Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ambien and the sleeve

Haha! I remember that with my insurance too yes they happily gave me ambien but put up a fight about the lunesta !!

Kind of off topic but I saw a great documentary called "does your soul have a cold"

It was about the big pharmaceutical companies marketing their wares to the people of Japan.

Very eye opening as to the way these ads and commercials sway us into thinking we might

"Need" these things!

Good movie check it out if you can!

Will do!

Benedryl or hydroxine might help if you do not have extreme insomnia. They both basically have the same active ingredients as Unisom. Unisom is usually 50 mg where benedryl and hydroxine are 25 mg per gel or capsule. They are also the only sleep aids that do not leave me feeling drugged in the morning. Quite the opposite - well rested and ready for the day. For me, I found two work the best to help me fall asleep and stay asleep until morning. However, if you do not need sleep aids, then it is best not to depend on them. Recently, I have started taking Amazing Grass (a green powder that can be drunk). I am happy to say it has been over a week since I have needed to take any Unisom. A miracle. :)

prior to me having this surgery I was in the hospital for an ulcer, which thankfully i decided to have surgery they found out I had H. PYlori, which the hospital didn't even find but my doc prescribed Nexium for the reflux, but did my insurance cover it NOPE, then I ended up in the hospital with an ulcer which probably would have been prevented with the nexium, love how they'll spend that extra money for my hospital stay but not the medications.

I've tried taking Melatonin..it does nothing for me..There are times when the Ambien does nothing for me and I need a Xanax in conjuction with it. I usually take it right when I'm ready to go to sleep' date=' I can't fall asleep in the dark so my tv is on but maybe I'll try turning it off..It really sucks doing so good all day to remember eating a meal when I'm not even "awake."

The only thing I've done on Ambien is the sex and cooking, thankfully no driving..my husband would know enough to stop me cuz half the time I don't know where my keys are anyway.

I hate not being able to sleep..I worked through my depression with help of my therapist and coming off my meds before surgery..Ambien and the Xanax are the only thing left, but I get bad anxiety and work myself up so the Xanax may always stay plus its so minute that it shouldn't be an issue.[/quote']

Xanax and ambien is a deadly combo! Surely your doc doesn't know you're doing that!

He does. Has never said anythin!

I take trazodone 100mg. I don't have any side effect like that.

Trazadone doesn't do anything for me either

I say switch too my husband took ambien ( before me) and had sex w a woman who was friends w his roommate. He swears he doesn't remember. She called him to tell him he hu on her until courts made him take a DNA test. Scary stuff!!

I have done some crazy things on ambien. The sex part (for some reason my hubby enjoys), I have eaten and not known... And answered emails and edited wedding photos (I am a wedding photog). When I first was on it, I swore I saw aliens in my bedroom. This stuff is whacked but I can't find anything else that works. I am still looking though. Caught a show that featured a women that went out and drove while on it and killed another person and was charged and did time for vehicular homicide. It's scary!

Yeah for a while sex was what I did..No complaints from my hubby..he misses that..It is so hard to explain unless you experience it..I took have tried other alternatives but Ambien works, and sometimes even it doesn't help. Thankfully i never put my car keys in the same place and half the time can't fnd them so driving will probably never happen with me. It is scary though

I totally get sleep sexing (guilty) but sleep driving? How do you do that?

I had to detox for a week after being on Ambien for six months. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I had to re-teach myself how to fall asleep; it was like I had forgotten. I stopped taking it because my husband would tell me all the wackadoo things I would do. One time he found me in the garage playing with sparklers. I wouldn't stay in bed :(

After that, I decided I had to take charge.