Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Julie, sorry about your mother in law. I hope your husband is handling it ok.

Thanks. He is doing fine. The one I was worried about was Kayleigh... but she was just fine with the whole thing.

When are we all going to get together again? My hubby gave me a prize for hitting the 70 pound mark and I want to show it off.

Good idea. Anyone interested in getting together at RR either Feb 23 or 24th?? Can't wait to see your prize :angry:

I can do Red Robin Tuesday, 2/23 at 7. Need to see you guys and get some motivation! Does that work for anybody else?

23rd at 7:00 would be perfect for me. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

23rd at 7:00 would be perfect for me. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Count me in too! I have been stuck at 205/206 for weeks and I need some motivatin'... I am sooo close to Onederland; so why can't I get there?

Well, I just navigated a major logistics FAIL.

I had an appointment scheduled with Dr. K for Friday, 2/19. A couple of weeks ago I realized that seemed too soon so I tried to schedule it for 2/26 but that was a no-go. OK, fine. I'll keep the 19th.

Hooked into Travelocity and got my flight/hotel/car JUST-SO. Plugging along through the month knowing I'd fly to Denver on 2/18 for my 2/19 appointment.

Last night I thought I'd get my travel stuff ready. UGH... my reservations are for the 25/26 of February.

Call Dr. K's office this morning... no, he's not in the office on the 26th. Cancelled the 19th and rescheduled for 3/12.

Luckily the change fee for the flight/hotel/car was reasonable ($100) and I was able to reschedule all for March.

Ugh....

But other than that, all is going well, I think. Slow going for me right now and I'm not quite sure why. Need to analyze what I'm doing a bit and see what's going on.

Hey all,

I've been out and about on this thread for a while, posting here and there.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my surgery is now less than 3 weeks away. I start my 2 weeks of no carbs next Thursday, the 25th, and have surgery on March 11th.

I'm getting nervous, but I'm so excited to get this done! I'm glad that I have Dr K's patients to assure me that he's a great doctor.

Thank you everyone!

Hey all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my surgery is now less than 3 weeks away. I start my 2 weeks of no carbs next Thursday, the 25th, and have surgery on March 11th.

I'm getting nervous, but I'm so excited to get this done! I'm glad that I have Dr K's patients to assure me that he's a great doctor.

Thank you everyone!

WOW... Good for you, I know how exciting this time can be.

I did not go to Dr K for my surgery, but from what I have learned since then I know you have chosen a wonderful doctor.

Hey all,

Thank you everyone!

It's too bad you're in Nebraska...you could meet us at our Red Robin gathering if you were here. :confused:

It's too bad you're in Nebraska...you could meet us at our Red Robin gathering if you were here. :confused:

Hello friends, just checking in. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder this week. Apparently gallstones are common after WLS/rapid weight loss? Anyway, it sucks having 5 MORE incisions on my belly. I am surviving with the Lortab. This surgery was easier than lap band in terms of gas pains - I had none this time - but the cut near my belly button hurts more....

Hope you are all doing well.

Gen

Hello friends, just checking in. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder this week. Apparently gallstones are common after WLS/rapid weight loss? Anyway, it sucks having 5 MORE incisions on my belly. I am surviving with the Lortab. This surgery was easier than LAP-BAND® in terms of gas pains - I had none this time - but the cut near my belly button hurts more....

Hope you are all doing well.

Gen

Gen,

Been meaning to write/call you. Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope you will heal soon from it. Lortabs is a wonderful thing, isn't it!! :sad:

Thanks for your remarks on my blog. Sorry I missed you last time. Maybe next time you come in we can do lunch? ?

Feel better soon, my friend.

Yesterday I was 249!!!! :w00t: I have not been under 250 in probably 25 years :sad:.

I don't know what I'm doing... but it seems to be working. According to my Wii I lost 5.4 pounds in 8 days. Just wish I could do that on a regular basis!!!

Yesterday I was 249!!!! :wink2: I have not been under 250 in probably 25 years :thumbup:.

I don't know what I'm doing... but it seems to be working. According to my Wii I lost 5.4 pounds in 8 days. Just wish I could do that on a regular basis!!!

Congrats!! Gotta be a great feeling!

I have been stuck in the 240's for months even though I had a fill in Jan. I am hoping I can get one next month at the latest. It is very frustrating. I feel like if I could just get into the 230's that I could do this thing.

Hello all,

Decided I needed some motivation to get the rest of this weight off, so am doing an 8 week walk/run/walk training program, to build up to running 30 minutes. Here's the link if anybody's interested:

Beginner Runners - How To Get Started With Running

I'm also signed up to do my first 5K on May 1st, the "Cinco De Mayo" run in Highlands Ranch.

Does anybody want to join me in this endeavor? You can run/walk the 5k if you like.

Please let me know! Thanks!