Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Just checking in and I am two days past surgery and am feeling much better. The walking sure is making a difference. Can't wait until I am on some real liquids other than just clear.

Edited by Dan-in-OC

Hello all,

I've been reading these posts for weeks now and have scheduled my surgery with Dr.K for March 3rd. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. I have a couple of questions for you veterans. Do most of you think the first fill at 4 weeks is too soon? Most Drs. seem to wait longer and since I'm flying from NC I don't want to waste a trip if it's done too soon. It also seems like getting the fills right is the biggest problem with the lap band. Have any suggestions? We are celebrateing our 30th anniversary on May 6th and a planning a big trip, do you think I will be up for it or should be postpone it? I'm so thrilled to have found this forum and all your great advise, can't wait to hear back from some of you old pros!

Cheryl Kirchner

Morehead City NC

I don't think that it is too soon. Dr. K places empty bands while some dr's fill during surgery. Dr.K has more emphasis on healing before a fill. I wish it had been sooner too.

Just checking in and I am two days past surgery and am feeling much better. The walking sure is making a difference. Can't wait until I am on some real liquids other than just clear.

Congratz on doing so well on your 2nd day! real liquids are much better but it is worth it in the end.

Well I did end up having a fill today. Jamie, It was nice seeing you again.

I had 0.7 cc put in. I'm surprised I needed that much. So was Dr. K. I was able to eat without any problem and drove on home. I am so nervous about the possiblity of getting too tight!

I now have 3.5cc in my 10cc band. Abitrary number or not it is still nice to know.

Alright the first week of our :regular_smile:-day challange is over and you can put me down for a loss of 3.9 pounds! :cool:

Alright the first week of our :regular_smile:-day challange is over and you can put me down for a loss of 3.9 pounds! :cool:

Thanks Julieann! You're the first to check in!

I've got you down for 3.9lbs. I'll put myself down for 2.0lbs!

Slow, but steady wins the race! Even tho this isn't a race!!!

Amethystjade - 15lbs

Bahotmomma - 10lbs-1:wub:

Deboregon- 10lbs-8.4:wub:

Jmegirl - 10lbs-1.8:wub:

Julieann - 15lbs-3.9:wub:

KayleighsMommy - 15lbs

Lapdancer - 20lbs

Lotzasunshine - 13lbs-4:wub:

Magaines - 15lbs-4.2:wub:

Minidriver - 10lbs-4.9:wub:

MissMom- -5lbs:wub:

PrtyAntOvrYt - 31lbs-2.0:wub:

Shelbi - 7lbs

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Hello all,

I've been reading these posts for weeks now and have scheduled my surgery with Dr.K for March 3rd. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. I have a couple of questions for you veterans. Do most of you think the first fill at 4 weeks is too soon? Most Drs. seem to wait longer and since I'm flying from NC I don't want to waste a trip if it's done too soon. It also seems like getting the fills right is the biggest problem with the lap band. Have any suggestions? We are celebrateing our 30th anniversary on May 6th and a planning a big trip, do you think I will be up for it or should be postpone it? I'm so thrilled to have found this forum and all your great advise, can't wait to hear back from some of you old pros!

Cheryl Kirchner

Morehead City NC

Hi Cheryl!!! I'm from Raleigh, so we're practically neighbors! I had surgery on Nov 5th, and went back for my first fill on Dec 5th. I also just got back from having my 2nd fill on Jan 9th, so I'm averaging 4-5 weeks between fills. Of course, my other option is to go to Fill Centers USA near Charlotte, which is more expensive than just flying back to Denver - how crazy is that??

I don't think a fill after 4 weeks is a bad idea, and I definitely think you'll be ready for a celebration 2 months out at your 30th Anniversary! What a milestone, congrats!! I'll be celebrating my 1st Anniversary on May 10th. :cool:

I'll answer any questions you have, feel free to PM me and we can exchange email addresses! Congrats on making this decision! You won't regret it!!!

Thanks Julieann! You're the first to check in!

I've got you down for 3.9lbs. I'll put myself down for 2.0lbs!

Slow, but steady wins the race! Even tho this isn't a race!!!

Miss Dee!!! I'm doing the skinny dance!!!! I'm down 1.8 since last Saturday!!!! :cool::lol::regular_smile:

Hi Miss Dee. You can put me down for -4.9 lbs!!! yay!! I've lost what I gained over the holidays plus a few pounds more, so I'm very happy.

Don, I'm glad you're feeling better. Walking really does make a big difference.

Jaime, I'm glad your fill went well and that you had a fun trip.

I have lost 4 this week. Idk if it really counts though because I had gained 4 with my TOM and the holiday. So now I am back to where I was at Christmas.

Yay Lotza! We'll just put our holiday gains behind us and move on.

Amethystjade - 15lbs

Bahotmomma - 10lbs

Deboregon- 10lbs

Jmegirl - 10lbs-1.8:wub:

Julieann - 15lbs-3.9:wub:

KayleighsMommy - 15lbs

Lapdancer - 20lbs

Lotzasunshine - 13lbs-4:wub:

Magaines - 15lbs

Minidriver - 10lbs-4.9:wub:

PrtyAntOvrYt - 31lbs-2.0:wub:

Shelbi - 7lbs

Whoohoo! You can put me down for a loss of 4.2. .

Don't know about anyone else, but I wish they would quit screwing around with the format of the site. The smilie faces are in the wrong place, and not getting the email notifications, again. Sorry 'bout the complaining.

Dee,

Put me down for -1 pound. I have to get moving on working out more so I can get the last 10-15 pounds off for good.

Thanks for keeping track.

d

Hi Cheryl!!! I'm from Raleigh, so we're practically neighbors! I had surgery on Nov 5th, and went back for my first fill on Dec 5th. I also just got back from having my 2nd fill on Jan 9th, so I'm averaging 4-5 weeks between fills. Of course, my other option is to go to Fill Centers USA near Charlotte, which is more expensive than just flying back to Denver - how crazy is that??

I don't think a fill after 4 weeks is a bad idea, and I definitely think you'll be ready for a celebration 2 months out at your 30th Anniversary! What a milestone, congrats!! I'll be celebrating my 1st Anniversary on May 10th. :thumbup:

I'll answer any questions you have, feel free to PM me and we can exchange email addresses! Congrats on making this decision! You won't regret it!!!

Jamie and all,

Thanks so much for your input, it has really helped! Guess we can book our anniversary trip now! Congrats on your 1st anniversary Jamie, may you have as happy of a marriage as we do. Jamie, I'm new to forums, not sure how to IM but you can write me directly at poodlemom77@aol.com.

I'll follow what Dr. K says and have my first fill 4 weeks after surgery. I know many of you fly to Denver for your fills, I'll give it a try, too. This is the busy time for my business (I sell lingerie) so I put off surgery until after Valentines Day but now wish I could do it sooner! Thank you all for your support, so glad I found this forum.

Cheryl