Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

how do you calucate your excess body fat precentage?

take your initial weight and multiply by 0.10. that is 10%. I need to lose 60% of my total weight.

to calculate your excess weight - take your ideal weight subtract your initial weight and then multiply 0.10 to get 10% of that. I am down molre than 50% of my excess weight.

If your pre-op weight was 303, 10% would be 30lbs. 20% 60lbs, 30% 90lbs. You have lost almost 30% of your total body weight! That's excellent!!!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

how do you calucate your excess body fat precentage?

I have 142.5 lbs to lose to get to a healthy BMI. Half of that is 71.25. That is 50% of my excess body weight. Half of that is 25% of my excess body weight.

Goodmorning everyone! I'm still in bed having slept in this weekend day.

-3 lbs. spot on this week.

Congratulations to all who checked in this morning. I'm all about the finish line today. Just showing up to post and connect with eachother.

Wow, so I've lost more than 50% of my excess body weight (which would make sense since I'm more than half way to goal) and I've lost 20% of my total body weight.

So I guess I'll quit beating myself up over having gained a half pound this week.

I should adjust my goal!

I've broken my goals down to 10% of my body weight. I am 4 lbs from being at my 4th goal or being down 40% of my total weight. I'm going to adjust my goal! I hope no one minds!!!

OMG!!! That's so fantastic. Good for you!!!

A monroe piercing is the upper lip either the left or right side, by the cheek.. where marlyin monroe had her birth mark mole.. I have pictures on my profile of it..

I'm glad they finally let you leave it in. I've never really understood the whole jewelry issue with surgery. Dee, do you know why they make you take our your jewelry?

I'm glad they finally let you leave it in. I've never really understood the whole jewelry issue with surgery. Dee, do you know why they make you take our your jewelry?

They want you to remove your jewelry for several reasons:

Infection Control (we can't wear any rings at work due to infection control. there are cervices and places bacteria can live)

Edema and restrictive problems with swelling during procedures or post-procedures

Theft (if you wake up from surgery and your $24K wedding set is missing, it could get costly for the hospital)

Lastly, there could be an issue with some electrosurgical units. This is not so much of an issue anymore, but it could still be an issue if they have an older generator or one that doesn't return the current to the electrosurgical unit. It could cause burns and if the electro accidently touched the metal jewelry, you still could be burned.

With the Monroe piercing I can understand asking the patient to remove it if they have to intubate the patient. I would be nervous intubating someone with a piercing around the mouth. I got a fat lip from my intubation when I had my surgery. It happens often.

OMG!!! That's so fantastic. Good for you!!!

I was wrong, I'm actually 4 lbs from the 30% mark for total weight lost. I have a chart that is on my fridge. I started at such a high weight, it will take a while to get to each goal!

I think you're doing great Mini! You can't really complain! I congratulate you on your achievements!

I have 142.5 lbs to lose to get to a healthy BMI. Half of that is 71.25. That is 50% of my excess body weight. Half of that is 25% of my excess body weight.

Oh my Goodness! AND you were just banded in October! You're doing great!!!

A monroe piercing is the upper lip either the left or right side, by the cheek.. where marlyin monroe had her birth mark mole.. I have pictures on my profile of it..

Ooops! I thought it was the bottom lip! Duh Dee! It makes sense, "Monroe" = upper lip!

I guess, I'm not as cool as I thought I was!!!

Today I took my "during" picture at the hospital. Do you like my new glasses?

Dee, you look fantastic! And I loooove your new glasses. Very hip and very flattering. I need to get some new glasses. I need trifocals. Oh dear.

wow, you look so good.

Well my piercing is plastic due to surgical steel not healing that great in me.. I understand why most of the pericing i have had to come out..and if it was the tounge i would have taken that out too..but it was an upper lip by the cheek, which i put tape over and was way out of the way of having the tube put down my throat.

basically I am just a pain in the ass that didnt want it to go shut before i could go back down to portland to get it replaced (which it would have..) also it costs money to have it replaced and I already missed 30 hrs of work due to this kidneystone problem..

Man port pain is nothing compaired to this pain.. I feel like absolute crap.. I want to rip my kidney out and sell it on the black market..Dee your still pretty hip to even know about the piercings under the lip on the side.. Many many guys/girls are getting those too..facial piercings aren't for everyone though!.. Also your picture looks fantastic! you've lost sooo much weight.. how much have you lost total? Congrats!

take your initial weight and multiply by 0.10. that is 10%. I need to lose 60% of my total weight.

to calculate your excess weight - take your ideal weight subtract your initial weight and then multiply 0.10 to get 10% of that. I am down molre than 50% of my excess weight.

If your pre-op weight was 303, 10% would be 30lbs. 20% 60lbs, 30% 90lbs. You have lost almost 30% of your total body weight! That's excellent!!!

Got it. I'm not that great at math I confess but after playing with my calculator I finally got it. Thanks Dee.

Your glasses look great. I just saw your first photo, you carry your weight in that photo like I do/did. Dee, you look great! You are doing so well. Keep it going.