Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The next time any of us are at our doctors office for any reason plrase ask them then come back and let report here...I really want to compare what they say...I know this sound silly but I dont think it is just regular menstral cycle....idk

The next time any of us are at our doctors office for any reason plrase ask them then come back and let report here...I really want to compare what they say...I know this sound silly but I dont think it is just regular menstral cycle....idk

I'm an ob- gyn nurse, 12 yrs now at a woman's hospital, I know many obgyn docs and have asked already. Sometimes major illness, trauma, infection or operations can all affect an otherwise normal menstrual cycle and the stress of any surgery both physical and mental – is the cause here.

No worries really. You'll be just fine!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yeah. we all will be ok. Im just wondering if the bleeding is really coming from the uterus or somewhere else in the belly? Cause we have drains and when they come out I dout the bleeding magicaly stops. Thats just my theory but idk

i'm 5 days post op and i got my period 3 days later and the week before i bled a little for a few days (i guess i had a light period) They should really tell us this lol so we wont be panicking.

I'm an RN. It's coming from your uterus. The stress triggers your hormones and causes you to start before you normally would. When your drains are removed, your body will naturally reabsorb the Fluid. The drains just speed up that process! Hope this helps! :)

I have another question, everyone keeps referring to a "drain" I have heard nothing of this before this site. Does everyone have one? Do I need to contact my dr?

Fat cells store oestrogen, when the fat is released, so is the hormone which can cause your cycle to go haywire for a time.

I have another question' date=' everyone keeps referring to a "drain" I have heard nothing of this before this site. Does everyone have one? Do I need to contact my dr?[/quote']

are you post op? pre op? some doctors use a drain tube after survery to drain blood and fluids and I have also heard of surgens not using them so if you have one youd know it was there....its a tybe hanging from your insion with a ball hanging from the end collecting blood! you wont muss it if its there

What about only during intercourse , bleeding no other time.

Is it from the blood thinner shots you get post op? I too started right after surgery. I am on the pill and usually never have irregular bleeding in between. I'm supposed to have my real period soon according to my pill schedule. Wondering if I will, or if that was it... Really had no idea that this may happen.

I was sleeved on December 20th, started my period a week ago (which was 5 days early) and now I am having breakthrough bleeding! I've never had that before. Freaked me out

I am 7 months out, 68 years old and spot on and off. I think it's because iWork very hard to move my bowels at times Any ideas