Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are february sleevers eating?

Ok guys and gals, I need major food ideas. I'm feeling lost. Tomorrow ill be 5 weeks out. I feel like I eat more fattening food now then I did before surgery. My main food is mashed potatoes, hello carbs. chicken, eggs, and refried Beans make me sick. I tried oatmeal, i didn't get sick but it just felt really uncomfortable. Any kind of potato is really easy for me to eat which is annoying because its loaded with carbs. My sleeve likes cheese and yogurt but my taste buds hate yogurt these days. Anybody wanna give me a whole day of planned meals that don't include the things that make me sick and that don't include sweet food. I really don't like any sweet food and it takes everything to drink Protein Shakes cos the sweetness is gagarific. I've been stalled at a19 pound loss...Not too thrilled about that but i think it will get better if I can find variety. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for the novel.

Breakfast...scrambled egg/cheese lunch...soup any kind u like...dinner- baked fish or tuna fish with veggies. I manly eat Soup I love them they taste good and have protein! Baked fish is so good to! Goodluck!!

I've been making things from this site:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

So far my my favorites is the Protein soufflés and the Protein pancakes.

I am just a few days after you and a week out on soft foods. I either have an egg or cream of wheat with Protein Powder or a homemade Protein Shake. For lunch I have had either leftovers or tuna with lite mayo, Soup blended or mushed, cottage cheese. I may have to have something if I have too much time between and have either a cheese stick or a wedge or maybe a Protein Drink. I have had roasted chicken (sorry you don't like it), fish and this time it was tilapia. I had ham today because of Easter but usually don't have that. There is not enough Protein without the shakes so hopefully you can find something you like. There is the unflavored protein powder that has been a big help because it can go in other things. Not much help but hopefully you can find what you need and like.

Breakfast...scrambled egg/cheese lunch...soup any kind u like...dinner- baked fish or tuna fish with veggies. I manly eat Soup I love them they taste good and have protein! Baked fish is so good to! Goodluck!!

What kind of soup do you eat??

What kind of Soup do you eat??

We're pretty much eating the same thing. I'm finding myself hungry every few hours or so. I eat the mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese, tuna, baked fish, chicken salad, but you are right a bunch of those foods are loaded with carbs. I'm tracking on MFP and averaging around 700 calories a day. Some days I can eat more. I have not tried any steak meat, ground beef, or any chunky meat. I really don't think I could handle digesting it. I'm just not sure of I'm eating to much, not enough or what! It's so hard trying to find "the right things" to eat. Sigh.....I'm worn out and over the top

We're pretty much eating the same thing. I'm finding myself hungry every few hours or so. I eat the mashed potatoes' date=' eggs, cheese, tuna, baked fish, chicken salad, but you are right a bunch of those foods are loaded with carbs. I'm tracking on MFP and averaging around 700 calories a day. Some days I can eat more. I have not tried any steak meat, ground beef, or any chunky meat. I really don't think I could handle digesting it. I'm just not sure of I'm eating to much, not enough or what! It's so hard trying to find "the right things" to eat. Sigh.....I'm worn out and over the top[/quote']

I know exactly how you feel. My Protein shakes alone are 440 cals so I know I eat more than 700 a day. I'm always hungry and I have not felt restriction not one time. I feel natious if I eat too much but I've never felt full or even satisfied. It's very frustrating for me.

I was eating scrambled eggs with cheese for Breakfast, 2 oz smoked turkey and 1 oz cheese rolled, dinner is sometime of baked seafood usually crab cakes or red snapper. I tried chicken twice which good stuck and a few other solids which did the same. I tried going out to dinner with my family and only ordered appetizers, which did not go down well either. After eating 400-500 calories and then 600-650, drinking my Water and being active, the scale did not move very much. I have since stopped eating or have gone back to liquids. Yesterday was Easter and while my family enjoying the typical items (ham, turkey, Mac n cheese, vegetables, and having dessert. I had yogurt and 1 crab cake. I have spent days just eating yogurts and Gelatin 20, or Protein Shakes to meet my Protein goals. However, there have been days where I took in only enough protein and water to sustain myself. It has definitely been a tough road.

I was eating scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast' date=' 2 oz smoked turkey and 1 oz cheese rolled, dinner is sometime of baked seafood usually crab cakes or red snapper. I tried chicken twice which good stuck and a few other solids which did the same. I tried going out to dinner with my family and only ordered appetizers, which did not go down well either. After eating 400-500 calories and then 600-650, drinking my Water and being active, the scale did not move very much. I have since stopped eating or have gone back to liquids. Yesterday was Easter and while my family enjoying the typical items (ham, turkey, Mac n cheese, vegetables, and having dessert. I had yogurt and 1 crab cake. I have spent days just eating yogurts and Gelatin 20, or Protein shakes to meet my Protein goals. However, there have been days where I took in only enough protein and Water to sustain myself. It has definitely been a tough road.[/quote']

Do you have a recipe for the crab cake? Is it pretty healthy?

I buy lump blue crab meat and use a little egg and pinko bread crumbs or flour to bind and will bake them or pan fry them. My wife has been working on a number I'd different recipes for me post op. My wife and I are eating healthier and my son is, but not the rest of the family all who are thin. Fortunately they all got the genes of my wife.

I know exactly how you feel. My Protein shakes alone are 440 cals so I know I eat more than 700 a day. I'm always hungry and I have not felt restriction not one time. I feel natious if I eat too much but I've never felt full or even satisfied. It's very frustrating for me.

I struggled to do Protein Shakes for weeks after surgery. I just could not do it. Everyone I tried tasted so nasty and thick. I know my taste buds changed after surgery. Each time I tried to drink them I felt nauseous and my mouth watered uncontrollably. Since then I've struggled to get the Protein in through food. This is such a challenge each day. It seems as if I will be stuck eating the same assortment of foods for the rest of my life, lol. I struggle with avoiding the slider foods that are loaded with calories. Crackers seem to be easier to consume than real food. eggs make me feel to heavy chested. Sigh.......and to top things off I'm into a stall. Second week and scale isn't moving.

I struggled to do Protein shakes for weeks after surgery. I just could not do it. Everyone I tried tasted so nasty and thick. I know my taste buds changed after surgery. Each time I tried to drink them I felt nauseous and my mouth watered uncontrollably. Since then I've struggled to get the Protein in through food. This is such a challenge each day. It seems as if I will be stuck eating the same assortment of foods for the rest of my life' date=' lol. I struggle with avoiding the slider foods that are loaded with calories. Crackers seem to be easier to consume than real food. eggs make me feel to heavy chested. Sigh.......and to top things off I'm into a stall. Second week and scale isn't moving.[/quote']

Ughhh I'm in a stall too. So annoying and crackers is like the only thing that doesn't make me natious, eating them as we speak lol. Protein Shakes and Water make me super natious. I feel at a loss of what to eat constantly and I'm always hungry. :/

Ughhh I'm in a stall too. So annoying and crackers is like the only thing that doesn't make me natious' date=' eating them as we speak lol. Protein shakes and Water make me super natious. I feel at a loss of what to eat constantly and I'm always hungry. :/[/quote']

I've been warned to back off of the crackers. I am trying and making some progress. I'm not a chef and finding the right "good" foods is so exhausting. And the scale not moving is pretty darn depressing. I think I will start walking,for exercise today. I'm just 5 weeks out so I pray things get easier. I definitely need a nutritionist to help me with good food choices and caloric intake.

I've been warned to back off of the crackers. I am trying and making some progress. I'm not a chef and finding the right "good" foods is so exhausting. And the scale not moving is pretty darn depressing. I think I will start walking' date='for exercise today. I'm just 5 weeks out so I pray things get easier. I definitely need a nutritionist to help me with good food choices and caloric intake.[/quote']

How much have you lost since surgery?

I was eating a scrambled egg with salsa and cheese for Breakfast. Now I'm eating cottage cheese and mandarin oranges.

I'm beginning to realize potatoes are going to be my problem food too. I was eating it in the beginning because I felt like it helped my Protein go down, now I want potatoes all the time!