Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Everyone have a great week!

Thanks Patty!

I loved your badges! Mine are very much the same! You can watch my weight go up and down through the years and finally back up and then I got the band. I've been a nurse since I was 25 years old and my weight has fluctuated drastically over those 20 years!

I hope you have a GREAT WEEK too!

I really hope that I don't feel this way everytime it is time for another fill.

I really need your opinon...again. I had my first fill Dec. 5th. It took about

10-14 days for that fill to kick in ( I am

questioning wether or not I need a fill. I am scheduled for a fill on Friday.

I eat and don't get hungry for 4-6 hrs depending on what I eat.

I can eat more than 1/2 - 1 cup, but I try hard not too.

I have come to realize that even thin frozen Pizza Crust is not band friendly,

but if I stay away from bread I usually don't have a problem with anything

getting stuck.

I was on a two week plateau that I think I have recently begun to break out of.

(Otherwise I wouldn't question it and I would just go! If I don't lose anymore

weight by Friday I definately should go.)

Even when I am hungry it isn't an overwelming hunger.

I worry about getting too tight and having to drive 8 hrs back to Denver.

I can eat any time of the day. The band is never too tight for that. Not in the

morning or at night.

I know the chance that I am where I need to be with only 1 fill is slim-to-none.

I am still a new bandster...what do you think?

Magaines...I need to call, I can't find my card...I will let you know!

Julie.ann, I think I would hold off, for me, I ALWAYS had definate signs that a fill was in order.

Dee, what a beautiful new picture in your avatar!!! So great to see your smiling face!!! :thumbup: I'm not sure if I gave you a goal for the :heart:Day challenge. Put me down for -10. My second fill is on the 9th (same as Julie Ann!) and I'm really looking forward to it. I think my first fill worked well for about a week, and outside of that one week, I had this uncontrollable urge to eat everything. But like some of you said, having lost 1lb between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a blessing, because normally it would have been tenfold in the other direction!!

Julie Ann, about your fill. How much did Dr. K give you at your first fill? I got 3.2cc and only felt it for about a week out of the last four weeks. You're certainly lucky to feel the kind of restriction that you do! I've been able to eat thin crust pepperoni like it's nobody's business! :cool2: I would suggest calling Dr. K and explaining to him how you're feeling right now, and ask his opinion. Driving 8hrs is certainly a lot to go through if you don't really need the fill. But then again, what happens if your restriction goes away next week, and you can't get another fill appointment for a month? She said they were booked out through the month of December when we were there on Dec 5th, so it's possible they're already full for January. I think the best thing to do would be call Dr. K and get his professional opinion. I certainly hope to see you on Friday!! :mellow:

Ladies, last night I had a moment of clarity. I have been couponing lately (DH is proud I'm trying to save money!!), and as a result came across coupons for $3 off 1 pint of Ben & Jerry's. I printed 2 of them, shame shame shame. Moment of weakness. Well, at my local grocer last night, I noticed that Ben & Jerry's was on sale for $3. With a $3 coupon, it became free!!! So, I opened the door and grabbed 2 pints of the One Cheesecake Brownie without even thinking. I got about 3 steps away from the freezer and stopped. I went back, put down the Cheesecake Brownie flavor, and I picked up the Cherry Garcie frozen yogurt ~ nearly half the calories. I went to the register and I was so proud of myself!!! Now, if only I hadn't printed those coupons, I never would have bought anything. :wink_smile: :tt2:

OK ladies, the time is upon us. We'll be gathering for our January RR night this Thursday at 7pm at the RR on Arapahoe (is that right??). I think this is the address:

8585 E. Arapahoe Road

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

I know that Dee can't make it due to her work schedule. Who will be there?

I will be there, along with AmythestJade (Gina).

Let me know who all is coming so I know how many gorgeous women to look out for!!! I don't want anyone left out.

So, I have been having a hard time lately. My TOM totally threw me off, and now I am up 4 lbs since Christmas! I'm not changing my ticker. I feel like a failure. I am starting the Pouch test today if only to get me back on the right foods. I have been under a lot of stress for the last 2 weeks so maybe that is part of it. But I have been keeping up with my Protein, and trying to avoid bad foods, but with no luck. It probably doesn't help that most of my exercise s at work and I have been off for the holidays. I can't afford another fill until Feb so I really need to do this.

I really hope that I don't feel this way everytime it is time for another fill.

I really need your opinon...again. I had my first fill Dec. 5th. It took about

10-14 days for that fill to kick in ( I am

questioning wether or not I need a fill. I am scheduled for a fill on Friday.

I eat and don't get hungry for 4-6 hrs depending on what I eat.

I can eat more than 1/2 - 1 cup, but I try hard not too.

I have come to realize that even thin frozen Pizza Crust is not band friendly,

but if I stay away from bread I usually don't have a problem with anything

getting stuck.

I was on a two week plateau that I think I have recently begun to break out of.

(Otherwise I wouldn't question it and I would just go! If I don't lose anymore

weight by Friday I definately should go.)

Even when I am hungry it isn't an overwelming hunger.

I worry about getting too tight and having to drive 8 hrs back to Denver.

I can eat any time of the day. The band is never too tight for that. Not in the

morning or at night.

I know the chance that I am where I need to be with only 1 fill is slim-to-none.

I am still a new bandster...what do you think?

Hey Julieann,

I would say that you don't need a fill. IF you are satiated for 4-6 hours - then you are in the green zone. Losing weight isn't always the litamus test, it's rather how much you're eating and how long you're satiated. IF you only eat your 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup and are able to be satiated for 4 hours or greater then you're not ready for a fill.

Everyone of us is different. Some of us have found good restriction early on with minimum fill! I was one of those people and it seems Deb might be too.

We have to remember that "head hunger" is not the same as "tummy hunger" and we have to learn the difference. So if we are able to eat more than our 1 1/2 cup of food, perhaps it's not because we are truly hungry, but because we desire it. Before a fill, I do something that helps me. I diligently measure my food and eat. I take one day and eat solid Protein for each meal, I write down what time I complete my meal and how much I ate, I don't drink for 1 hour post meal and then when I start feeling hungry, I note the time. IF it's less than 4 hours, then I am pretty sure I need a fill. IF it's longer than 4 hours, I don't get one.

I have to confess, this isn't easy. But being too tight isn't easy either! If you talk to Natalie or Dr. K about your fill, I bet they would be more than happy to accomodate you, should your restriction leave before your next appt.

Dee, what a beautiful new picture in your avatar!!! So great to see your smiling face!!! :thumbup: I'm not sure if I gave you a goal for the :heart:Day challenge. Put me down for -10. My second fill is on the 9th (same as Julie Ann!) and I'm really looking forward to it. I think my first fill worked well for about a week, and outside of that one week, I had this uncontrollable urge to eat everything. But like some of you said, having lost 1lb between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a blessing, because normally it would have been tenfold in the other direction!!

Julie Ann, about your fill. How much did Dr. K give you at your first fill? I got 3.2cc and only felt it for about a week out of the last four weeks. You're certainly lucky to feel the kind of restriction that you do! I've been able to eat thin crust pepperoni like it's nobody's business! :cool2: I would suggest calling Dr. K and explaining to him how you're feeling right now, and ask his opinion. Driving 8hrs is certainly a lot to go through if you don't really need the fill. But then again, what happens if your restriction goes away next week, and you can't get another fill appointment for a month? She said they were booked out through the month of December when we were there on Dec 5th, so it's possible they're already full for January. I think the best thing to do would be call Dr. K and get his professional opinion. I certainly hope to see you on Friday!! :mellow:

Ladies, last night I had a moment of clarity. I have been couponing lately (DH is proud I'm trying to save money!!), and as a result came across coupons for $3 off 1 pint of Ben & Jerry's. I printed 2 of them, shame shame shame. Moment of weakness. Well, at my local grocer last night, I noticed that Ben & Jerry's was on sale for $3. With a $3 coupon, it became free!!! So, I opened the door and grabbed 2 pints of the One Cheesecake Brownie without even thinking. I got about 3 steps away from the freezer and stopped. I went back, put down the Cheesecake Brownie flavor, and I picked up the Cherry Garcie frozen yogurt ~ nearly half the calories. I went to the register and I was so proud of myself!!! Now, if only I hadn't printed those coupons, I never would have bought anything. :wink_smile: :tt2:

Thanks Jaime!

I thought the picture turned out pretty cute! It's truly been years and years since I liked a picture of myself!

I'm proud of you for switching the yogurt for the ice cream! Good for you! Baby steps is how it happens! This is only a tool, it's not going to do the work for us, we have to work it!

I wish I could see you all at RR. The address is right! Good job and it will be great if many can show up. Don't forget to get a picture for us here!

Your picture is super cute Dee!

Thanks Brandy!

I am so sorry Lotza...

I don't have much in the way of encouragement. I am in way worse place than you. I had unfill (to 3cc) right before Christmas and I am up 13, yep 13, pounds.

I don't get it. At all. I am working out and doing decent. I think that my body may have been used to alot less calories and now that I am not restricted, it is just going up and up. I have NEVER had a gain like this over the holidays. Ever. I am a little anxious to see what Tom/Dr. K says...Stinks bad.

But, we will get through this. We will, just have to get our heads on straight...Let me know how the pouch test goes!

Brandy

I am so sorry Lotza...

I don't have much in the way of encouragement. I am in way worse place than you. I had unfill (to 3cc) right before Christmas and I am up 13, yep 13, pounds.

I don't get it. At all. I am working out and doing decent. I think that my body may have been used to alot less calories and now that I am not restricted, it is just going up and up. I have NEVER had a gain like this over the holidays. Ever. I am a little anxious to see what Tom/Dr. K says...Stinks bad.

But, we will get through this. We will, just have to get our heads on straight...Let me know how the pouch test goes!

Brandy

I think you're right about our bodies! I think my body is used to very low calories and that is starting to scare me! The only way I can think about getting through that and back to being able to eat more is to work out like a dog! I can't think of any other way of getting my body to need more calories. I have to admit I have had to really increase my working out, frequency and duration. Without working out, anytime I go over 1000 calories, I gain. The carb cycling has been working, I am just sick to death of eating low carb. I can't wait for the 9th, then I can eat fruit again!

Your welcome. I will miss you on Thursday! Take good care of those sweet babies!

I'm going to miss you on Thursday too! I haven't missed a RR night in over a year! I am a Sad Girl!