Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Doc appt today!

Had my pre-op doc appt today with the doc who will be giving me medical clearance for the surgery. Even tho I had my blood work done last week, he still didn't have the results. :rolleyes: He said he would call for them today. He never mentioned anything about a scope (thank heavens) but he does want me to have a "chemical stress test." As long as that comes back fine, then I'll be ready to go on to the next step (which I'm all confused as to what comes next???) He said if that doesn't come back fine, then they'll have to work on getting my heart healthy before making the rest of me healthy.

The bad part was that I'm supposed to be losing weight (Bari nurse said a minimum of 15 lbs) & I weighed the same today as I did a week ago today but I had an appt with my PCP on Friday & I was down 4 lbs in his office. Obviously scales make a diff. I need to work harder. I'm really hoping for summer surgery.

Anyway, just wanted to share that I jumped thru yet another hoop!!!

I had my first appointment with my surgeon today. I have one more month with my NUT before they send in my info to my insurance. That could take a month, then I will just have my pre-op stuff (Upper Endoscopy and Gallbladder Ultrasound) and I will be cleared for surgery. I am hoping for June. :)

Good luck with the pre-weight loss! You might try the pre-op liquid diet. From what I hear, people are loosing a lot of weight with it.

I had my first appointment with my surgeon today. I have one more month with my NUT before they send in my info to my insurance. That could take a month, then I will just have my pre-op stuff (Upper Endoscopy and Gallbladder Ultrasound) and I will be cleared for surgery. I am hoping for June. :)

Good luck with the pre-weight loss! You might try the pre-op liquid diet. From what I hear, people are loosing a lot of weight with it.

Thank you Iniysa! I'm not in any hurry to go on a liquid diet just yet...altho maybe I should try it to prepare myself for the week prior to surgery, as I'll have to be on a liquid diet the entire week before. I just don't know how I'm going to do that! :unsure:

Sounds like all my appts are backwards from most people? Wonder if it's because of different insurances? I don't need approval from insurance, it's a covered benefit. I'm just making appts & trying to hit all my targets so that I can be considered for summer surgery. Hate that it could happen when my teen son turns 18 but hopefully he'll have a healthy & thinner Mama for his graduation the following summer!

Who orders the endoscopy? Gallbladder U.S.? I thought the doc I saw today would order that stuff but he didn't. He only ordered a chemical stress test for me? Maybe once I meet with my surgeon, he'll order that stuff? Hmmmm?

I'm happy to hear that things are moving along for you as well! Are you excited, nervous? All of the above? LOL!

Good luck to you both! I have my 3rd visit of 6 next week so I to am hoping for june surgery...I'm so ready!

Good luck to you both! I have my 3rd visit of 6 next week so I to am hoping for june surgery...I'm so ready!

Wishing you lots of luck too Truckerchic! You're halfway there!

Wishing you lots of luck too Truckerchic! You're halfway there!

Thanks pixie like you I have to lose weight first my program says 10% so 30lbs for me. My scale says 14 so far will see what the doctors scale says. Funny how different all the programs and doctors are

Thanks pixie like you I have to lose weight first my program says 10% so 30lbs for me. My scale says 14 so far will see what the doctors scale says. Funny how different all the programs and doctors are

I know....seems like the weight loss surgery program should all be run the same way but it really is diff from person to person who post here! Some people have to do the liquid diet longer than others or get introduced to soft foods sooner, or have more hoops to jump to have surgery. Just crazy!