Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Adorkable (8lbs): -2.0:smilielol5:

Amethystjade (15lbs): -7.0, -2.0, -4.0:smilielol5:

Bahotmomma (10lbs): -1:wub:

Bella (12lbs): -2.0, -0.0, +0.0:smilielol5:

Deboregon (10lbs): -8.4, +2.0, +2.0:smilielol5:

Jmegirl (10lbs): -1.8, -0.4, -1.2:smilielol5:

Julieann (15lbs): -3.9, -3.1, -3.1, -4.0 :)

KayleighsMommy (15lbs): -2.0,-2.0, +0.0:smilielol5:

Lapdancer (20lbs): -1.04, -8.0, -4.02:smilielol5:

Lotzasunshine (13lbs): -4.0, -1.0, +0.0:smilielol5:

Magaines (15lbs): -4.2, -2.0, +1.9:smilielol5:

Minidriver (10lbs): -4.9, -1.5, +0.0:smilielol5:

MissMom: -5lbs:wub:

PrtyAntOvrYt (31lbs): -2.0, -0.0, -2.0:smilielol5:

Shelbi (7lbs):

I put me down for 4 lbs lost this week. I don't know how, but I'll take it! That leaves me 0.9 lbs from goal. YAY!:redface:

Did you guys see that LapBand has new stuff on their site like a food tracker and such. I like sparkpeople so I will prob. stay with them, but I'm glad their site it getting better!

Edited by julie.ann

I just had my kidney stone surgery yesterday and I had a huge stand off fight when them for 2 hours about taking my monroe piercing out and I refused to do it.. 1) they dont know how to get it out/I dont really either 2) no real reason to take it out, put a bandaide over it!.. Well they came down to the fact to take it out or not have surgery and I told them that was fine I wouldnt have surgery.. I didnt want my vajj to be stared at anyways! We'll 7 doctors/nurses later I got my way! My mom said that she's never seen anyone so strong willed. The dr should have told me that I would need to take it out 2 weeks ago in his OFFICE! but did he? NO! Stereo typing really sucks and when the medical profession tries to force their "expert" opnions onto you I dont go for it.. I may be only 20, but I've been in college since I was 15 and I already have my BS in psychology..

I tried to fire more nurses again when they kept trying to come in and wake me up, they finally just let me sleep, I was suppose to be out of there at 1030, i didnt get out until 3pm.. My mom said it was freaky lookin at me.. My eyes were rolled back and alls you could see was white and I was twitchin.. (im allergic to pain meds, and the anthesia..and apparently cipro now.. I guess I woke up screaming and itching my arm when they put it in..)...

They found 2 huge kidney stones piggybacked against eachother and thats why it was stuck.. Now I have a stint in until friday and its the most painful experience I've ever had to deal with.. shit give me the port pain again, it was better than this kidney stone! I'm all bloated and feeling super huge...I feel like im on my monthly again which sucks =(..

So sad to say I only lost 2 lbs this week.. I haven't been to the gym in forever too though, so I know thats a BIG part of it..I guess slower is better though =).. I just cant wait to get the next 20 lbs off of me.. I'll finally be below 200.. I can't ever remember being below 200. I remember getting to 203 and not making it..

Congrats on your year Dee, I can't wait to get to my year!

With the comment of not feeling like your in your own skin, I sometimes feel like that.. This week I FINALLY got so many compliments about losing weight.. it only took 88 lbs to do it haha.. It was weird though.. I have COLLAR bones..and I feel my hip bones again.. Sometimes I look in the mirror and im like wow, im so tiny!! But in reality I'm not THAT tiny.. I finally can see the girl I once knew coming out.. I struggle with the fact that I dont know how to BE skinny.. How does one BE skinny? Do you act different? Is there a code?

I just bought the cutest little black dress for my 21st (march 30th) I can't wait to rock it!! I can practically taste my bday!

Well Happy Saturday to everyone..:thumbup:

Adorkable (8lbs): -2.0:smilielol5:

Amethystjade (15lbs): -7.0, -2.0, -4.0-2.0:tt1:

Bahotmomma (10lbs): -1:wub:

Bella (12lbs): -2.0, -0.0, +0.0-:lol:

Deboregon (10lbs): -8.4, +5.0, +4.0-8.2:tt1:

Jmegirl (10lbs): -1.8, -0.4, -1.2-1:tt1:

Julieann (15lbs): -3.9, -3.1, -3.1, -4.0 :eek:

KayleighsMommy (15lbs): -2.0,-2.0, +0.0-1.0:tt1:

Lapdancer (20lbs): -1.04, -8.0, -4.02-3.0:tt1:

Lotzasunshine (13lbs): -4.0, -1.0, +0.0+0.0:tt1:

Magaines (15lbs): -4.2, -2.0, +1.9-2.6:tt1:

Minidriver (10lbs): -4.9, -1.5, +0.0+.5:tt1:

MissMom: -5lbs:wub:

PrtyAntOvrYt (11lbs): -2.0, -0.0, -2.0-2.4:tt1:

Shelbi (7lbs):

Thanks Julieann for choosing our new smiley! I lost 2.4lbs this week! Yeah!

Good job getting the scale moving again Bella!

Amethystjade, I'm glad you got rid of those stones! AND kept your piercing! Sounds like it was a battle!

Okay Kidlings, step on that scale and give me your result! We have 2 weeks left for me to lose 24 lbs! (I'm sure I'll be right there by the 14th!):thumbup:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

I'm +1 this week and in a really bad mood. I'm self-sabotaging and I can't figure out why. :thumbup:

Are you due for a fill?

Do you log all of your food in somewhere?

Are you getting enough Protein?

Sorry! That sucks!!!

I should adjust my goal!

I've broken my goals down to 10% of my body weight. I am 4 lbs from being at my 4th goal or being down 40% of my total weight. I'm going to adjust my goal! I hope no one minds!!!

Amethyst: congrats on overall weight loss numbers. Boy, you are losing fast:thumbup: Okay, I will confess my ignorance: what is a "monroe piercing"?:thumbup:

Dee: I went back over my numbers for this challenge, and I screwed up (in denial, i suppose)

week one was correct; week two should be +5:cursing: and week three should be +4:cursing: and this week is -8.2:thumbup:

Following Patty's advice this week and eating salad and such for Breakfast helped; plus your story about the laid-up woman eating dinner in morning and lighter later in day helped too. I don't necessarily eat breakfast at night; I just eat a lighter meal late afternoon. It seems as if I eat only two meals a day. However, being retired, I sit and read paper, drink coffee, watch Matt and Meredith, and then eat something about 9. Then a Protein Drink around noon. Last meal about 4. I might have a lowfat ice cream treat or celery with ff cream cheese around 7 and that's it. (I go to bed at 9; I know, one might think I was 75 instead of 57!)

I'm +1 this week and in a really bad mood. I'm self-sabotaging and I can't figure out why. :thumbup:

Remember Jaime, without proper restriction it's like you're dieting. Sure you're following the bander rules, but you're still going to be just as hungry as you were before you got the Band.

Don't be so hard on yourself!

Amethyst: congrats on overall weight loss numbers. Boy, you are losing fast:thumbup: Okay, I will confess my ignorance: what is a "monroe piercing"?:thumbup:

Dee: I went back over my numbers for this challenge, and I screwed up (in denial, i suppose)

week one was correct; week two should be +5:cursing: and week three should be +4:cursing: and this week is -8.2:thumbup:

Following Patty's advice this week and eating salad and such for breakfast helped; plus your story about the laid-up woman eating dinner in morning and lighter later in day helped too. I don't necessarily eat breakfast at night; I just eat a lighter meal late afternoon. It seems as if I eat only two meals a day. However, being retired, I sit and read paper, drink coffee, watch Matt and Meredith, and then eat something about 9. Then a Protein drink around noon. Last meal about 4. I might have a lowfat ice cream treat or celery with ff cream cheese around 7 and that's it. (I go to bed at 9; I know, one might think I was 75 instead of 57!)

Congrats Deb!

I'm going to try that too! I did it for a while with Shelbi when we were doing our Steel Cut oatmeal challenge with one another. I ate my Oats at 5pm and then nothing else till the next morning when I ate Dinner for Breakfast!

I think a Monroe piercing, if I'm not wrong, is the one in the bottom lip. Is that right? I'm old, but I have a 21 year old - with lots of friends who think I'm cool. Perhaps I'm not as cool as I think!

I should adjust my goal!

I've broken my goals down to 10% of my body weight. I am 4 lbs from being at my 4th goal or being down 40% of my total weight. I'm going to adjust my goal! I hope no one minds!!!

Those are great goals, but given that our time frames for challenges have been shortened, aren't you being a bit hard on yourself to do 10% each time? You have done so well, I would hate to see you be down on yourself for not meeting a goal. Just a concern, Dee, not a criticism:heart:

Following Patty's advice this week and eating salad and such for breakfast helped; plus your story about the laid-up woman eating dinner in morning and lighter later in day helped too. I don't necessarily eat breakfast at night; I just eat a lighter meal late afternoon. It seems as if I eat only two meals a day. However, being retired, I sit and read paper, drink coffee, watch Matt and Meredith, and then eat something about 9. Then a Protein drink around noon. Last meal about 4. I might have a lowfat ice cream treat or celery with ff cream cheese around 7 and that's it. (I go to bed at 9; I know, one might think I was 75 instead of 57!)

Yeah that laid up woman lost 69lbs during her recovery when she was just sure she would gain since she was being so sedentary!

This was about 10 years ago and she's now married with kids and a totally hottie! Her husband says he loves eating Dinner for Breakfast except when it's fish! He can't handle that! HAAAA!

Those are great goals, but given that our time frames for challenges have been shortened, aren't you being a bit hard on yourself to do 10% each time? You have done so well, I would hate to see you be down on yourself for not meeting a goal. Just a concern, Dee, not a criticism:heart:

Oh no! I could never do 10% each challenge! It has taken me a year and more to get to the 40% mark. I just need 4 more lbs to be at the 40% mark, so I'm altering my old goal to 4lbs more. Not the 24 lbs I have left from the original goal of 31lbs!

Yikes! I would be nuts!

Congrats Deb!

I'm going to try that too! I did it for a while with Shelbi when we were doing our Steel Cut Oatmeal challenge with one another. I ate my Oats at 5pm and then nothing else till the next morning when I ate dinner for Breakfast!

I think a Monroe piercing, if I'm not wrong, is the one in the bottom lip. Is that right? I'm old, but I have a 21 year old - with lots of friends who think I'm cool. Perhaps I'm not as cool as I think!

A monroe piercing is the upper lip either the left or right side, by the cheek.. where marlyin monroe had her birth mark mole.. I have pictures on my profile of it..