Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vision Problems please help!

is anyone having any vision problems after surgery i miss this site soo much but cant even get on cause i cant read what my buddies/friends from this site have been commenting,,, I just want to make sure i am not the only one and in time this to will pass. I am only 3 days out... If you do comment make sure it is in big and bold letters maybe even better than mine cause they are starting to run together now :( Thanks ahead for any feedback on the matter! Have a great day my friends.

It happened to me also, and I was not taking anything for nausea. It was really upsetting! But, it did pass in a matter of weeks. I personally think it has something to do with anesthesia.

I struggled with the same thing the first few days. Thought I was going crazy...then I realized it was the pain medicine! Once I stopped it everything went back to normal. I remember trying to text a phone # to someone after 3 tries I gave up everything was running together. Keep your head up - it'll get better I'm sure!

It happened to me also, and I was not taking anything for nausea. It was really upsetting! But, it did pass in a matter of weeks. I personally think it has something to do with anesthesia.

Thanks so much for your help my wonderful husband come in to help me read your comment, Well on Monday if this does not get any better i might just call the doctor and see if he might think the same but it does make alot of since to though. Thank you again for your help :)

IT HAPPENS TO A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM THE ANTI NAUSEOUS MEDS. DO YOU HAVE A ANTI NAUSEA patch?

Yes they give me 3 Patches that last 73 hours,, I had the first one on the day before surgery and just yesterday i put the 2nd one on.

IT'S THE PATCHES!! I SEE IT ALL THE TIME HERE. IT WILL GO AWAY SOON AFTER YOU DISCONTINUE THEM .

I struggled with the same thing the first few days. Thought I was going crazy...then I realized it was the pain medicine! Once I stopped it everything went back to normal. I remember trying to text a phone # to someone after 3 tries I gave up everything was running together. Keep your head up - it'll get better I'm sure!

See thats what i told my husband to look at side effect of the pain meds but he said the one he gave me there was none on it about vision problems. I am ready for this to pass i so miss this site... It has been such a life saver for me thanks again! :)

That's exactly the reason I love this site! I have learned so much more here than anything I've been told or asked the bariatric nurse. I just hope when it's my turn, I don't forget all that I've read! Good luck to you! I have enough vision problems as it is since I have a blocked tear duct & my eyes tear all the time. Looks like I'm constantly crying...so everything is blurry all the time. My issue will involve surgery & I'm just not ready for that right now. Something about installing stints where the blocked canal is. EEK! :o I get nervous enough just applying eyeliner! :wacko:

PLEASE HAVE YOUR HUSBAND READ ABOUT THE SIDE AFFECTS OF THESE Patches BLURRED VISION IS SOMEWHAT NORMAL BUT YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE TO STOP AND GET HELP IF YOU EXPERIENCE PAIN IN YOUR EYES OR DILATED PUPILS....

That's exactly the reason I love this site! I have learned so much more here than anything I've been told or asked the bariatric nurse. I just hope when it's my turn, I don't forget all that I've read! Good luck to you! I have enough vision problems as it is since I have a blocked tear duct & my eyes tear all the time. Looks like I'm constantly crying...so everything is blurry all the time. My issue will involve surgery & I'm just not ready for that right now. Something about installing stints where the blocked canal is. EEK! :o I get nervous enough just applying eyeliner! :wacko:

Oh wow I hate to hear this for you I hope after your surgery it will get better, You will be in my thoughts best of luck to u :)

Oh wow I hate to hear this for you I hope after your surgery it will get better, You will be in my thoughts best of luck to u :)

You are very sweet TTL, thank you!

IT HAPPENS TO A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM THE ANTI NAUSEOUS MEDS. DO YOU HAVE A ANTI NAUSEA patch?

I sure do.. 2morrow i am calling the doctor to make sure i can take it off. I think this is the problem I had my husband look at side effects of this patch and i called the pharmacy and she said this is my problem so when the doc gives the okay i am taking it off for sure Thank you all for your help this means alot to me :)

PLEASE HAVE YOUR HUSBAND READ ABOUT THE SIDE AFFECTS OF THESE Patches BLURRED VISION IS SOMEWHAT NORMAL BUT YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE TO STOP AND GET HELP IF YOU EXPERIENCE PAIN IN YOUR EYES OR DILATED PUPILS....

Geez laura, you don't have to yell ;)

I hope your eyes get better ASAP! Happy easter

I sure do.. 2morrow i am calling the doctor to make sure i can take it off. I think this is the problem I had my husband look at side effects of this patch and i called the pharmacy and she said this is my problem so when the doc gives the okay i am taking it off for sure Thank you all for your help this means alot to me :)

Thanks so much! :)