Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well, I have no willpower. I started the 5 day pouch test, and gave up by that night. My excuse was that I was hurting from a fall on the ice earlier in the day. But My body seems to be kicking back in and I've lost 2 of the 4lbs that I had gained.

I changed my shake too. The ones I have been clinging to because I like them are the Kirkland brand of weight loss shakes. However they have 44g of carbs. Yeah, I know, that's a lot. So I tried the Walmart brand that compares to slimfast optima, so now I am only drinking 24g of carbs in every shake now. I am looking into the slimfast low carb, but they are a little expensive for my budget right now. I figure that every little bit helps so maybe this change will do something too.

Well, I am back at work this week so I am exercising more as well. Hopefully this was just a holiday mistake that I will not repeat. I hope you all are having a good day!

Well, I have no willpower. I started the 5 day pouch test, and gave up by that night. My excuse was that I was hurting from a fall on the ice earlier in the day. But My body seems to be kicking back in and I've lost 2 of the 4lbs that I had gained.

I changed my shake too. The ones I have been clinging to because I like them are the Kirkland brand of weight loss shakes. However they have 44g of carbs. Yeah, I know, that's a lot. So I tried the Walmart brand that compares to slimfast optima, so now I am only drinking 24g of carbs in every shake now. I am looking into the slimfast low carb, but they are a little expensive for my budget right now. I figure that every little bit helps so maybe this change will do something too.

Well, I am back at work this week so I am exercising more as well. Hopefully this was just a holiday mistake that I will not repeat. I hope you all are having a good day!

I prefer the Low Carb Slim Fast shakes myself. The carbs are low and the Protein is 15grams. They are especially good if they are extremely cold. I put one in the freezer before I get to the shower in the morning and then it's pretty cold by the time I drink it with my meds in the morning. They had them on sale at Walgreens in our town. You might check and see if they are on sale at your place too. I also have gotten them at Sam's club - pretty cheap. The Atkin's shake is good too and they sell those at Sam's also.

I prefer the Low Carb Slim Fast shakes myself. The carbs are low and the Protein is 15grams. They are especially good if they are extremely cold. I put one in the freezer before I get to the shower in the morning and then it's pretty cold by the time I drink it with my meds in the morning. They had them on sale at Walgreens in our town. You might check and see if they are on sale at your place too. I also have gotten them at Sam's club - pretty cheap. The Atkin's shake is good too and they sell those at Sam's also.

They are the ones I drink too (the Slim Fast Low Carb). Anything else messes with my blood sugar WAY too much.

So I'm on day 3 of the "Crack the Fat Loss Code" WOE. I've already peed away 3.6 lbs. I know it's just Water but I was retaining a ton of water over the holidays so that's okay with me!! I had a killer headache all day yesterday but feel just peachy today. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

They are the ones I drink too (the Slim Fast Low Carb). Anything else messes with my blood sugar WAY too much.

So I'm on day 3 of the "Crack the Fat Loss Code" WOE. I've already peed away 3.6 lbs. I know it's just Water but I was retaining a ton of water over the holidays so that's okay with me!! I had a killer headache all day yesterday but feel just peachy today. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

That's great!!! I always get a headache the first day I start back on the Low Carb. Then I do okay after that! As much as I hate it, I have to admit, it does get the scale to move!

That's great!!! I always get a headache the first day I start back on the Low Carb. Then I do okay after that! As much as I hate it, I have to admit, it does get the scale to move!

Yep, it does and I know it does . . . and yet I resist. Why? I do not know.

Lotza: I have been drinking the Premier Protein shakes from costco. They are 1 gr. of carb and 60 g of Protein. They are in choc. only, but are good, especially cold. They are thicker than the others, but I put a few ice cubes in and blend quickly and end up with more volume that is less thick.

Miss Dee: Lovin' the new pic. You look beautiful.

I am going to check out the "Crack..." site. I started Atkins today as I haven't budged in 5 weeks. In re to fills and feeling full: I am sure I need a fill, but since I cannot afford the plane ticket, plus am scared to drive in snow in Denver in February, I just won't eat anything without at least 4 hours going by. I eat about 1-2 cups total of whatever, steak and veg., sausage and cheese, egg salad....

I just need to MOVE and I hate exercise. But I thought Atkins might jumpstart me again as it almost ALWAYS works for me.

Lotza: I have been drinking the Premier Protein shakes from costco. They are 1 gr. of carb and 60 g of Protein. They are in choc. only, but are good, especially cold. They are thicker than the others, but I put a few ice cubes in and blend quickly and end up with more volume that is less thick.

I am going to check out the "Crack..." site. I started Atkins today as I haven't budged in 5 weeks. In re to fills and feeling full: I am sure I need a fill, but since I cannot afford the plane ticket, plus am scared to drive in snow in Denver in February, I just won't eat anything without at least 4 hours going by. I eat about 1-2 cups total of whatever, steak and veg., sausage and cheese, egg salad....

I just need to MOVE and I hate exercise. But I thought Atkins might jumpstart me again as it almost ALWAYS works for me.

OOO, I should look for those at Costco. I didn't realize there was one with 60 g of protein.

I think any sort of low-carbing is a pretty good way to jump start yourself and get over a plateau. It's so frustrating though, yes?

Thanks Deb!

I have to admit everytime I need a fill and am not able to get one for whatever reason, I return to the Pre-op diet of Protein and veggies and I keep myself in line.

OKAY, I am such a shumdit!! The Premier Protein shakes have 30 g. of Protein. In my head, I knew that I have 60 g. a day, and I usually drink 2 of these. Sheesh....guys, sorry. I would have you out there lookin' for a nonexistent product!:):)

No problem. 30 grams is still a lot! And I love the word "shumdit". I'm going to have to call myself that in class.

Hey, don't know what made me just think of this, but I can't wait till inauguration day! Fortunately I don't have any classes that day so I plan to party hearty!!

I was banded by Dr. K today about 8 hours ago. All went well and everyone at Dr. K's office and the hospital were outstanding.

I am in little to no pain (more than likely to the pain meds!) I am able to get out and walk around.

Looking forward to getting with the program and using the tool I now have.

I was banded by Dr. K today about 8 hours ago. All went well and everyone at Dr. K's office and the hospital were outstanding.

I am in little to no pain (more than likely to the pain meds!) I am able to get out and walk around.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench! It's a great tool! I am thrilled with mine. I was banded on 1/29/08 and I've lost 129 from my highest.

Congrtas!!! Welcome to bandsterland

Welcome, Dan. You will like it here, but I hope you like outspoken women as there are plenty of us here!!:thumbup: