Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Once on the pre op diet, I decided to start watching Dr. Oz every day to get in a dose of "healthy inspiration". He does support bariatric surgery - I think the episode is titled "The Underperformed Surgery You Should Be Having" (saw on YouTube, not recent) and it made me feel better about my decision.

Anyhow, after months of watching, I have to laugh as the information is so contradictory. Depending on his guest and topic/health issue, you should or should not eat fish or meat of any kind, should or should not eat soy, Vitamins are necessary yet bad for you, milk is good/milk is bovine slime and all dairy is bad, zinc and Iron we must have, yet metal minerals cause Alzheimer's, pesticides are toxic on our fruits and veggies, foods are lab created to be the most addictive and finally, antibiotics will cause the next plague.

I almost prefer the blissful ignorance of my cheeseburger paradise! Now that I'm trying to be healthy, I'm afraid everything else is going to kill me too! Lol!!

P.S. I still love you Dr. Oz.

I think he's a windbag. Not to the same degree as Dr. Phil but still a windbag.

He endorses everything, and has the best weightloss plan every other week. Drives me crazy to watch him anymore, so I don't:)

He is acutally from the hospital where i was going to originally have my surgery "columbia presbyterian" in NYC and that is one of the top hospitals in NYC. That's where Bill Clinton and many other public figures go. Hillary was there during her situation a few months ago. I think Dr. Oz is pretty cool but i also feel that all doctors contradict themselves so its a matter of who you trust and what you believe.

It is hard because it seems like there are two sides to everything, like caffeine will ruin you and caffeine is a perfect thing. My motto is educate as much as possible then use own intelligence to decide what is best for me.

Can you post the link to Dr. Oz's YouTube video? I can't find it.

So maybe what Dr. Oz is saying is that everything is okay as long as its in moderation.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/underperformed-surgery-you-should-be-getting-pt-1

I'm sorry it wasn't YouTube, but right on the Dr. Oz site. It has 5 "parts" to it. It is on bypass specifically, but that's okay. We all know sleeve is even better!