Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Whey Liquid Protein 42g

They are a whey Protein. Are you saying they are not? And if so where are your facts? From what I have experienced they work just fine. Not drinking 3 a day of course but are far better than any other liquid ISO or even LPP's liquid protien.

I am copying this from another site because I don't have time to pull the data up individually but check the facts, it's not hard to find quickly how bad IDS Protein supplements are...

Not all Protein has the same value to your body. The amino acid profile is the reason for this. Proteins are made of amino acids. There are 20 different ones in the human body. Of the twenty, 9 of them must be consumed to meet your daily needs. These 9 amino acids are called Essential (EAA) or Indispensable.

The 9 EAAs are needed in certain proportions. A protein scoring system called Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Scoring (or PDCAAS) was developed to show which products contain all the EAA and in the correct proportions. It is supported by the FDA, the World Health Organization, and perhaps most importantly, the Institute of Medicine at the National Academy of Sciences. The highest possible score is 100. -- collagen Protein gets a 0 (the lowest possible score) -- Whey Protein Isolate gets 100 (the highest possible score)

Some Proteins such as COLLAGEN or HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN protein are missing one of the EAAs entirely. So the PDCAAS for collagen is zero. Collagen is often the main ingredient in protein supplements that come in a liquid form, and they usually have lower PDCAAS scores. Here are some collagen products that have lower PDCAAS scores:

New Whey and Profect1: These products appear to have a PDCAAS score of 5 or 6 out of 100. Lab analyses of several samples suggest that about 94% of their protein, by weight, is from collagen.

Proteinex2: The Proteinex OTC products appear to get protein only from hydrolyzed collagen, so their PDCAAS score is 0 or virtually 0.

Pro-Stat 64 / Pro-Stat 1013: These products appear to have a PDCAAS score of about 37 out of 100.

The BEST products to purchase are products made from whey protein ISOLATE (not concentrate) and soy protein ISOLATE.

Has anyone used these long term? My Nut suggested them for only the first 2-3 days post op. she said they were not a good nutritional value long term. I couldn't stomach them that first week. Now after over 2 months post op I can tolerate them if I pour it in a glass and chug it down quickly. even still they make me nauseous, but 42 grams of Protein is hard to beat. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of ordering the variety pack from Amazon.< /p>

There is a thread on here called "Not all Proteins are equal" http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/49499-always-check-the-ingredients-all-proteins-are-not-equal/page__hl__%2Bnot+%2Ball+%2Bproteins+%2Bare+%2Bequal, it gets into types of whey Protein, ones that are a good source of protein and ones that are not. Your NUT even said for the first few days ok, but not a good source of nutrition. Mine didnt' want me taking them at all, which was fine, I didn't like the taste at all.

I've attached the nutritional information for the shots .

Good luck!

post-35119-13813664421532_thumb.jpg

Has anyone used these long term? My Nut suggested them for only the first 2-3 days post op. she said they were not a good nutritional value long term. I couldn't stomach them that first week. Now after over 2 months post op I can tolerate them if I pour it in a glass and chug it down quickly. even still they make me nauseous, but 42 grams of Protein is hard to beat. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of ordering the variety pack from Amazon.< /p>

I was told to avoid those as they are made with collagen Protein which does not include all of the necessary amino acids. The label says 42g of protein but you only end up getting about 11g. A better "protein shot" appears to be a product called "Yes Whey".

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/group/77102/#gsc.tab=0

Colleen Proteins are the worst because they give no real support to cellular function and helping with muscle function. My nut said not to take them because the Protein is a poor source and nutritionally they give you no real benefit. I have the book, idiots guide to weight loss surgery and they say the same thing.

Collagen...sorry

thanks everyone for the info.

Colleen Proteins are the worst because they give no real support to cellular function and helping with muscle function.

Can't stand Colleen anyway!

I use them, only to supplement some Protein. I hbe used them for years. If I drank enough shakes and ate enough meat to reach my protien goals I would ingest 2000 calories a day. Don't slam it. Sip it over an hour and make sure they are cold. Nut's don't want us drinking them so we don't really on them solely. 1 a day isn't bad.

I get in my Protein every day. I have a Protein Drink every morning and every evening (nectar Fuzzy Peach with 8 oz Water and 1/2 packet of crystal light) 23 grams of protein in each drink. The rest of my protein I get from food. I am averaging between 500- 700 calories a day. I have also heard that the shots weren't good for you at all. I did the Protein Shakes with skim milk pre-op but can't stomach those now but I do like the nectar strawberry kiwi or fuzzy peach with crystal light and lots of ice. I get my protein and Water at the same time. I hope this helps.

Has anyone used these long term? My Nut suggested them for only the first 2-3 days post op. she said they were not a good nutritional value long term. I couldn't stomach them that first week. Now after over 2 months post op I can tolerate them if I pour it in a glass and chug it down quickly. even still they make me nauseous' date=' but 42 grams of Protein is hard to beat. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of ordering the variety pack from Amazon.[/quote']

My book from my surgeon says to avoid this Protein. Even tho it gives a great value of protein, it doesn't have the amino acids that your body needs to function correctly :/ kinda bummed me out.. Cuz I'm about tired of my nectar...

Great info here will read my labels more closely.

My NUT told me 2 do profect shots they're ok I ordered them online they just sweet & have 25 grams Protein I drink 1 thro out the whole day

I'm using a small blender that I got a Walmart for $15 and it's for smoothies ect. It's made by Hamilton beach I believe...anyways...I use one 11 oz Atkins shake and one scoop of jay robb egg Protein, mix and sip. It packs a wholloping 35-39 gr of protein and I drink 2 a day.

I'm using a small blender that I got a Walmart for 15 and it's for smoothies ect. It's made by Hamilton beach I believe...anyways...I use one 11 oz Atkins shake and one scoop of jay robb egg protein' date=' mix and sip. It packs a wholloping 35-39 gr of Protein and I drink 2 a day.[/quote']

I heard jay Robb shakes r good do u like them alot