Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

To me, it is vomiting. Sure, it is "easier" than vomiting used to be. But it does take me wanting it to happen, it is not involuntary. When i get that stuck feeling, I just have to talk myself into it, and up it comes.

Love these gross discussions!!!

I used to think this also, however, about a month ago, I had the tummy flu and I vomited for reals. It was different. When I slime or PB, I burp and the saliva and food item that is stuck comes up and it's over. Is that how other's PB?

Yeah! This is a gross discussion!

My :heart:Day goal is 10lbs. My 2nd fill is Friday Jan 9th so hopefully that'll give me restriction for more than a few days, haha.

Thanks for doing this Dee!

You're welcome Sweety! I wish I could see you when you're here! I am so bummed that I have to work the night of the 8th! I hope your fill is good too!!!

I think a 'productive' burp means something other than just air is coming up, hence the 'productive'.

By the nature of vomiting, it's related to illness, nausea and an emptying of the stomach.

The difference between both is most definately the mucas or 'slime' that we talk about.

Familial Fat.

Remember this folks.

I'm watching Discovery Health and a woman is having a full body lift.

The familial fat does not allow the skin to attach to the muscle. After large amounts of weight loss and if there are large amounts of loose skin the lift surgeries remove the skin so the body can return to a normal structure.

Dr. Lockwood is the doctor who invented the full body lift.

Superficial facia is the element that holds the skin to the muscle/tissue.

Mini, put me down for +0.6 for this week. :tongue2:

I don't even know why I started this daggone challenge. By my calculations, I lost 1lb in 6 weeks.

I'm gonna go eat ice cream and cry.

You are allowed the occasional 'grrrrrrr':cursing:

You could go eat ice cream and cry and then tomorrow hit it again. The whole beat it down mindset is to simply go, go, go until it's second nature to simply wake up, repeat day after day what we do to stay in weight loss mode.

You lost a pound and six weeks or not it's gone. The same thing has happened to me and in my circumstance it went on like that for months. It was depressing and I did much assessment of what I was doing. In once instance it was the amount of fat % I was intaking and recently it has been my inability to be active, work out. Roseann Roseanna Danna said, "it just goes to show you it's always somethin'"!

that's so true.

Resolve to, no matter what, not quit.

I'll sign up for 10. So everyone still needs to give me their final weigh in totals for today when they get a chance. I gained another .40. Bleh.

Mini,

My final weigh is is -3. Finally starting to see some loss but I have been exercising so I'm sure that helps a bit. Thanks.

Deb

I want to take part in the V-Day challenge please!! I would like to lose 15, in reality I want to lose 20 by the end of Feb. I'm trying to lose 30 lbs by March 30th my bday and actually be in onederland for once in my life.. I get a fill monday..I'm super excited, I head to denver tomorrow!! I am not packed yet nor ready for the coldness.. yuck!

FLASHBACK! First Gathering of Dr. K bandsters.

June018-1.jpg

Hi Dee!

I am so ticked!!! After having the flu (horrible bad) and being unfilled...I am up 11 pounds, yep 11!!! I don't know how much is Fluid and me getting re-hydrated, but it SUCKS!!

So for the v-day challenge, put me for 15. That will take me to goal. I get a fill on the 8th, and am going to be working my bootie off!!! I am totally re-commiting to the workouts...

So there, I said it. I am totally embarassed. Totally disgusted. Plus, I am anxiously awaiting my fill...

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a 'productive' burp means something other than just air is coming up, hence the 'productive'.

By the nature of vomiting, it's related to illness, nausea and an emptying of the stomach.

The difference between both is most definately the mucas or 'slime' that we talk about.

I agree with you on this one Patty. A vomit episode is more from the gut, a PB is higher and the purpose is just to productively burp out the item of food that is stuck! For me it's been apple peeling, dry chicken breast, broccolli. ARGH! the slime formation helps it be expelled without causing a full on vomit episode. I was really curious if this is what everyone else experiences.

Hi Dee!

I am so ticked!!! After having the flu (horrible bad) and being unfilled...I am up 11 pounds, yep 11!!! I don't know how much is Fluid and me getting re-hydrated, but it SUCKS!!

So for the v-day challenge, put me for 15. That will take me to goal. I get a fill on the 8th, and am going to be working my bootie off!!! I am totally re-commiting to the workouts...

So there, I said it. I am totally embarassed. Totally disgusted. Plus, I am anxiously awaiting my fill...

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That does suck! I am sorry to hear it! Well don't be embarassed! It's not your fault! I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't have restriction! I would have easily gained a lot!!! Start fresh with your new fill on the 8th! AND you're back on the wagon!

FLASHBACK! First Gathering of Dr. K bandsters.

June018-1.jpg

I love that picture! Such pretty girls! All of you are so pretty! I will always remember how sweet and welcoming everyone was when I met Anita, Mal and Michelle for the first time in 2007! It seems like a long time has passed, but not really! We have all changed a lot and our lives have all taken many turns! It's a journey that I'm glad I haven't had to take alone!

I want to take part in the V-Day challenge please!! I would like to lose 15, in reality I want to lose 20 by the end of Feb. I'm trying to lose 30 lbs by March 30th my bday and actually be in onederland for once in my life.. I get a fill monday..I'm super excited, I head to denver tomorrow!! I am not packed yet nor ready for the coldness.. yuck!

It's cold here today and will be tomorrow, but it's supposed to warm up pretty soon! Yesterday and the day before was absolutely gorgeous! In the 60's! I got you down for 15! You can do it! I'm still working toward Twoderville!

Familial Fat.

Remember this folks.

I'm watching Discovery Health and a woman is having a full body lift.

The familial fat does not allow the skin to attach to the muscle. After large amounts of weight loss and if there are large amounts of loose skin the lift surgeries remove the skin so the body can return to a normal structure.

Dr. Lockwood is the doctor who invented the full body lift.

Superficial facia is the element that holds the skin to the muscle/tissue.

Patty! I saw that same program! I love watching those shows! I can't wait to get my pannus removed! AND my batwings! I am figuring if I can continue in the right direction, I should be able to have my surgery by the end of March! I'm scared to go into the OR again, but excited at the thought of not carrying this huge glob of flesh around anymore! My arms are getting so bad!

Patty! I saw that same program! I love watching those shows! I can't wait to get my pannus removed! AND my batwings! I am figuring if I can continue in the right direction, I should be able to have my surgery by the end of March! I'm scared to go into the OR again, but excited at the thought of not carrying this huge glob of flesh around anymore! My arms are getting so bad!

I love watching those shows as well. They are so educating. It also gives us sight into what we have to look forward to.

You know after this journey of finding out what is wrong with me, why the slow weight loss, why the pain in my body...and I had no doubt it had nothing to do with my Lap-Band. I come away from this reinforced with the confidence in Dr. Kirshenbaum. The Cleveland Clinic has a large bariatric center. They do gastric surgeries there and have a full blown bariatric center that I just happened to visit as part of the diagnostics process to my pain, I do have occasional pain in my stomach, groin, but I have pain everywhere. The neurologist just wanted me to see the bariatric center to rule out any abdominal problems. I met with the doctor who is well known in southeast Florida/Miami. I found them all very professional but did not have the ((vibe)) that I got with Dr. K. Dr. Kirshenbaum, to me, comes across as a physican who loves to heal.

So this is a new year and the timing couldn't be better because the 30th I saw the pain doctor who switched my medications to a higher dose. The difference is already noticeable. So again I'm reinforcing the belief that it's all for a purpose, timing.

If things seem not to go according to our own timeline, maybe it's because there is another event that is suppose to take place. Is there a lesson to be learned? If so search for it.

To all my fellow bandsters, I wish us great achievement in 2009. I believe so many of us are going to have successes in ways we never dreamed possible.

And now...reflections from my journey. My work IDs. You can see me getting larger and larger. First ID is 1997.

IMG_6809.jpg

I had lost weight when this photo was taken over the summer.

IMG_6814.jpg

I was beginning to really put on the weight here

IMG_6816.jpg

I had lost weight when I this photo was taken. Couldn't find my ID so I had to go out to have a new photo taken. I was waiting there to meet with the school insurance committee to discuss having a rider added to my insurance so my surgery would be covered. (this didn't happen and eventually I went to Colorado and had my surgery with Dr. K)

IMG_6819.jpg

fatjourneydown.jpg

I go for a fill on the 8th also, maybe we will bump into each other. Do you go in the AM or PM? I think I go at 2, will need to check when I get to work tomorrow.

Everyone have a great week!