Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers a year out or more, have you had this?

Hey everyone I recently experienced three scenarios of great pain and am looking to see if anyone has had anything similar.

To start off, I have gone to the doctor, never during the attacks, and they confirmed it is not my gallbladder.

A few months ago I had a glass of champagne for my birthday and suddenly experienced a dull ache that had waves of sharp pain right in the center of my abdomen below my bra line. It lasted for about an hour. I have not had any problems with carbonation before but I assumed it was too carbonated and have steered clear of it since.

A few weeks ago I was eating some tuna with the usual stuff and experienced the same pain! I had not over eaten - I was about three bites in. This time it was more sever pain.

I just had it again today after snatching a crisscut fry from my friend. One fry and the began. This time it made me vomit and two hours later I am still tender.

As far as I can tell there is no linking character to any of the attacks. Anyone else have this before?

How did they confirm it was not your gallbladder? Unless you've had it removed it certainly sounds a possible cause of your pain now.

They did an ultra sound and found no stones and followed up with scan to test the functioning - both came out clear! They also did a bilirubin (?) test to check my bile duct.

I'm correctly having a similar pain because of my pancreas. I can't eat any fat right now. Worth checking into.

They did an ultra sound and found no stones and followed up with scan to test the functioning - both came out clear! They also did a bilirubin (?) test to check my bile duct.

I had gallbladder problems BEFORE my sleeve and had it removed. My initial hida scan showed a normal range, but my repeat showed it functioning at 9%.

Keep on top of your dr w retesting if you aren't getting answers.

Thanks guys! It looks like I will have to request another functioning test and look into my pancreas!

I had these same pains everytime I ate after I was treated with IV steroids for a MS flareup. It turned out that it was a start of a small ulcer in my stomach, something that before the surgery I had been able to pinpoint easily, but postop the feeling is just not the same. I was a dum dum a few weeks ago when I started my new job and broke the rules and was drinking coffee everyday, sure enough the symptoms came back until I realized I was giving myself an ulcer. I stopped it and about a week later everything was normal again. I'd def go see your weight loss surgeon about it though, they'll know best. Good luck and I hope you feel better!