Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

For the challenge:

I am up a pound (though I refuse to update my ticker... when you only lose one pound in over 2 months ya don't want to have to comletely admit you gained it back :tongue_smilie: )

Hello Banditos! Long time no post! Belated Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years to you all.

I am sorry I've been a stranger. I've scanned the posts, but I know I'll never catch up, so I'm jumping in here. I hope no one minds.:)

I have been a bad, bad bandster. I have gained about 5 pounds, but I am so thankful for my band otherwise it would be 25, no doubt. I am dusting myself off and jumping back on the band wagon.

I am loving all the wonderful news you've shared here. Patty! You. Look. Mahvalous!!! Rockin' those 18/20s!!

I am back to one day at a time. Back to the basics. Back to practicing those rules and remembering why I got banded in the first place -- to get healthy.

Update on what's been going on here: We lost Barkley at the end of November. I miss him every second of every day. His seizures became uncontrollable and constant with medication and he couldn't tolerate surgery. He really suffered the last week of his life to the point where I felt like I was disrespecting him because I didn't let him go sooner. I'm still working on that.

My dad has been in the hospital and though home now, he is not improving. The walker and catheter continue and he hates the loss of his independence. I hate it for him too. Trying very hard to keep his focus positive. We had a good Christmas with him -- sang every Christmas carol we could think of.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you all know that I'm thinking of you (even when I fall off the band wagon) and sending you positive thoughts and big hugs.

Thank you all for your so very kind words! You guys are the best of the best.:lol:

As all of you know, there is always another dog (or twenty)who needs a home and people have been trying to give us another dog right off the bat. I have a co-worker who has been trying to give me her lab for more than a year and I've always refused because I didn't want Barkley to have to share his place in the pack during his last years. Anyway, when I got the full story on this boy and I knew I couldn't stand another day living without a dog, we went and got him. He's a 2-yr-old yellow who has spent his entire life in a small lot and had never even had his immunizations! It's one of those stories where the family got a cute puppy and then realized how much work he would be and put him outside until they could find someone to take him. He had never even worn a collar before and had Parvo as a pup. So, I've had a good project to work on -- he has a heart of gold, but is a wild goofy teenager -- not the dignified older gentleman that Barkley was. This has been very healing for me -- he's now house trained and doing well on the leash. We've got all the vet stuff behind us and he knows "sit". I wish you could have seen him run when we turned him out in the back yard for the first time -- he had never been able to stretch his legs or get the exercise that labs must have. And now I have a walking buddy -- so no more excuses! My youngest son has named him "Wilson".

Sorry to ramble on about my dogs, and thanks to my fellow dog lovers for indulging me. :eek:

I am going to bite the bullet and weigh tomorrow morning and update my ticker. Time to face the music, so to speak.

Thanks again for allowing me to be here after being negligent with my participation. Did I tell you that you are the best of the best already? Well, you are!!!

So sorry to hear about Barkley. :D It is soooo hard when you love the little buggers so much. Am happy to hear about Wilson:biggrin: He soulds wonderful and you should pat yourself on the back for rescuing him. How lucky is he!!:)

Well, i am so gd tired of gaining and losing the same six pounds all month. Sheezzz....i have lost count of where I was and where I was headed. Only thing I know for sure is that i didn't come close to challenge goal. Are we gonna start over in New Year....say a Valentine's Challenge??:tongue_smilie:

I have to check with parks dept. to see when the new pool opens and when the Water aerobics start.

Happy New Year to all of you. Hope you have a safe and fun holiday.

Yay for WILSON!!!

Guys, I have done horrible this past week...I don't know if I told you...but my band has tilted (possibly on its way to a slip?!?) I got the stomach flu and was throwing up blood, so I decided to get 4cc, yes 4cc out, to avoid a slip. So I am at 3cc...basically my first fill. So needless to say, I am wide open! And am eating like it as well.

TOMORROW IS GYM TIME!!! I will be there burning calories like crazy and getting back to where I need to be. I go in again on the 8th for a fill...

Hi all, I haven't been on for awhile, I'm having internet issues! Sorry I am weighing in late this week. I have no loss :) No gain either though. I hope everyone had Happy Holidays.

Deb

my hair is the worst ever!! i seriously have mass handfuls of hair every time i take a shower.. I get enough Protein and my Vitamins in, I recently got a bunch of blood work done and they all came out fine.. I dont know what it is!! =( ..

I also just got on my TOM and i feel like i am dieing, for a while when i was heavier I sometimes skipped periods or they were light, now its bad.. I dont know if this is mother nature, getting back at me or what.. it sucks.. I was at a plateau before i started my TOM where i didnt lose any weight last week..but i stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost almost 4 lbs.. ugh! it's toying with me!

I can't wait for denver and my fill, but i am also worried about the snow.. I'm not one with the snow.. Though we have tons of it here in sw washington/portland area..

Well i'm headed to the gym early today since my soccer was canceled due to the snow..

I am 3 1/2 months post op and I am also losing lots of hair! I also had all my labs done and all came back good except Vitamin D deficiency, I stopped taking my Vitamin D after surgery. When I went to get my hair cut, my hairdresser (who knows nothing about the surgery) noticed my hair falling out so much and said that a Vitamin D deficiency can cause it. I don't know if that is really true but I am back on the Vitamin D which also helps my aches and pains.

Deb

Ahhh, Wilson sounds WONDERFUL!!! And how lucky for him that he has a new mom. Sounds like you're making great progress with him already.

Did you every read Marley and Me?

I went to see Marley and Me today! It was wonderful. I cried and laughed, and laughed and cried. I can't say that I'll watch it again - it's just sort of heart-wrenching at the end. But overall, fabulous movie. A must-see for all animal lovers. :)

I went to see Marley and Me today! It was wonderful. I cried and laughed, and laughed and cried. I can't say that I'll watch it again - it's just sort of heart-wrenching at the end. But overall, fabulous movie. A must-see for all animal lovers. :)

Oh, I'm glad to hear that the movie is good. I LOVED the book, but you never know how the movie will be.

Is anyone else having problems with not getting email notifications of new postings, or is it just me? I had to log on to get to ALL the new postings.

I don't get email notifications anymore either :)

Oh, I'm glad to hear that the movie is good. I LOVED the book, but you never know how the movie will be.

The book is on my "To Read" list. Whenever I get the time....:)

Ahhh, Wilson sounds WONDERFUL!!! And how lucky for him that he has a new mom. Sounds like you're making great progress with him already.

Did you every read Marley and Me?

I went to see Marley and Me today! It was wonderful. I cried and laughed, and laughed and cried. I can't say that I'll watch it again - it's just sort of heart-wrenching at the end. But overall, fabulous movie. A must-see for all animal lovers. :Banane20:

We saw the movie yesterday afternoon and loved it. My whole family cried along with everyone in the theatre. Alot of sniffing and snorting going on! I'm reading the book now and loving it.

Deb, how is Tucker doing?

Brandy, how did you learn you've got a tilt?

Well, my visit with the scales revealed a 7 pound gain! Now 5 doesn't sound so bad after all. :)

Happy Monday everyone!

Ive had the biggest plateau since halloween and I finally broke through it this last week and have lost almost 8 lbs..Im finally in the range where I was in highschool.. Now I just need to get back to the gym! I can't wait for my next fill on the 5th.. though the other day I ate some chicken and it went down fine, but like 15 mins later when I was driving I started puking (which was not good, I was in the middle of a freeway bridge in heavy rain).. It was actually a hard puke, which scares me of causing a slip... Ugh.

Well, back to work I go, Hi-ho..hm

Yay for WILSON!!!

Guys, I have done horrible this past week...I don't know if I told you...but my band has tilted (possibly on its way to a slip?!?) I got the stomach flu and was throwing up blood, so I decided to get 4cc, yes 4cc out, to avoid a slip. So I am at 3cc...basically my first fill. So needless to say, I am wide open! And am eating like it as well.

TOMORROW IS GYM TIME!!! I will be there burning calories like crazy and getting back to where I need to be. I go in again on the 8th for a fill...

MissMom, How did you know you had a tilt? What were your symptoms?

Ive had the biggest plateau since halloween and I finally broke through it this last week and have lost almost 8 lbs..Im finally in the range where I was in highschool.. Now I just need to get back to the gym! I can't wait for my next fill on the 5th.. though the other day I ate some chicken and it went down fine, but like 15 mins later when I was driving I started puking (which was not good, I was in the middle of a freeway bridge in heavy rain).. It was actually a hard puke, which scares me of causing a slip... Ugh.

Well, back to work I go, Hi-ho..hm

Congrats on breaking your plateau! That's great!

Our next Red Robin gathering is the 8th of January at 7pm.

I am going to have to work that night at the hospital, so I won't be able to attend.

Sorry Guys! My schedule is kind of a mess because I came in after everyone else had already signed up. I had to just pick up a shift where ever I could get it!

When I had my band placed, Dr. K found tumors on my liver...I went and had them looked at and the Dr. wanted a CT scan done....well he called and said that the radiologist at Rose said that my band had slipped, but I was not having any symptoms. I had a copy of the disc made and had Dr. K take a peek at it. He said it is tilted, although not slipped. And since there are no symptoms, not to worry...but the way I was puking with the flu, I am SO happy that I was unfilled, I think it could have been ugly!