Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow sleevers! I was wondering if you could give me some advice on a few things?

1st I was sleeved on the 18th of march. Just switched over to purée foods on Tuesday. I don't eat much ... Naturally. However, I can tell when I've had enough to eat. Sometimes it's one or two bites then maybe it's more and when that happens I feel sick for awhile and feel like throwing up. I can't find a happy medium. Any suggestions? (I eat on a small plate with a baby spoon but I still have the mentality I should clean my plate )

2nd I HATE HATE HATE Water. I drink Decaf tea with Splenda, Protein hot chocolate, and crystal light but I'm missing the fizz or bubbly aspect of my diet coke or diet dr pepper. Does anyone know how to trick myself and stop craving them? My husband came upstairs with a coke and Girl Scout Cookies and I thought I was going to kill him. (He is actually very supportive he was trying to sneak some time with me while the kids were playing. Lol

3rd it's ice cream stand season and previously we'd go on a nice night for a family treat. I want to still participate with the "family ice cream social" but I'm not sure. They have sugar free/fat free yogurt would a kids bowl be ok to have with them or would that mess up my stomach and weightloss?

Thanks everybody. And on a different note I found Crush grape and orange (the soda drink people) made a liquid to put in water. The whole family tried grape and it was really good. Taste like the soda drink without the fiz.

On the losing side,

Kc

I would say put less on your plate you can ALWAYS go back for more.

Ice cream you will be fine if you can tolerate dairy still. Many people can't after surgery too hard to digest. if that is the case you will be able to just go with out

Soda.. once you get further out some people still drink it no issues at all. I can't I feel like my tiny tummy is going to explode when I tried to drink a sip so that was enough for me to not want it anymore.

Just put the amount you are supposed to eat on your small plate. Make sure you weigh or measure always. That way you can clean your plate. You are getting sick because you are either eating too much or too fast. I am 4 months post op and I still can not eat frozen yogurt. I ate a tablespoon a couple ago and felt sick for hours. Just taste one of your family's, that is enough anyway at the stage you are. If you can even have that yet. Ask your NUT. The crush you are talking about, is it sugar free? You really can not add sugar even as far out as I am. The head hunger gets better as time goes on. I was a caroholic and now I do not crave them hardly at all.

Best of luck to you, follow your NUT plan.

When I go to the yogurt shop I get the simple cup. Hey don't usually care if others are paying for a normal serving. They also have fresh fruit if you think you need something more.. Depending on stge you're in

Early out, I got the smallest serving I could for ice cream or other treats. If dairy is an issue, try sorbet.

When I first started eating, I used a clock with a second hand and waited a full minutes between each bite. And sometimes I could only eat about 1/4 cup. Just stop when you are full even if it's not enough. You can always have a little more later.

lynda

You will find that you can't eat everything on your plate, think of it as a victory to throw it out when you are done. Place a soiled napkin in the plate to discourage yourself from even looking at the food. Full is full, when you get that feeling don't try to overdo it, STOP! Yes, it's only a couple of bites, but don't force it if it don't fit.

Now for the ice cream, stick to your plan....You were just sleeved a little over a week ago.....if it's going to be difficult not passing it up, chose another family outing for the time being, don't torture yourself if it is going to pull you back into those old habits.

As to the Water, although you hate it just keep trying to drink it, add some crystal lite, or some of the flavors. Water is important. Walk away from the things your body doesn't need. Good luck!