Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again?

Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now about weight loss surgery, would you do it again if you had the chance to make your decision again?

• Yes, without a doubt! The surgery has been everything I’d hoped for.
    • Yes, probably. The journey hasn’t been easy, but I’m losing weight and feel that this was my best option.
    • Yes, but I would have chosen a different type of weight loss surgery.
    • No. I’ve had complications and my health has suffered and/or I haven’t been hitting my weight loss goals.
    • I haven’t had the surgery yet, but I’m looking at the results of this poll carefully to help me make my decision!
    • Other...read my response below!

Knowing what you know now about weight loss surgery, would you do it again if you had the chance to make your decision again? Choose your option in the above poll, and then explain it in the discussion below!

Yes, in a heartbeat.

Not sure if you mean if I had to go back to before surgery and making the decision again, or choosing to have a second surgery. If I could go back to before I had the surgery, I wouldn't change my decision. I think this was the best thing I have done (weight loss wise). If this doesn't work, which is doubtful, I wouldn't have another surgery because that would be the RNY and I don't like the re-arranging the order of things inside me.

yes, yes, yes!!

1,000 times over yes. I am living a life that I could only have dreamed of before, So YES!!!!!!

I think I probably would. I had an abcess post op, was very tired, and felt generally poor for about the first month. That made me realize you can always be the one who gets a serious complication. I've been gradually feeling better, and now at 3 and a half months, I move better and have more energy than I have in a long time. Now my weight loss is really slowing down, so I know it's going to be a long road to get to goal. All in all, I think it was worth it.

I know surgery was the best option for me as my eating was out of control and I was at a top weight to prove it. On the other hand, the skin issues as one goes past the 100 lb pound loss point are no joke. Watching the pounds drop while my skin sags right along with it has been an eye opener. The fact that I will probably never have the funds for reconstructive plastic surgery is a very depressing realization.

Now add the little medical mysteries I keep encountering: dizziness, light headedness, high cholesterol, moderate to high glucose readings, random muscle injuries (NONE of which I had prior to surgery) and I am now on the fence about WLS in general. I refuse to be one of those people where the only thing that matters is weight loss - I want the excellent health that should go along with it. I had it prior and I want it back.

Now should my doc find a way to alleviate all of this, then I will probably become the biggest cheerleader out there! Only time will tell. :)

I'd do my surgery again every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!! I'm not officially at goal yet, but I'm LOVING life these days!!! :)

Yes I would but I would probably choose RNY. The weightloss has been challenging. I still feel like I'm on the same emotional losing roller coaster that I was prior to surgery. I wasn't expecting a cakewalk but I'm still busting my hump 5 to 6 days in the gym. So yeah I find that some days I'm a bit frustrated. It really makes it hard to make good choices all the time

I'm very happy :D with the results so far. I wouldn't think twice to do it again. I feel so much better.

If I had to go back and make the decision again.

It would be a yes. For most of us, me included

This is our last hope at a relatively happy and healthy life.. It's not easy and not a quick fix. But it's an effective tool. A tool that needs to be entered into with a thoughtful mind and the proper information.. As not to have those regrets.

Laura

Excuse my language, but Hell No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask why? By looking at your profile I think it says you're less than a month out, is that correct?

Definitely very happy with my decision. I have had no problems what so ever:)

Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Only 4 weeks out but I had complications. I'd still do it again. I'm glad I don't have to though. That first three weeks was hard!!