Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today was my very first day of my pre-op diet, and I did exceptionally well... except for the fact that I have not been approved by my insu company & will find out tommorow or the next morning. I called my DRs office and asked when I would be approved and she told me that then said, "Okay so start your pre-op diet tomorrow." and i said,"Um i already started." I was already half way through my day! So with that in mind, I went to work. I work at a really reallllllly good catering hall and as soon as I walk into the kitchen to clock in BOOM! I smell everything.

Sooooo as I go through my night, I develop a headache, I'm cranky as anything and I'm feeling weak. So I asked the chef for my favorite chicken dish, and I ate ALL of it. And after I even got a glass of soda (I haven't had soda for 2 weeks)! So basically, that little thing my doc said,"Start tommorrow..." was in the back of my mind and now I have an excuse to eat. The reason why I'm in this situation!

Anyone else go through this?

I honestly thought the pre op diet would be soooo easy but its freakin' hard!

I'm worried about the same thing. I really don't know how I'm going to get thru the pre-op liquid diet. I'm going to be hungry & I like the feeling of being hungry about as much as the feeling of cutting my right arm off with a butter knife! :wacko:

Thankfully, your doc did say "tomorrow" so maybe tomorrow you can be more prepared? I don't know how especially since you work for a catering company but I'll still have to cook for my husband & kids, so we'll just have to figure it out. :( I keep trying to tell myself this will all be worth it to me, but who knows till the day I'm only on liquids, how I will react. I may be contacting your chef for a chicken dish too! :D

I'm two weeks post op and I think the pre-op diet has been the worst part of the whole thing. I had to lose 15 lbs in a month before the surgery so I took it seriously and I didn't cheat but by the night before surgery I was a wreck. I went in for my final weigh in and the scale at the doctors office did not match up to my home scale. The little M.A taking my weight said"Oh you've only lost a little over half of what the Dr. was asking for" Now my scales were telling me I had lost 17lbs but of course that was first thing in the morning and nude. She said she'd page the Dr. and let me know if he would cancel. I almost hulked out on her. Instead I got in my car and cried then called my husband and told him if the Dr. postponed I was going to eat a giant cheese burger and eat a sundae. I was a little irrational but that is what happens when you are starving. You gotta feed a big girl or we turn into monsters. He didn't postpone and I'm glad I didn't cheat. You can do this!!!!! It's crazy the difference the surgery makes. I have no hunger pains and I have to make myself eat and drink now instead of being a slave to my appetite. Good luck and keep up the good work!

I would like to address the issue with the MA. I was going to school to be that and what she did was horrible to you!! I could never imagine doing that to my patients. Honestly the doctors scale is a little tricky and that MA might not have gotten the correct numbers! Ugh! I'm sorry it just makes me mad that she upset you like that!

And another thing- If that would have happened to me, I would have reacted exactly the way you did! Lol! I'm like that... I'll say "You know what, I don't even give a sh*t!" and I'll eat everything in sight and regret it later. Thats just me.

I love how you say "you gotta feed a big girl or we turn into monsters" thats the funniest thing because its so true!! Last night when I was at work I was so cranky to everyone it was terrible! See, I can go hours without eating but now that I have to constantly think about the next time I have to eat is so frustrating because I'm 10x hungier! I can't wait to feel the feeling of not being hungry!

I'm worried about the same thing. I really don't know how I'm going to get thru the pre-op liquid diet. I'm going to be hungry & I like the feeling of being hungry about as much as the feeling of cutting my right arm off with a butter knife! :wacko:

Thankfully, your doc did say "tomorrow" so maybe tomorrow you can be more prepared? I don't know how especially since you work for a catering company but I'll still have to cook for my husband & kids, so we'll just have to figure it out. :( I keep trying to tell myself this will all be worth it to me, but who knows till the day I'm only on liquids, how I will react. I may be contacting your chef for a chicken dish too! :D

LMAO! "I like the feeling of being hungry about as much as the feeling of cutting my right arm off with a butter knife!" -> im in total agreement with this!

Honestly I thought i was SO prepared but you never are prepared as you think! With the exception of yesterday, day 2 is going smoothly and I'm not as hungry as I was! I think you get used to it as you go its just that the first day is rough on your body & mind.

Cooking for others: I made my 2 nephews this morning: bacon, eggs & potatoes. It was a little difficult, but I pictured myself on a beach in a bikini, running! WHATEVER works right?! Hahaha! My chef has an open kitchen and is always taking requests! (I looooove him) He actually said to me today that when I'm ready to start eating solids he'll specially cook for me! Gotta love this man!

Good luck when you start your preop diet! you will be cranky and tired but just look foward to the end result & keep in your mind that you NEED to lose some weight so your surgery will go better! its always nice to get a head start on weight loss :D

LMAO! "I like the feeling of being hungry about as much as the feeling of cutting my right arm off with a butter knife!" -> im in total agreement with this!

Honestly I thought i was SO prepared but you never are prepared as you think! With the exception of yesterday, day 2 is going smoothly and I'm not as hungry as I was! I think you get used to it as you go its just that the first day is rough on your body & mind.

Cooking for others: I made my 2 nephews this morning: bacon, eggs & potatoes. It was a little difficult, but I pictured myself on a beach in a bikini, running! WHATEVER works right?! Hahaha! My chef has an open kitchen and is always taking requests! (I looooove him) He actually said to me today that when I'm ready to start eating solids he'll specially cook for me! Gotta love this man!

Good luck when you start your preop diet! you will be cranky and tired but just look foward to the end result & keep in your mind that you NEED to lose some weight so your surgery will go better! its always nice to get a head start on weight loss :D

There will be **NO** bacon cooking in my house from now on out. In fact, I made Breakfast for dinner a few nights ago as a "see ya" type meal for me & my family! LOL! I'm not suffering alone in this....no way!

I hope I get used to the idea fast that I'm on liquids only. I'm just hoping that they will make me feel full enough that I won't want to cheat & eat food!

Love your idea of picturing yourself on a beach in a bikini ~ running. I'd have to do the same, altho I'd have to be running after Jon Bon Jovi & I'd have to catch him in my day dreams for it to have any affect on me! :D

Your boss/chef sounds like a wonderful person! You're a lucky girl!

I hope I'll be cranky so all will be normal at home :D, this way my family won't know that I have something up my sleeve (pardon the pun), since I'm not planning on telling my kids about the sleeve. Well, I may change my mind just before but don't want them freaking out already. I don't even have a surgery date yet.

Ladies I understand where your coming from im n week 8 of a 10 week milk diet and today ive had a punnet of tomatoes, im really struggling this week and I know the 8th of April isnt far away, but whats really getting me is im told I wont be having my surgery till late autumn or early winter, ive 2 more weeks to do this but I know we can all do this x :) :)

Ladies I understand where your coming from im n week 8 of a 10 week milk diet and today ive had a punnet of tomatoes' date=' im really struggling this week and I know the 8th of April isnt far away, but whats really getting me is im told I wont be having my surgery till late autumn or early winter, ive 2 more weeks to do this but I know we can all do this x :) :)[/quote']

OMG you are still on that milk diet!!! I remember when you first started! Brave woman...

Ladies I understand where your coming from im n week 8 of a 10 week milk diet and today ive had a punnet of tomatoes, im really struggling this week and I know the 8th of April isnt far away, but whats really getting me is im told I wont be having my surgery till late autumn or early winter, ive 2 more weeks to do this but I know we can all do this x :) :)

At the rate you're losing weight Annabelle, you may be at goal BEFORE your surgery! You're doing wonderfully!! I'm soooooooooooo envious!

There will be **NO** bacon cooking in my house from now on out. In fact, I made Breakfast for dinner a few nights ago as a "see ya" type meal for me & my family! LOL! I'm not suffering alone in this....no way!

I hope I get used to the idea fast that I'm on liquids only. I'm just hoping that they will make me feel full enough that I won't want to cheat & eat food!

Love your idea of picturing yourself on a beach in a bikini ~ running. I'd have to do the same, altho I'd have to be running after Jon Bon Jovi & I'd have to catch him in my day dreams for it to have any affect on me! :D

Your boss/chef sounds like a wonderful person! You're a lucky girl!

I hope I'll be cranky so all will be normal at home :D, this way my family won't know that I have something up my sleeve (pardon the pun), since I'm not planning on telling my kids about the sleeve. Well, I may change my mind just before but don't want them freaking out already. I don't even have a surgery date yet.

Love this!! I am on day 5 of my Pre Op Diet and the Family will be having pizza tonight-I will just have to daydream of chasing JBJ on the beach-or better yet-sitting side by side with him in loungers on the beach...LOL

OMG you are still on that milk diet!!! I remember when you first started! Brave woman...

Yes till the 8th of April, I've passed pancake tuesday, ash wednesday, valentines, mothering Sunday, St Patricks day, & now Easter, but it will be so so worth it x

At the rate you're losing weight Annabelle, you may be at goal BEFORE your surgery! You're doing wonderfully!! I'm soooooooooooo envious!

Lol lol I said that to my consultant but my next journey will be a re-introduce to food diet lol lol

Lol lol I said that to my consultant but my next journey will be a re-introduce to food diet lol lol

I think you're going to do just fine considering how successful you've been so far! Two thumbs up to you!

thank you Pixie Dust :)

I read a lot about women still having to cook for Husbands and kids, I understand the kids but why cant some of these husbands cook for ghemselves and the kids? I told my husband and 13 yrold before my surgery, youre on your own dudes. Give him a can opener and a can of Soup. I eat what I eat and they eat what they eat. Just saying