Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hard to imagine being thin

Does anyone else feel this way? It seems surreal to me to think I could actually keep losing weight (lost 22 lbs since surgery and now stalled). I called my surgeons office this morning and was told not to worry, that I will definitely continue losing. It's been a good 10 years (and many kids) ago that I was anywhere near average sized. So, anyway I just wondered if I was alone with my obsessive little thoughts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

no, you are not alone! :)

I know what you mean. I was thin for 5 minutes in the 80s. Barely remember it! Now I alternate between dreaming of reaching goal and staying there, and being incredulous that it could actually happen. And, when I'm at work and in a meeting that's boring, it's what I daydream about. I'd say you have company :)

LOL MichiganChic at the "5 minutes in the 80's" remark....LOL that was cute, BUT yea I totally understand how you feel too. It's even hard to wrap your head around it once you lose alot that you are actually almost 'there'. We tend to still see the 'fatter' version of ourselves for a long while I feel. It takes time, but we'll see in the mirror sooner or later what others see as we're getting smaller.

RareGold, I think you're right, I can't see myself thinner yet. I'm surprised that my clothes keep getting longer. BTW, Your stats look great, you'll be at goal in no time - that's got to feel great!

I have the same problem.. even tho im down 68lbs.. I still dont see it.. even tho everyone says Im getting so thin looking.. I look in the mirror and still see the same me.. I dont get it.

Thanx MichiganChic, it's slowly coming off and I feel so much better!! And as I just said in another topic, make sure to measure yourself once or twice a month, take bust, waist, hips, each thigh and arms measurements. And, then compare, you'll be surprised. This past month I lost 1-3 lbs, kept gaining 1 and then losing 2, gaining 2 losing 3, on and on all month, BUT I lost 6 inches total in that month. So, don't get discouraged either, although trust me, I KNOW it's hard not to. We ALL want to see the pounds coming off at least 8-10 lbs a month and it's just not going to happen with some of us. I keep telling myself I didn't gain it all in 6 months so I'm not going to lose it all in 6 months either, and I haven't LOL!

Karen

Here is the thing, it really sneaks up on you. I have reached my goal weight, actually exceeded it by 5 pounds. The last time in my life that I weighed so little was on my way up the scale. It really is different, strange, awesome, wonderful, to feel your ribs in your back, be able to actually reach around and scratch your back(actually did this today and thought; when was the last time I could do that!!). I guess with each day it will get easier to accept and realize how thin we have become. All I can say is enjoy the ride because it is spectacular!! :rolleyes:

Oh, and NancyDec, we SEE in the mirror what we've been seeing for years, so it is going to take us awhile to see the 'newer' version of ourselves. We will see it though eventually, I have faith :-)

I feel exactly the same way. Can't wait to make more progress. Down 38 lbs since surgery 2/21/13. Now I have hit a stall :(

Feel ya, been overweight my whole life. I'm ready to feel pretty but yet scared will always feel like that fat girl on the inside. I have lost 22lbs and see no difference.

Well, it does happen... and then your friends and family hardly recognize you which is a whole nother head trip! Keep the faith, you will get there!I

What was weird was the first 100# off people were like "you look great"

The last 50# moved into the whole "you look hot, are you sure that is YOU?" attitude

Def Not Alone! I last lost 33 since surgery 2/14 and have been stalled for about 2wks. My mind is telling me this is you and this wont work. I know it have worked for so many others but I feel like I'.m the one that it won't work for even if it works for everyone else.