Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Getting sleeved 03/26 and also having gallbladder removed same day

Hello from Southern Cali, I just joined this site and I am so glad I did!!!Thanks to everyone for posting such important information. I'm getting sleeved on 03/26, and I need my gallbladder removed due to gallstones (make me so miserable), so the surgeon suggested I have both procedures performed the same day to avoid going under anesthesia twice, I'm wondering if anyone out there has had the sleeve and gallbladder removed at same time. I'm a nervous wreck! Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

I'm having this done on 3/29. It's WAY better to get it all done at once in my opinion. The doc will already be in there. Don't worry. You'll be in my prayers!

PS- what is your pre-op diet like because I'm STARVING!

Hi JORD..

I got sleeved on Jan 10th this year.. and had my gall bladder removed at the same time (and also had hiatal hernia repaired..)... there were two big stones.. and the surgeon had said that they were too big to be dissolved using medicine.. and even if we did.. the chances of them re-occurring due to being sleeved will be higher..

surgery wise.. this was my first one.. so don't have anything to compare it too.. but diet and pain wise.. i do not see much difference.. the only thing i notice is that i get dizzy if i try to eat something high in fat.. but i think it is mostly due to dumping..

Hi BuriedBombshell, Thanks so much for replying :) I'm am starving as well!!! I'm am eating a Jello, actually chewing my jello (OMG) trying to fool my brain to thinking its a juicy piece of chicken. I am going delirious!!! Target had a sale this weekend. The jello pack of 4 was $1.99 so I stocked up and bought different kinds of flavors. I don't know if they will last because my kids already eyeballed them in the fridge :/ Good luck to you and you will be in my prayers.

Hi lostnfound, thank you for your feedback. I feel better now. I guess reality is kicking in and I'm getting freaked out.

Hi BuriedBombshell' date=' Thanks so much for replying :) I'm am starving as well!!! I'm am eating a Jello, actually chewing my Jello (OMG) trying to fool my brain to thinking its a juicy piece of chicken. I am going delirious!!! Target had a sale this weekend. The jello pack of 4 was 1.99 so I stocked up and bought different kinds of flavors. I don't know if they will last because my kids already eyeballed them in the fridge :/ Good luck to you and you will be in my prayers.[/quote']

Lol...I've been there. And my kids want my jello too! Hehe! Thank you, I know that we will both do great.

Yes we will!!! I will be cheering for you!!! Take care and keep in touch.

I had my surgery on March 7th. I had my gallbladder out with the sleeve. I just didn't want to have to deal with it later. Everything went fine. I think you are making the right choice. Good luck!

Thank you coexist 23!!!

I'm thinking about having my gallbladder out at the same time as the sleeve even though its not giving me any problems. Both my mom and my sister had theirs out (with stones), and they weren't even overweight at the time.

Has having your gallbladder out made any difference in how you feel? I'm not quite sure what it is used for...to hold bile or something?

I'm thinking about having my gallbladder out at the same time as the sleeve even though its not giving me any problems. Both my mom and my sister had theirs out (with stones)' date=' and they weren't even overweight at the time.

Has having your gallbladder out made any difference in how you feel? I'm not quite sure what it is used for...to hold bile or something?[/quote']

Hi!, I had my gallbladder out and sleeve done on 03/26. My gallbladder was removed because it was giving me serious issues, heartburn, chest pain due to indigestion, even left arm numbness (yikes). All gallbladder symptoms have dissapeared thank God. However, I will share that post OP, I have more pain at the gallbladder insicion sites. I don't feel pain, just slight discomfort where sleeve was done. So if u are currently having gallbladder issues I would recommend removal when you have sleeve done. This way, you go under anesthesia once, and get both procedures done ;)

Last Nov. I had the gall bladder removed (filled with stones and no bile), hiatal hernia repaired, scar tissue removed and the sleeve. I'm 66 now and training for a 5 k

Wow! You are amazing!!!! :-)