "HI!" I really enjoyed meeting your family!