Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks post op and starting to feel very different

So today I am 2 weeks post op. Most of what is going on with me is emotional. I have lost 26 total pounds between the pre op and surgery. My surgery as a whole went textbook easy. Got a nice Margarita cocktail as the doc called it before I went to the OR. By then, I didn't have a care in the world. I scooted on the the operating table and remember it felt hard. Next thing I know I am being asked if I wanted to wake up. I was in recovery. Of course my first thought was Thank you GOD! I woke up. My second thought OMG WTF have I done???? I was feeling very cold so they wrapped me in several heated blankets and all was right with the world. After my stint in recovery, it was off to my room.

Hubby is waiting for me there. I get wheeled up and realized I have been parked in a beautiful 2 room suite. Had remote controlled blinds and fridge, nice queen size couch for hubby to sleep on. Dining table as well. Don't know how I got on the VIP list but I wasn't ask any questions.

I slept for about 3 hours and then the nurse came and asked if I was ready to get up and walk. I knew I wanted to as soon as I can so that I can heal faster. Got up and walked 1 short lap around the nurses station. After that, I did not return to my bed until after 10pm to sleep. I find it so much easier to get up from a chair than the bed so I was up walking every hour. I helped more than I can say. I was keeping up with the Water requirement so felt very good about going home the next day.

Next morning I got released to go home. My stay was very uneventful. The nurses hovered and make sure I had every thing I needed and anything I wanted. I was told my Dr. wrote orders for several pain meds and anti nausea meds and I had to do was ask for what I wanted. I make sure to keep on top of the pain and nausea and asked early and often. It worked as I didn't experience any nausea.

I was tired when I got home but started on my Clear liquids and clear Protein Drinks and was able to keep up with them. Started walking around the house and then down the street. Walked whenever i could, slept when I needed.

I was not amused at coming home 8 pounds heavier then I left home. Lots of fluids. It came off over the next 3 days and then my weight started coming off. Not as fast as lots of others but any loss is a good loss.

So now I am 14 pounds in 14 days. While I was hoping for more, my body is still recovering. I am following directions and walking 2-3 miles a day, split up. I get all my Protein with ease and water with ease.

I am expecting the famous 3rd week stall. Guess it pretty much happens to most. I've decided I'm not going to fret over it or anything else. Over the last week or so I have started to feel very calm about it. I am sleeved. I am following my surgeon's instructions to a T. My body has recently undergone a major surgery. I need to be patient and listen to it. Most days I am very energetic and get tons done and lots of walking in. A few days, have felt fatigued and sleepy. I am listening to it. I am accepting what my body is doing now. For once in my life. I will let it lead. I will follow and I feel very good about it. I've put it on the track and now I have to let it ride the track. My job now is to give it what it needs to keep running.

I know I can do this and I can't wait to see where my body takes me. I know I'm going to love the ride.

Wow very nice, my poor husband was on a very unconfertable recliner, my poor guy and I had 2 stay 2 nights due to a fever,

congrats on your lose so far and I love your up beat spirt

Congrats!!! Sounds like you have a great attitude and a very grounded approach to life post op.

Brest of luck and congrats on your loss so far!!

Sounds like you are doing great. Gotta love that positive attitude. Congratulations on a fabulous start!

That was beautiful! Wishing you continued success!

Congratulations, Loser!! I came home 12# heavier and nothing moved for 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden: BAM. I've never had a stall. It's okay to NOT expect a stall :)

Lol @ congratulations loser.

We are all losers or will be losers very soon. Isn't it awesome??

Good job and best wishes for continued success.

This really hit home for me. Congrats on your journey thus far and wishing you all the best to come!

Congratulations on your success...I so hope mine will go the same way. I am so nervous. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hello all my name is Catheryn and I am 59 year's young in Dallas Texas, I guess you can say I am a proud sleeved Texas woman, you know they say every thing is bigger in Texas not so when it come to my new body, this is the 2 best thing I ever done, the first was and is that I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and the second is my sleeve it went so smooth I went to the hosptial on the 2-14-13 and on the 2-15-13 I went home I was up and walking 3 to 4 hour's after I had the sleeve done, I could have went home the day of sleeve but my (ins) want you to stay over night, it was over before I even knew what was going on. God has been so good to me with this sleeve He guided the doc hand and kept me safe, had no pain at all only a little sore felt like I had done about 50 sit up's ' but no pain I can't tell my fellower sleever how happy I am about this and I pray God keep me strong so I can meet my goal for my weight loss and keep me there and to be health, if any one is thinking about a sleeve I tell you with all my heart to go for it God Bless you all.

Thanks for the nice replies everyone. I know this is the right path for me. :)

Wishing all of us success!