Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Fills: Just like the body having a rhythm, it also hums back now about time to eat. The band has done that for me. I think because we have been morbidly obese, that ALL STOPS full button was broke, banding fixed that, now we do get signals on foods.

My last fill was last February. That's a year! My sweet spot is perfect. If you have a card about being in the zone, the green...being green, you can read it to see how you should be feeling. Again, I don't count on the band to do all the work, I put some serious time in learning how to listen to my body during meal times. My eating patterns were so messed up.

I've set it before, I'll say it again, the surgery was a piece of low profile CAKE compared to retraining my brain and breaking the bad habits I had of drinking gallons of fluids daily and two big glasses during my meals. I gulped my food, I know I did. All bad habits.

Me today at school. My camera was taking lousy photos...it helps if fresh batteries are in there.:bored:

IMG_7315.jpg?t=1233217759

Morphing Body Most of you know I was pushing 400 at my peak. At surgery I was 352. I've blown past the 300 mark so for me I feel like I've officially lost 100 lbs. Soon, I think before easter, I'll hit 250 for my official BAND loss of 100. After that milestone, I will have 110 left until I reach goal. All these baby steps and anniversaries and victories are hard to express in words what it feels like to be HUGE and then get down to a functional size, a fat body that can navigate the world. What one doesn't think about is what happens when the fat comes off. My body is morphing.

My skin is elastic in feel and pulls off my body like dough. I told my husband it feels like I am melting. More and more, I feel like I am living in another person's body, like I am disengaging from the fat me.

Is anyone else feeling this?

I'm going back to the plastic surgeon in the spring to see what all the surgeries are going to be.

Meanwhile, another photo:

IMG_7201.jpg?t=1233218843

MORNING!

Okay now that I'm not sleep deprived ( I know, I know man if she can talk like that and she's sleep deprived what's she like fully rested..) ANYWAY, I read my morph post and thought expanding on that some. Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight and had the sensation they were becoming out of touch with the skin they are in? Feels so different to touch yourself it's almost like it's somebody else? That's where I'm at.

My husband and I were laying in bed talking last night and I was fiddling with my arm, upper arm. I discovered I'm getting those 'bat wings'. He commented my skin there was wrinkled, I showed him my breast with looks like crepe paper near the crease in my arm. My former stomach is now like a box instead of a garbage bag, there are BONES I can feel through my skin, it simply feels odd.

So, again, is anyone having or has had the experience of feeling like they are disconnected from their body after losing significant amounts of weight? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks, Patty

Wow, we are getting rapid fire posts like last year.

Hello Friends! I trust everyone is having a great week. I can feel the vibe.

Amie, great to see you here.

I can't remember all the things I wanted to say and who to shout out to because it's 3 AM eastern time. Can't sleep. My energy has returned, the medication is almost stabalized. As a result, my energy shot up 75%. I'm back to picking up projects and getting involved like I use to be before I gained the last 40 lbs. and reached uber obese, sported a red satan sailor dress, grew a beard and worked for the circus. ..more on my body morp later.

I want to pass along the info I got from one of the doctors I saw over the past six months for my spine disorder. Regular bowel movements are real important. You want to get at a place where everything is like clockwork. For my mid morning snack I have been eating yogurt that is called "Digestive" yogurt. It was one of three things suggested to aid in keeping my digestive system rolling along. I think I mentioned before the doctor describing the effect a change in structure on the digestive system can have on the digestion of food and how our body breaks even pills down.

This yogurt has stabalized me and now I am feeling more like my older self.

Quite sure I've lost weight this week. Haven't really changed any eating habits other than increasing the amount of food and how often I eat. I added a fresh fruit snack mid morning and late at night.

BOOBS. Speaking of not losing any off the chest, here is a photo of me taken yesterday. As you can see, my girls are still hanging in there...literally.

IMG_7209-2.jpg?t=1233216953

Gir!!! You look 25 years younger! Oh My Goodness! You're just adorable!

Everyone join me in singing - remember the Happy Anniversary song on the Flintstones? Barney is playing the piano and singing. He sings it over and over and over again, until Fred starts rolling him out of the room!

"Happy Bandiversary Happy Bandiversay Happy Bandiversary Ha-ppy Ban-di-ver-sary! Happy Happy Happy Happy Ban-di-ver-sary Happy Happy Happy Happy Ban-di-ver-sary."

This is truly a red letter day! One year! I'm emotional! I thrilled! AND I am in a celebrating kind of mood! "Celebrate Good Times, Come On!"

(my daughter used to say "Salivate" Good Times - she was only 5 years old - if you're PB'g, I guess that would be true!)

I can't believe it's been a year! I can still remember how excited I was the morning of my surgery. I wasn't scared anymore - just excited, anxious and thrilled it was finally happening!

I have so much to be thanful for! I am thankful for Dr. Kirshenbaum. He saved my life! He took a chance on a Super Morbidly Obese woman in her mid-40's, who sat in his office scared to death he'd say,"no" - He worked hard to make my surgery happen and for that I will be forever grateful. He will always be my hero!

I'm thankful for my bestfriend, "M" who turned me on to Dr. K, I'm thankful for the divorce settlement that helped me pay for my surgery, I'm thankful for Parker Adventist Hospital and the Medical Director there who worked with Dr. K and his surgical staff to help make my surgery possible in the main OR, I'm thankful for all my co-workers who adjusted their schedules not only once but twice to give me the recovery time off, I'm thankful for all of you here - each of you who comes here to post support and encouragement.

This has been a wonderful year! Today is truly the first day of the rest of my life!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Dee...I'm literally crying. I know. Your words..I know.

HAPPY

Bandiversary!!!!

From the heart, one can always feel you in your words.

Wishing you this next year, an AWESOME continuation to your goal my friend.

ONE YEAR DOWN, ONE YEAR OF LESSONS AND LIFE LEARNING.

WAY TO GO.

Celebrate. go to a spa, get your toe nails painted purple.

HUGS

Patty

Dee...I'm literally crying. I know. Your words..I know.

HAPPY

Bandiversary!!!!

From the heart, one can always feel you in your words.

Wishing you this next year, an AWESOME continuation to your goal my friend.

ONE YEAR DOWN, ONE YEAR OF LESSONS AND LIFE LEARNING.

WAY TO GO.

Celebrate. go to a spa, get your toe nails painted purple.

HUGS

Patty

Thanks Sweet Patty!

I know! I sat here crying!

I am very emotional thinking of the past years and thinking of this last year. What a blessing has been bestowed upon me this last year - a blessing for the years to come. May I take this gift and do good things with it. May I become all I can be and use my new self to enhance the lives of others!

Everyone join me in singing - remember the Happy Anniversary song on the Flintstones? Barney is playing the piano and singing. He sings it over and over and over again, until Fred starts rolling him out of the room!

"Happy Bandiversary Happy Bandiversay Happy Bandiversary Ha-ppy Ban-di-ver-sary! Happy Happy Happy Happy Ban-di-ver-sary Happy Happy Happy Happy Ban-di-ver-sary."

This is truly a red letter day! One year! I'm emotional! I thrilled! AND I am in a celebrating kind of mood! "Celebrate Good Times, Come On!"

(my daughter used to say "Salivate" Good Times - she was only 5 years old - if you're PB'g, I guess that would be true!)

I can't believe it's been a year! I can still remember how excited I was the morning of my surgery. I wasn't scared anymore - just excited, anxious and thrilled it was finally happening!

I have so much to be thanful for! I am thankful for Dr. Kirshenbaum. He saved my life! He took a chance on a Super Morbidly Obese woman in her mid-40's, who sat in his office scared to death he'd say,"no" - He worked hard to make my surgery happen and for that I will be forever grateful. He will always be my hero!

I'm thankful for my bestfriend, "M" who turned me on to Dr. K, I'm thankful for the divorce settlement that helped me pay for my surgery, I'm thankful for Parker Adventist Hospital and the Medical Director there who worked with Dr. K and his surgical staff to help make my surgery possible in the main OR, I'm thankful for all my co-workers who adjusted their schedules not only once but twice to give me the recovery time off, I'm thankful for all of you here - each of you who comes here to post support and encouragement.

This has been a wonderful year! Today is truly the first day of the rest of my life!

Miss dee, I totally remember the Flinstones song and am singing it as I type.

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY, MY FRIEND!!! What an incredible journey. You have done so well . . . a year ago could you have imagined that you would be well over 100 lbs lighter at this point? It's an amazing accomplishment. I sending you several gold refrigerator cyber-stars.

AND, you're just a super-cool person, which makes your success even better.

LOVE YOU!!!

Wow, we are getting rapid fire posts like last year.

Hello Friends! I trust everyone is having a great week. I can feel the vibe.

Amie, great to see you here.

I can't remember all the things I wanted to say and who to shout out to because it's 3 AM eastern time. Can't sleep. My energy has returned, the medication is almost stabalized. As a result, my energy shot up 75%. I'm back to picking up projects and getting involved like I use to be before I gained the last 40 lbs. and reached uber obese, sported a red satan sailor dress, grew a beard and worked for the circus. ..more on my body morp later.

I want to pass along the info I got from one of the doctors I saw over the past six months for my spine disorder. Regular bowel movements are real important. You want to get at a place where everything is like clockwork. For my mid morning snack I have been eating yogurt that is called "Digestive" yogurt. It was one of three things suggested to aid in keeping my digestive system rolling along. I think I mentioned before the doctor describing the effect a change in structure on the digestive system can have on the digestion of food and how our body breaks even pills down.

This yogurt has stabalized me and now I am feeling more like my older self.

Quite sure I've lost weight this week. Haven't really changed any eating habits other than increasing the amount of food and how often I eat. I added a fresh fruit snack mid morning and late at night.

BOOBS. Speaking of not losing any off the chest, here is a photo of me taken yesterday. As you can see, my girls are still hanging in there...literally.

IMG_7209-2.jpg?t=1233216953

Wow, great pic Lap. You look lovely.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't wait until my bandiversary! You must be ecstatic!!!

MORNING!

Okay now that I'm not sleep deprived ( I know, I know man if she can talk like that and she's sleep deprived what's she like fully rested..) ANYWAY, I read my morph post and thought expanding on that some. Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight and had the sensation they were becoming out of touch with the skin they are in? Feels so different to touch yourself it's almost like it's somebody else? That's where I'm at.

My husband and I were laying in bed talking last night and I was fiddling with my arm, upper arm. I discovered I'm getting those 'bat wings'. He commented my skin there was wrinkled, I showed him my breast with looks like crepe paper near the crease in my arm. My former stomach is now like a box instead of a garbage bag, there are BONES I can feel through my skin, it simply feels odd.

So, again, is anyone having or has had the experience of feeling like they are disconnected from their body after losing significant amounts of weight? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks, Patty

YOU LOOK MAHVALOUS, PATTY! Congrats to you on all levels. So happy to hear you are feeling better. Good on ya!:):lol:

Okay, you are making me get teary! Congratulations to you, Dee, what a year for you. I know those of us who have corresponded on this site and those of us who have been so fortunate to actually meet you in person all feel our lives are much fuller because you are a part of it.

You are an incredible person, an outstanding role model.

I pray that we can meet up on the 10th.

Okay, girls, a friend of mine gave me a can of Protein Drink that she couldn't stomach (she has no weight problem, of course. In fact, she isn't ever hungry and forgets to eat! Sheesh, wish I had THAT kind of amnesia!). Anyway it is Worldwide Pure Protein Shake and it has 35 grams of Protein and 3 grams of carbs (after subtracting the fiber). 11 ounce can, bigger than costco brand premier. She bought it at Trader Joe's. I don't know the cost or what flavors (this was "frosty chocolate":ohmy:) It didn't taste much different from the Costco stuff, but it probably is a little more expensive. However, if it keeps me out of costco, i am going to go for it. Going in there to buy 2 cases of protein drink for $50, but coming out with $200 worth of other stuff....not so wise!:)

DEE -- CONGRATUATIONS!!!!!!!!

Patty == Wow girlfriend...look at you!!! You look fabulous!!!! I hear you on the feeling like your disconnecting from your fat self and your skin. It's just the weirdest thing.

I also hear you on the gulping your food down. I think I've got back to doing that. I have been drinking too much when I'm eating. I need to brush up on my good bandster rules!

Thanks ladies for your inspiration!

amie

3 month bandiversary and I knew I had to take updated pictures. Honestly looking at the before pictures I didn't realize how bad I looked unless I saw pictures and that is why I stayed out of pictures!

The way my picures look now is the way I felt I looked before. Does that make any sense? I look at the picures now and I get so pissy about people saying how skinny I look (and they say it all the time at work) because I am NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO SKINNY. Maybe in another 50 lbs.

Band Lessons.pdf post-342841-13813142315297_thumb.jpg post-345422-13813142316201_thumb.jpg post-345422-13813142317135_thumb.jpg

post-246907-13813138102242_thumb.jpg

post-246907-13813138102572_thumb.jpg

post-246907-1381313810288_thumb.jpg

post-246907-13813138103235_thumb.jpg

What one doesn't think about is what happens when the fat comes off. My body is morphing.

My skin is elastic in feel and pulls off my body like dough. I told my husband it feels like I am melting. More and more, I feel like I am living in another person's body, like I am disengaging from the fat me.

Is anyone else feeling this?

Reposting this question

Debinoregon:

11 ounce can, bigger than costco brand premier. She bought it at Trader Joe's. I don't know the cost or what flavors (this was "frosty chocolate":ohmy:) It didn't taste much different from the Costco stuff, but it probably is a little more expensive. However, if it keeps me out of costco, i am going to go for it. Going in there to buy 2 cases of Protein Drink for $50, but coming out with $200 worth of other stuff....not so wise

Sounds like a plan Deb. Grocery stores are a huge temptation and I too do the $50 intention with the $200 receipt. Try online shopping. You don't have to fight crowds or traffic, don't have to fight the smells or free samples at a grocery store, take your time shopping and change your mind if you wish.