Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Welcome, Dan. You will like it here, but I hope you like outspoken women as there are plenty of us here!!:thumbup:

What are you implying, Deb? I, for one, am a demure and mild-mannered sort who is always monitoring what comes out of my mouth (and fingertips) for social acceptability.

I was banded by Dr. K today about 8 hours ago. All went well and everyone at Dr. K's office and the hospital were outstanding.

I am in little to no pain (more than likely to the pain meds!) I am able to get out and walk around.

Looking forward to getting with the program and using the tool I now have.

Yay, congrats on making what could be one of the best decisions of your life! Welcome to our little group Dan! :angry:

Welcome, Dan. You will like it here, but I hope you like outspoken women as there are plenty of us here!!:thumbup:

I will have to agree with Deb. Sometimes our conversations get a bit...:cool:

What are you implying, Deb? I, for one, am a demure and mild-mannered sort who is always monitoring what comes out of my mouth (and fingertips) for social acceptability.

That makes one of us!!! :eek:

I'm leaving...on a jet plane! I don't know when I'll be back again...(forgive me for breaking out in song, I'm excited!!!) In about 5 hours I am headed out to Denver! I'm coming your way ladies!

I'll be in Denver at 5:45p this evening, then picking up Gina (AmythestJade) and then we are making our way to Red Robin at Arapahoe at 7p! Look forward to seeing everyone that can make it out tonight!!!

Only 30 hours until my 2nd fill!!! Crossing my fingers (and my toes) that this fill is the special one. Flights to Denver are starting to hit the wallet if you know what I mean! :thumbs_up:

I'm leaving...on a jet plane! I don't know when I'll be back again...(forgive me for breaking out in song, I'm excited!!!) In about 5 hours I am headed out to Denver! I'm coming your way ladies!

I'll be in Denver at 5:45p this evening, then picking up Gina (AmythestJade) and then we are making our way to Red Robin at Arapahoe at 7p! Look forward to seeing everyone that can make it out tonight!!!

Only 30 hours until my 2nd fill!!! Crossing my fingers (and my toes) that this fill is the special one. Flights to Denver are starting to hit the wallet if you know what I mean! :thumbs_up:

YAY JAIME!!! I hope this fill works out great for you. And have oodles of fun tonight!

So this is gonna' sound nutty, but I've lost 5 lbs since Monday. I know it's Water so I really hope it doesn't all come back again next week when I reintroduce a few carbs to my diet. But it sure is fun for now!

So this is gonna' sound nutty, but I've lost 5 lbs since Monday. I know it's Water so I really hope it doesn't all come back again next week when I reintroduce a few carbs to my diet. But it sure is fun for now!

I know exactly what you mean. That happens to me almost everytime, but usually a couple of pounds remains off!

I know exactly what you mean. That happens to me almost everytime, but usually a couple of pounds remains off!

Yeah, I'll be okay with a couple of pounds. It's really hard for me to lose 2 lbs in a week. 1.5 seems to be about my max.

I know what u mean abt. the Water thing.

I made it through yesterday with no carbs and lots of water, and was down 2.4 this morning. However, as we all know.....still it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. Atkins has always worked great for me.

I ordered the Crack the Fat Loss code yesterday from Amazon. I always enjoy reading alternative methods. You guys seem to be doing well with it.

Did they change the format here again? My little smilies are now on the side instead of at the bottom and not all are visible:bored:

Dan here again.. it has been just over 24 hours since I was release and am having a few questions hoping someone on this forum can help with.

It is hard for me to tell if the pain in my stomach is hungar pain (only eatting Jell-o and sorbet) or if it me about to puke. Is this normal??

Dan here again.. it has been just over 24 hours since I was release and am having a few questions hoping someone on this forum can help with.

It is hard for me to tell if the pain in my stomach is hungar pain (only eatting Jell-o and sorbet) or if it me about to puke. Is this normal??

Well, I had some big problems with nausea after, as well as some major gas pains. The gas pains are pretty common. I think the nausea was due to the pain meds. If you do start to feel really nauseated, you may want to call Dr. K. I ended up vomiting a few times and was scared to death that I had done something bad to my band. If it's gas pains, TAKE GAS-X. I went through a ton of Gas-X the first few weeks and it really helped.

This is a great place to come with your questions. These ladies totally helped me through everything. They were very informative.

I know what u mean abt. the Water thing.

I made it through yesterday with no carbs and lots of water, and was down 2.4 this morning. However, as we all know.....still it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. Atkins has always worked great for me.

I ordered the Crack the Fat Loss code yesterday from Amazon. I always enjoy reading alternative methods. You guys seem to be doing well with it.

Did they change the format here again? My little smilies are now on the side instead of at the bottom and not all are visible:bored:

That's awesome that you're down today. Atkins always worked well for me at first, and then I'd hit a never-ending plateau. I'm really hoping that this other method will prevent that.

Yeah, what's up with the smilies? I don't like them being on the side. :)

Gosh, what is wrong with me? I'm sitting here sorta starving (because my fill is in less than 3hrs and I really don't want to have more than a Protein Drink and a yogurt on my stomach). I'm watching the food NETWORK! I must be a glutton for punishment, haha.

Dinner last night was great! It was so wonderful to put a face to the name finally. I met magaines, KaleighsMommy, AmythestJade, and BikiniBeachy. And it was great to see bahotmomma and MissMom24 again!!! We had such a good time! AmythestJade (Gina) has the pictures on her camera, and said she'd post them as soon as she can.

Ladies, about the smilies - I agree, they're in a crappy place. But if you click on MORE, then it'll bring up a separate window with every smiley you can use, which includes many more than the standard ones you normally see. Until they fix this (and they better fix it!) we'll have to use that I guess. :confused:

Hello all,

I've been reading these posts for weeks now and have scheduled my surgery with Dr.K for March 3rd. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. I have a couple of questions for you veterans. Do most of you think the first fill at 4 weeks is too soon? Most Drs. seem to wait longer and since I'm flying from NC I don't want to waste a trip if it's done too soon. It also seems like getting the fills right is the biggest problem with the lap band. Have any suggestions? We are celebrateing our 30th anniversary on May 6th and a planning a big trip, do you think I will be up for it or should be postpone it? I'm so thrilled to have found this forum and all your great advise, can't wait to hear back from some of you old pros!

Cheryl Kirchner

Morehead City NC

Hello all,

I've been reading these posts for weeks now and have scheduled my surgery with Dr.K for March 3rd. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. I have a couple of questions for you veterans. Do most of you think the first fill at 4 weeks is too soon? Most Drs. seem to wait longer and since I'm flying from NC I don't want to waste a trip if it's done too soon. It also seems like getting the fills right is the biggest problem with the lap band. Have any suggestions? We are celebrateing our 30th anniversary on May 6th and a planning a big trip, do you think I will be up for it or should be postpone it? I'm so thrilled to have found this forum and all your great advise, can't wait to hear back from some of you old pros!

Cheryl Kirchner

Morehead City NC

Congratulations with your surgery date:thumbup:

As for your questions, I don't think that the four weeks is too soon, actually I would have gotten a fill sooner if it was possible. By May 6th you'll be doing great, it doesn't take long to get back to normal, everyday was better than the previous day. Also, congratulations on your 30th anniversay. You don't see that very often any more.

I want to say that I had a great time last night at RR. I am so glad that I have gotten to meet, and put faces with names, to some of you ladies. Hopefully, we can do it again soon.