Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Just popping in to say "hi". I haven't done a lot of chatting here, but I do follow everyone.

I was banded by Dr. K on July 22 2009. My start weight was 284 but I weighed 270 on the day of banding. I'm proud to report I've lost nearly 99 pounds since I started this process. (I've also lost my gall bladder, but that's another story.)

I've had five fills (and one partial unfill tweak). I haven't been to see Dr. K since May when I traveled to Denver twice in 5 days (once for a fill, once for a partial unfill). I'm at great restriction right now.

I have about another 30 pounds to go and am confident that they will come off even though it is slow going now.

Here's a picture of me at 284 at a wedding in May of 2009 (I'm in orange).

May2009.jpg

Here's me two weeks ago in a dress that I'm planning on wearing to a wedding on Saturday.

dress1.jpg

Other NSVs, I can climb into my ambulance with ease now; I've gotten a new jumpsuit for my EMS duties (when folks from other departments were teasing me about my clown suit, the Fire Chief thought it was time for me to size down... from a men's XL to a men's medium). I tend to my garden with ease. I walk everywhere. I fit into size 16 jeans; regular size L tops. I'm just thrilled with my progress.

Congratulations!!!! You have lost so much, it must feel amazing!!!! You look so cute in your new dress!

Hey ladies! I am experiencing a serious craving for Red Robin. Tuesdays work best for me, but I'm pretty flexible. Anyone want to get together sometime soon?

Hi Amy,

I too was a "volume" eater who didn't snack much. The band is the tool that finally helped me get a handle on my eating. I simply cannot overeat anymore. I don't get hungry for at least 4 hours after I eat. I went on a cruise in June and still lost a pound during the trip. I am one of the people who can eat virtually anything - including bread. But I can't eat a lot. I focus on getting my Protein in, and don't have room for much else. But I do love my veggies and have a garden, so I have added a Protein Drink to my daily intake.

In terms of aftercare, Dr. K. does have a once a month group counseling session in the evening, and that was helpful to me in the beginning. This Forum has been inspirational and I have met some very fine people online and in person at our Red Robin get togethers when I can.

You are going into this for the right reasons, and you will find that the lapband is a fantastic tool! Like others, I saw my PCP a couple of weeks before surgery for an annual physical, and I brought the results with me to Dr. K. when I met with him before the surgery. By the way, I had been on reflux meds for three years prior to the surgery: it was an instant cure for that (it is for most people).

Hey ladies! I am experiencing a serious craving for Red Robin. Tuesdays work best for me, but I'm pretty flexible. Anyone want to get together sometime soon?

Wow! Look at you; down more than 100 pounds!

Yes I am up for RR, Tuesdays are fine for me too. Will be out of town Sept. 13-17, otherwise any week works for me.:smile2:

Hello Banders,

I need everyone's encouragement...my two year bandiversary is September 3rd, and I am 5 lbs from goal. These last 10 lbs have taken what seems like forever to come off. I am exercising almost every day, just need to fine tune my nutrition a little. Please help me get there!!

p.s. Red Robin nights -

how about Fri 8/27

or Mon 8/30

or Wed 9/1???

Edited by Snowgator
typo

p.s. Red Robin nights -

how about Fri 8/27

or Mon 8/30

or Wed 9/1???

I'd be in on the Monday night. Anyone else??

You know I'm always up for R.R. How about this Tuesday???

Monday is good - 6:30pm ok? I have to be at work super early on Tuesday morning...

Monday is good - 6:30pm ok? I have to be at work super early on Tuesday morning...

I won't be able to get there til closer to 7. Ron doesn't get home til 6:30. But if everyone wants to meet that early, I'll just be late.

j

See you tomorrow (Monday)! I'll get there about 6:50.

Monday it is. I'll get there at 6:45 and stay for however long you want to stay, Julie. Congratulations on the 100 pounds!!

See you guys tomorrow.

Yay~! Looking forward to tonight. anybody else want to join us?

Fun dinner at Red Robin tonight with Laptastic, Kayleigh'sMommy and Snowgator. We are making great progress, ladies!

post-244008-13813139543776_thumb.jpg