Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lee, I think 920amy had some good advice...I empathize in a small way with what you are going through...I had to be on a clear liquid diet all day Sunday in preparation for a colonscopy I had Monday...just that one day was terrible for me...I was extremely hungry that entire day...I purposely did not let myself be around people, and I had a hard time watching food commericals on TV and seeing food-related articles and ads in my magazines...I got through it by saying to myself that I only had so many hours to continue...in a similar way, I think what 920amy is advising about telling yourself there are only x days left could help a lot...I know that once you have the surgery, you will have a similar post-op diet, but I think that will be different, because then you will be recovering and healing for a couple of weeks, and also after that you have the tool of the sleeve and its physical limitations that will aid you...I pray that you will have the strength to get through these few more days before your surgery

What got me through' date=' was just the gentle reminder that if I stuck to the pre-op diet, my chances of complications during and after surgery were less. That helped me so much.[/quote']

I think of that too always but its that little voice in the back of my head "oh just one time..." its sad but true! But i will now think twice about that voice!

That head hunger is a killer sometimes. I finally had to acknowledge to myself that it was just a demon trying to make trouble and not to listen to it, which I know is really hard to do. But the more I ignored it, the less it made an appearance. So stay tough, you can make it through the pre-op diet. Each day you are that much closer to your goal of that surgery day and the new life beyond.

Yes about the fourth day it got easier :)

I don't know if you have kids and such but for me' date=' I planned meals that where easy as not to suffer to much making food for them.

And I also stocked up for after surgery for easy dinners that my husband or kids could make so I didn't have to look at food for a week or so..[/quote']

Oh thank god! I live with 3 of my young nephews and cook dinner every night and i stopped and they miss my food already! Lol but the people in my house... i cant tell them they cant fry bacon (i wish i could) but i will get thru this youve been so helpful to me :)

Lee' date=' I think 920amy had some good advice...I empathize in a small way with what you are going through...I had to be on a clear liquid diet all day Sunday in preparation for a colonscopy I had Monday...just that one day was terrible for me...I was extremely hungry that entire day...I purposely did not let myself be around people, and I had a hard time watching food commericals on TV and seeing food-related articles and ads in my magazines...I got through it by saying to myself that I only had so many hours to continue...in a similar way, I think what 920amy is advising about telling yourself there are only x days left could help a lot...I know that once you have the surgery, you will have a similar post-op diet, but I think that will be different, because then you will be recovering and healing for a couple of weeks, and also after that you have the tool of the sleeve and its physical limitations that will aid you...I pray that you will have the strength to get through these few more days before your surgery[/quote']

Thank you so much! Amy always has grear advice and she ia very on point about the x amount of days. It does suck, but its bearable! If i werent hungry, i wouldnt care about eating but i am so its hard :( thank u for your prayers! Ill do the same for you :)

That head hunger is a killer sometimes. I finally had to acknowledge to myself that it was just a demon trying to make trouble and not to listen to it' date=' which I know is really hard to do. But the more I ignored it, the less it made an appearance. So stay tough, you can make it through the pre-op diet. Each day you are that much closer to your goal of that surgery day and the new life beyond.[/quote']

Ive been telling this demon to find a bridge to go jump off of LOL. And your most certainly right, head hunger will get to you... ill keep telling this thing to go away so hopefully it'll leave! I will stay tough thank you so much :)

I truly appreciate everyone who replied to me! Its because of you guys i didnt cheat ! :)

Your all amazing people!!

I totally failed my pre op 5 day clear liquid bowl prep. And I paid for it post op. the gas pain was horrendous. The nausea. Some of the worst days of my life. And it would have been much easier had I stuck to the pre op diet.

I gave myself every excuse to cheat. Please don't. It will NOT be worth it to be in so much agony after surgery. Pre op diets exist for a reason even if you don't understand it. Good luck! You can do it.

I totally failed my pre op 5 day clear liquid bowl prep. And I paid for it post op. the gas pain was horrendous. The nausea. Some of the worst days of my life. And it would have been much easier had I stuck to the pre op diet.

I gave myself every excuse to cheat. Please don't. It will NOT be worth it to be in so much agony after surgery. Pre op diets exist for a reason even if you don't understand it. Good luck! You can do it.

I dont even think you know how much you just opened my eyes!

I will do anyyything to make my recovery the least painful as possible. Knowing that... it did me in!

I couldnt thank you enough! :)

I dont even think you know how much you just opened my eyes!

I will do anyyything to make my recovery the least painful as possible. Knowing that... it did me in!

I couldnt thank you enough! :)

I'm so glad!!! Aww I teared. This friggin surgery makes you emotional lol

I'm so glad!!! Aww I teared. This friggin surgery makes you emotional lol

:-)

It does!

I just love the fact that when i come on here, theres always someone there for you that knows what your going through and willing to help.

Can you get some non calorie food and trick your brain? Crystal light frozen pops or the low calorie Jello?

Hot herbal tea with Truvia in the evenings may help.

Hot herbal tea with Truvia in the evenings may help.

Wow I thought I was the only one! I just spit my gum out too!! I am good from 7am to 3:45pm but after that I am straving or so I think. I even drove to a fast food place yesterday sat in line and ordered, but got out of line. My good little angel told me NO! lol

I have been on liquids only since 13 March because I was not losing enough weight before surgery. My pre-op is not until 03 April. If I make it it will be a miracle. I can honestly say I am horrible as soon as I get home. Even though their is not food in the house; there are so many fast food places around my house; five minute drive. I think I need to increase my Water intake. My liquid diet is only a Protein shake, 6oz yogurt, Protein Shake, 6oz broth, Protein Shake, and 4oz Jello. I have to admit that I am losing weight, just not at the rate that everyone else is. This is really hard for me. This really does help having a site to know that I am not the only one going thru the same thing.

I did go line dancing last night after I had my Protein shake and was not hungry. I was even to go get food for the security guard and it didn't even bother me or make me want to order anything from the drive thru.

I am taking baby steps and hoping everything goes good. :)

Good luck everyone!