Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Julie,

Sounds good, my friend Kathy and I will be there, so that makes at least 3 of us. See you there. Anybody else?

I'm planning to come as well. This will be my first time meeting all of you. I'm looking forward to it.

Mary

Hi there!

Just wanted to thank everyone who replyed to me. The info was really helpful and really helped me and my family see that this doc is the one for me. Thanks for everything and I hope to join the banded soon.

Marcy

I'm down 2 pounds this week. Got another fill today, so hopefully I'll lose a chunk by next Monday. I hope you guys had fun at Red Robin. I was sad I couldn't join you this time.

Theresa

Snowgator and Halffull left before we took our picture.

But John T., Dee, Julie and Mary were still there! Here is a picture of us!

post-224851-13813138381337_thumb.jpg

I met John October 2007. He had just gotten his band and I was preparing to get mine. He came and visited me the night after my surgery. He's been a great inspiration to me! I love this picture of us! We're half the people we used to be, but so much more than we ever were!

post-224851-13813138381653_thumb.jpg

I'm down 2 pounds this week. Got another fill today, so hopefully I'll lose a chunk by next Monday. I hope you guys had fun at Red Robin. I was sad I couldn't join you this time.

Theresa

I hope you can meet us next time! Tell me what days are best for you. We can work around your schedule, if possible.

I'm having my surgery with Dr. K on Thursday!! I can't believe my time has finally come. Had a consult with him over the phone last week. he was so personable and informative and he talked to me for 45 minutes. I can't wait to get to Denver and meet him in person. The pre-op diet hasn't been bad at all. I think the only thing I'm worried about is being hungry with 2 weeks of liquids. Anybody have any encouraging words in that respect? Thanks! :thumbup:

I'm having my surgery with Dr. K on Thursday!! I can't believe my time has finally come. Had a consult with him over the phone last week. he was so personable and informative and he talked to me for 45 minutes. I can't wait to get to Denver and meet him in person. The pre-op diet hasn't been bad at all. I think the only thing I'm worried about is being hungry with 2 weeks of liquids. Anybody have any encouraging words in that respect? Thanks! :thumbup:

Are you talking about the 2 weeks post-op? I'm not sure of how others did, but for me, I wasn't hungry during that time. It's a time to heal and allow your band to set properly around your tummy. I had a lot of swelling post operatively and didn't get hungry at all. Others learned that frequent small liquid meals help. I loved the brocolli cheddar Soup from Safeway. I put it in my magic bullet with fat free milk to make it thinner and it held me if I did get hungry.

Hello Dr K people!

Im happy to say that I'm scheduled for June 10 to be banded by Dr k! Yay! My telephone consult was the clincher for me. He really knows his stuff and was very friendly.

So Im seeking your advice on where to stay for my visit. The list that his office sent me is mostly immediate area budget minded places and Im really looking to stay somewhere nice with some sort of "heavenly super sleeper" type bed. I'll be staying from tuesday through sunday so I also hope to get around the area and have a little post op fun. Were a couple of 30 something mallrats so it seems the place to stay is the DTC area?

:DMEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE (In memory of the way we used to eat!)

First weigh-in: April 6 Last weigh-in: May 25 (seven weeks)

******************************Week 1**Week 2**Week 3**Week 4**Week 5

JMEGIRL....................(Goal 14lbs) +0.6 rolleyes.gif +0.8 rolleyes.gif -4.8 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif ? :mad2:

LOTZASUNSHINE........(Goal 8.5lbs) -.5:smile2: -3.5:smile2: -2.5 :smile2: -2.5 :smile2: -1.5 :(

KAYLEIGHSMOMMY.....(Goal 15lbs) ? rolleyes.gif +8 rolleyes.gif -7 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -3.8 :)

JULIE.ANN....................(Goal 13.5) -2:smile2: -1.8:smile2: -2.2 :smile2: -1.1:thumbup:

MISSCHERYL..............(Goal 15lbs) -1.5:smile2: -1.5:smile2: -1.5:thumbup:

PRTYANTOVRYT.........(Goal 25lbs) -2:smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif -5.6:smile2: -3.6:thumbup:

BELLAPERDENTE.........(Goal 14lbs) -3:smile2: -.5:smile2: +1rolleyes.gif -1 :smile2: -1 :)

LAPTASTIC................(Goal 15lbs) -1:smile2: +1 rolleyes.gif -4 :smile2: -3 :smile2: -2 :thumbup:

DEBOREGON...............(Goal 10lbs) -1:smile2: -2.5:smile2: -2.6 :smile2: +2 rolleyes.gif

MEM620....................(Goal 14lbs) -2:smile2: -1:smile2: -.5 :smile2: -.5 :smile2: -2 :thumbup:

MINIDRIVER...............(Goal 10lbs) -1.2:smile2: -2.4:smile2: ? :smile2: +.6 rolleyes.gif

SNOWGATOR..............(Goal 8lbs) -1:smile2: -2:smile2: -2 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif-3 :thumbup:

Another bad weekend. I lost a lot and gained a bunch back. Put me down for -2.0 lbs this week.

Thanks for keeping track.

It was so good to meet everyone last night. It really is something to talk to other like-minded people who are at various stages in this journey.

Thanks for the photo Dee!

Mary