Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date is the 8 th of April . Does anyone have regrets on being sleeved ? Would love lots of feedback . Thanks

Zero regrets. Best decesion I have ever made. I'm 20 months post op and have been maintaining my goal for more than a year.

Here is the typical answer you will get: "That I didn't do it sooner"!!! :rolleyes:

No regrets...well maybe one... That I did not do this sooner. My life has changed so much. I could hardly wait to be more active. I was so tired of sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else in my life enjoy physical activities. I could hardly wait to be a part of the fun. I can now sit wherever I want in restaurants, ball parks etc. because I can fit in the seats. Before surgery that was always a problem. So NO regrets. At first it takes time to adjust to the "new tummy" and the changes that come with it. However, it is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I finally feel free of the ball and chain that has weighed me down every since I can remember! Best wishes on your journey! Tina

I'm newly sleeved and at just 11 days out, I'm still in the, "OMG, WHAT DID I JUST DO????" phase. It's not a regret, but the permanence of this is really sinking in...The bulk of my stomach is rotting somewhere in a bio-dump and there is no going back now! I didn't think I'd feel this way because I researched for a long time and even scheduled my surgery for four months out so I had lots of time to prepare mentally and physically.. but still, it's different once you are through it. Am I happy I had it done? ABSOLUTELY!!!! But I also still feel a little bit freaked out too!

It takes a little while to get over the omg phase, but when you really see and believe the difference in your body, you will be sold on it. For me it was the first pair of pants that fell off as I was walking. Then it was the going in any bathroom stall and fitting. I still have a hard time believing when I hold up my pants that I will actually fit in them, but slip them right on and they are a little big. You won't regret it.

I'm 25 days out and I see a difference. Yay

1. Can walk distance without being winded.

2. Sexin. is better

3. Went from a 22w clothes to a regular 18!

4. Have not cheated or have serious cravings.

I do wish that I'd done this sooner.

I'm newly sleeved and at just 11 days out' date=' I'm still in the, "OMG, WHAT DID I JUST DO????" phase. It's not a regret, but the permanence of this is really sinking in...The bulk of my stomach is rotting somewhere in a bio-dump and there is no going back now! I didn't think I'd feel this way because I researched for a long time and even scheduled my surgery for four months out so I had lots of time to prepare mentally and physically.. but still, it's different once you are through it. Am I happy I had it done? ABSOLUTELY!!!! But I also still feel a little bit freaked out too![/quote']

I am 5days out and feeling the same way Serendipity. Easter is coming up and parties and everyone is just eating away. Meanwhile I'm just sipping on my Isopure. It kind of makes me feel left out. But I am hoping the feeling will go away?!!? I feel great physically though. I enjoy the being able to smell something delicious and having the will power to refuse eating it. I love my self control. :) Do any of you feel the same way?

I'm 25 days out and I see a difference. Yay

1. Can walk distance without being winded.

2. Sexin. is better

3. Went from a 22w clothes to a regular 18!

4. Have not cheated or have serious cravings.

I do wish that I'd done this sooner.

Glad you said number 2. My husband actually said it was easier for a couple of reasons. I am not so wide or thick so his arms don't get so tired, and my hip bones are handles now. Lol!!

Regret wise I am sort of on the fence. Early on, I thought this surgery was a great thing. I never had an OMG moment, I was focused on getting the weight off and getting healthy. I've had a degree of success and have cut my obesity medications (diabetes, hbp, chol etc.) either out completely or at least by half. For that I am grateful. However, I think the love affair with my sleeve is shortly coming to an end. My weight loss has slowed tremendously to a very painful crawl and after 4 months, I have just managed to get to my half-way goal, I feel that it maybe improbable if not impossible to make it all the way to the very end as after 6 months, the weight loss really slows down. i could have very easily taken off the weight that I am losing now, faster and more efficiently. I've done so in the past. In a way the sleeve is making it harder, because I don't want to eat, so I am only eating smaller, less nutritional portions. One of the things that burned me out from all the other times I've gone down the WL path, was that for me, I had to work out like a triathlete just to see a modicum of success. So far the sleeve hasn't changed that at all. Five or ten years ago, that was okay, but I am a bit older now, and the body physically doesn't recover as well from a daily pounding of running, cardio and weight lifting that I have to do, just to see a 1 pound loss a week. There is also this sense of permanence that you really need to understand. This is the way it is going to be from now on. It isn't something that you can change down the road. You will be different, you will feel different, people will look at you and treat you differently. Family gatherings, outings with friends, holidays all take on a bit of a different meaning.I was at a funeral for a relative just recently and three different people asked me about MY surgery?? Really, is this the most appropriate thing to be doing right now? I am not trying to put any of this in a negative light. Rather I am hoping to show you the other side of the coin. I am truly grateful that for the success that I have achieved so far. However, I honestly don't know that 4 or 5 years down the road, I am going to be able to say that I don't regret doing this. I hope that I don't regret it, but I fear that I probably will. I wish you nothing but good luck in what you do.

Regret wise I am sort of on the fence. Early on' date=' I thought this surgery was a great thing. I never had an OMG moment, I was focused on getting the weight off and getting healthy. I've had a degree of success and have cut my obesity medications (diabetes, hbp, chol etc.) either out completely or at least by half. For that I am grateful. However, I think the love affair with my sleeve is shortly coming to an end. My weight loss has slowed tremendously to a very painful crawl and after 4 months, I have just managed to get to my half-way goal, I feel that it maybe improbable if not impossible to make it all the way to the very end as after 6 months, the weight loss really slows down. i could have very easily taken off the weight that I am losing now, faster and more efficiently. I've done so in the past. In a way the sleeve is making it harder, because I don't want to eat, so I am only eating smaller, less nutritional portions. One of the things that burned me out from all the other times I've gone down the WL path, was that for me, I had to work out like a triathlete just to see a modicum of success. So far the sleeve hasn't changed that at all. Five or ten years ago, that was okay, but I am a bit older now, and the body physically doesn't recover as well from a daily pounding of running, cardio and weight lifting that I have to do, just to see a 1 pound loss a week. There is also this sense of permanence that you really need to understand. This is the way it is going to be from now on. It isn't something that you can change down the road. You will be different, you will feel different, people will look at you and treat you differently. Family gatherings, outings with friends, holidays all take on a bit of a different meaning.I was at a funeral for a relative just recently and three different people asked me about MY surgery?? Really, is this the most appropriate thing to be doing right now? I am not trying to put any of this in a negative light. Rather I am hoping to show you the other side of the coin. I am truly grateful that for the success that I have achieved so far. However, I honestly don't know that 4 or 5 years down the road, I am going to be able to say that I don't regret doing this. I hope that I don't regret it, but I fear that I probably will. I wish you nothing but good luck in what you do.[/quote']

You are right. It's not a magic bullet. You still have to do the work and change your habits. I was just telling hub last night, I could still eat like crap and not lose weight. I have to be responsible for making good choices about the things I eat. The sleeve does two things, helps you not take in so much food in general and protects you when you do eat something bad from not eating so much of it.

John I have heard lots of people stall between 3 & 4 months. Including me. A calorie bump up for a few days usually helps.

As far as people looking at you different, I think it's great! People are looking and are jealous of how hot you are looking! And holidays? They aren't really about the food. They are about family and other religious things. We as fat people just made them about the food. Now I focus on the real reason for the holiday. My life doesn't revolve around food. My preop diet started on Thanksgiving 2012. I have enjoyed every holiday since then, but that was my first difficult dose of my new reality.

So far no regrets at all. Now, if I don't lose all the extra weight or if I can't maintain the weight, then there may be some regrets. Just wish I knew about the sleeve sooner.

Hi everyone, I'm 6 days out n I can't lie the 2nd day I was like OMG! What have I done? N yesterday was a very tough day for me. I cried alot n so did my hubby because he didnt want to eat without me. They had chinese food n it was so hard to accept that I couldnt eat it. This liquid phase is no joke. I'm tired of Soup n Jello but hey this is what I signed up for. N I know soon I will start feeling n looking better. Good Luck! :)

I was sleeved March 6...started the process last June, read, researched, did not change my diet except lost 16 lbs with WW, didn't try any shakes...and I have done well with everything except I cannot do the shakes! However, I regret it.I do not recommend it!!! I didn't anticipate feeling this way, but I do.

food was a big part of my life when I was skinny at various times in my life, and an even bigger part at my heaviest times. My friends, my family, my neighbors, my coworkers - I have spent little to no time with them due to this because everything I've been asked to do revolves around food. World is not going to change because I can't eat - I've just put myself into even more isolation with this stupid surgery! I'm not ordering broth at a restaurant! I live alone & now I'm alone even more! I am so ashamed of having it - I've told no one about it. I will take it to my grave! So, I pray to feel differently once I can eat something normal...but as of today, I regret it. I think this may be the worst mistake I've ever made!