Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about protein powder in diet sprite?

I was wondering if anyone has tried this. Putting Protein Powder in diet sprite. Either a flavored Protein powder, or also add a crystal light to it or something similar?

no carbonation unless you wait til the soda goes flat....you don't want the air bubbles in your tiny tummy

oy vey... stay away from carbonated drinks...

Well, that isn't what I asked (whether or not to stay away from carbonated drinks). From my research I see no good reason to stay away from them. It feels just like drinking Water to me (and yes I get in all my water). No discomfort or gas and I don't see how people thinks this "stretches" their stomachs. Anyhoo, I was just curious if anyone had an opinion about the taste of the Protein powder in the diet sprite.

Well' date=' that isn't what I asked (whether or not to stay away from carbonated drinks). From my research I see no good reason to stay away from them. It feels just like drinking Water to me (and yes I get in all my water). No discomfort or gas and I don't see how people thinks this "stretches" their stomachs. Anyhoo, I was just curious if anyone had an opinion about the taste of the Protein powder in the diet sprite.[/quote']

I'm preop, but I mix crystal light and diet sprite often. It's quite tasty and cuts down on the bubbles. I'd add flavorless if anything. My surgeon said no carbonation, but its your body and your choice.

Well, that isn't what I asked (whether or not to stay away from carbonated drinks). From my research I see no good reason to stay away from them. It feels just like drinking Water to me (and yes I get in all my water). No discomfort or gas and I don't see how people thinks this "stretches" their stomachs. Anyhoo, I was just curious if anyone had an opinion about the taste of the Protein powder in the diet sprite.

I would think an orange or lemonade flavor would be good. Let us know what you find out.

well why didnt you just say that you were looking for justification and a few attagirls to make you feel better about going off plan....

Just do it, you already have your mind made up...

Who said I was going off plan!?! I'm simply asking about the flavor of mixing these two things together. I am not looking for an "attagirl" from you. Just because someone else' surgeon says they cannot have diet drinks does not mean that everyone's surgeon has the same guidelines. And that is the reason I'm not asking for anyone's permission to drink diet sprite. I'm curious of the flavors before I go and waste Protein powder and the beverage.

I use chocolate Protein powder and the thought of mixing that with sprite makes me want to barf! I personally don't think it would taste good at all to mix protein and a carbonation beverage. I was never a soda drinker and haven't had any soda and I'm almost 6 months post op (not saying that to scold you). I'm one of the rare people who doesn't like the taste of soda and carbonated drinks. I mix my protein powder with skim milk or water........... but soda? BLEH! Drink the diet soda by itself and do the same with the Protein Shake but I personally would never mix them.

Thanks! The chocolate powder does sound pretty gross. I'm curious if a fruity flavored Protein powder could make a diet sprite taste somewhat similar to a cherry limeade or something from sonic. Adding powder to anything other than sprite does sound gross to me too.

I don't think the chocolate and sprite would taste very good but I'm almost 2 yrs post op and I've had diet coke or dr. pepper 10 about once a day since about 5 or 6 months out. My restriction hasn't changed at all. I know that's not what you asked but just to let you know. My surgeon also said after the incision is healed carbonation is ok, it won't stretch anything, you just burp the bubbles out.

When I was doing my preop, I once put chocolate Protein powder in diet orange soda and it was NOT nice.. but your mileage may vary.

Please remember that we all have different doctors and different instructions. MY post op plan happens to state that carbonated beverages are FINE after 6 months if they are well tolerated. Other doctors do indeed tell their patients that carbonation will stretch their sleeves.

Isopure like another poster said. They have a lot of flavors that might work. There are also unflavored Proteins you could add. But in not sure how well it would mix. Also there are a lot of Protein Shots that might taste good.