Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again?

Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now about weight loss surgery, would you do it again if you had the chance to make your decision again?

• Yes, without a doubt! The surgery has been everything I’d hoped for.
    • Yes, probably. The journey hasn’t been easy, but I’m losing weight and feel that this was my best option.
    • Yes, but I would have chosen a different type of weight loss surgery.
    • No. I’ve had complications and my health has suffered and/or I haven’t been hitting my weight loss goals.
    • I haven’t had the surgery yet, but I’m looking at the results of this poll carefully to help me make my decision!
    • Other...read my response below!

Yes, I would do it again. However, it has not been everything I hoped for. At my age and body type it has taken a lot more work than I have read in any researched study or medical journal.

I will be successful it is just taking longer that predicted. I really hate that most people believe "WLS" is the "easy way out." Nothing about this has been easy for me. I am still moving forward.

Yes !! Just wish I had done it earlier.

Kate

I would definitely doing it again.

However, I wouldn't opt for gastric banding again. Back in the days there was only lapband or gastric bypass and nearly nobody would have performed a gastric bypass on a woman my age and weight back then in Germany. It also was hard enough to get approved for lapband insurance wise, let alone gastric bypass or the DS.

Most people got gastric banding or vertical gastroplasty then, some had a gastric bypass.

I know have MGB because I needed revision because of complications (reflux, migrating band). I don't know if the MGB was the right decision. Maybe a few years down the road I will say that maybe RNY would have been the right choice or the DS to whatever. I'm having problems with gastritis again. Maybe diagnostics will be necessary again. Ah, whatever...

Bottomline is though that I would have WLS again .

No no no

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

Right now I would have to say.... Absolutely not! 2 months out and I just don't like the mental struggles. There is such a great responsibility in making sure you get all your Protein and Water in to avoid serious health issues, all while fighting with your stomach to cooperate with that needed intake( nausea and puking) it's just to risky for me. Yes there are benefits.... free from gerd, no more border line diabetes, or high blood pressure. Right at 40 pounds down. If this was just about my ability to stick to the plan, I would feel totally different about that question. However, that's not the case for me at all.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Absolutely. There are so many positive changes in my life because of the surgery. No regrets at all.

Hell yeah. 3 years out and still 140 pounds down. It's hard work, no doubt, but counting what I eat and walking 3 to 4 times per week has kept it all off and I feel 63 going on 33. I feel better and am more fit than when I was much younger.

Never!! If I had the cooperation of a doctor this pain in the ass would be gone.

Without a doubt, best thing I have ever done for myself and my loved ones :)

On 29/03/2013 at 7:09 PM, luckysmomma said:

Excuse my language, but Hell No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call this the "little operation from Hell" ! Never got the results indicated and still became diabetic. The gastric gas is so BAD I may never find a partner to "put up" with me. I do take Probiotics which helps some.I eat so Iittle it is a wonder I dont look like a Biafrin ..(starving child in Africa) Thankfully I have not lost anymore because so far I have not had TT or breasts done! It would be a nightmare! The last visit to the doctor I told her that they are not making any more money off of my issues. I have supported them in the lifestyle that they are accustomed to living long enough! As far as I'm concerned they are all Quacks in the traditional medical profession and they don't study enough about what's new and upcoming so they just push the pills and expect you to get better... I am so done!!

Years done the road, I developed acid reflux, which damaged my esophagus, and I also suffer from sleep apnea. My heartburn is horrific. I also have a hiatl hernia, my surgeon wants me to have a revison to a gastric bypass. I am not sure if I would do it? Anyone here needing a revision?