Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone out there who got the surgery BEFORE ever having kids?

Now that time is passing so fast I'm getting nervous. I'm 24 and I haven't had children. Part of the reason I want this sleeve is because when I do get pregnant I want and hope for a healthy pregnancy.. is there anyone who has gotten pregnant after getting sleeved successfully. That didn't gain all their weight back afterwards?

I am also having surgery pre-baby. I am 36...would never even consider getting pregnant this obese...so if somehow close to 40 I have a child great...if not at least I can really enjoy my childfree life hopping on a plane without the stress, and sit on a beach somewhere! It will be interesting to watch the responses..thanks for asking this. I plan on trying about a year after I hit a good weight...I fell better about having a baby and being older than I do about being knocked-up and obese and high risk!!

Have y'all seen THIS sub-forum on here?

There is a forum for pregnancy on here, and always remeber the search option - a wealth of information to be had that way. Search can be informative because you can see responses from people who may not be on so much, but have answered your question already.

Have y'all seen THIS sub-forum on here?

And just noticed I basically repeated PdxMan.

:P

I think it's a great idea! You will have a healthy pregnancy! Just continue to eat healthy and you'll be fine! Of course you'll probably gain some weight but you can work hard to get it off after baby is born. My best friend is pregnant right now and she had the sleeve a year and a half ago. She's all baby and cute pregnant. A lot of people get the sleeve to help with fertility. Good luck!

My main reason for weight loss surgery was to get healthy enough to have a healthy pregnancy because I wasn't able to get to that point on my own. I'm 25. I'm hoping to try getting pregnant once I am closer to my goal. I'm only 4.5 months out from surgery so far, so I have a while before I'll get the okay from my surgeon.

Best wishes to you! Ill be 25 next tuesday. My bf and I haven't tried to get pregnant yet. We plan to get married in about a year or so. But being a mom is something I really want! And like you, a reason I want WLS is so that my chances for a healthy pregnancy are high! Fortunately I'm not irregular so I don't forsee having those kinds of problems..but only the man upstairs knows!

I have a 3 yr.. When I had her I was at my highest weight then, but since having her I gained more plus a lil saggy stomach..so we was gonna try for #2 .. When she is 5. My surgeon said to wait 2 yrs after surgery so may stomach can can heal and so can my body. Cause when your pregnant you might gain some weight but it should be mostly baby weight , just have to be careful make sure you eat enough but not to much and take the prenatal Vitamins before you start trying

I wanted to say that I'm also getting this surgery done so I can be healthy enough to have a baby.

I am 24 and no kids but I'm a nursing student and after going through childbearing nursing I decided it was best to wait till after I was at a healthy wt to have a child....granted I am still pre-op it is less stress on the body at a lower wt and the risk of gestational diabetes is decreased at a lower wt Pre-pregnancy

That's exactly why as a nurse..I decided to get this done before having a family. To prevent gestational diabetes and pre eclampsia. I don't regret my decision. Best of wishes to all!