Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@cc.... can you add me to also to fb ..aline labbe

Scheduled my surgery today...May 6th is THE day! Dr. Gachassin in Lafayette, LA. I can't wait for this amazing journey to begin :) please add me to the FB group. Jill Angelle

another May 6....I think there are at least 3 or 4 of us now with that same date

Is there a FB group for May sleeves? I just got my 5/15 surgery date & find it easier to follow on FB.

Pe-op class May 14

Hello May Friends...

I am scheduled for May 16th. I started this journey in December of 2012. I was throwing up a lot and went to my doctor and she had me scheduled for many appointments which required an Endoscopy. It revealed I had a hiatal hernia. When I met with the surgeon, he suggested that I get it repaired in addition to getting bariatric surgery. I admit I am overweight, but never considered surgery to assist. I went through the program which included support groups, dietician meetings, a psycological evaluation, losing 10 pounds, keeping a food log, etc. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I start my liquid diet on May 2nd. I live in the Northern Virginia area. Looking forward to hearing from your experiences and day to day changes. Please keep in touch.

Hello May Friends...

I am scheduled for May 16th. I started this journey in December of 2012. I was throwing up a lot and went to my doctor and she had me scheduled for many appointments which required an Endoscopy. It revealed I had a hiatal hernia. When I met with the surgeon, he suggested that I get it repaired in addition to getting bariatric surgery. I admit I am overweight, but never considered surgery to assist. I went through the program which included support groups, dietician meetings, a psycological evaluation, losing 10 pounds, keeping a food log, etc. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I start my liquid diet on May 2nd. I live in the Northern Virginia area. Looking forward to hearing from your experiences and day to day changes. Please keep in touch.

We have the same exact dates Ellis! Down to the pre-op diet and all lol. Good Luck!!

Hello Brooke,

I am hoping to have my surgery in May. I got my insurance approval, last Monday after 3 months of supervised diet. I started at 258, i am at 238 now. I am so ready to get this over with. I should have my surgery date later this week.

Hello Brooke,

I am hoping to have my surgery in May. I got my insurance approval, last Monday after 3 months of supervised diet. I started at 258, i am at 238 now. I am so ready to get this over with. I should have my surgery date later this week.

My date is May 20th. Surgery in Houston' date='Tx. I'm 5 8 and my highest weight 248. Went to doctor today and weigh 242 . The first change I decided to make was no sodas the month of March. Note I've been cutting down on the white stuff, bread, sugar, potatoes, rice. Next get moving. I really have no set weight. My goals are to be rid of medications!! But my surgeon says I will lose about 65/70 pounds. I have been over 200 pounds for 20+ years. I am 45 and my husband is my only support family wise. I have told one co worker, she supports me. I have a gastric bypass friend that is supportive. I told my 16 year old and it was a teary conversation on her part. But I'm determined to not be on these 10 pills a day.[/quote']

I to was 250 I am down 216 my date is set at may 20th and I did all those things and it is working but I can not tell my mother what I am doing be cues she thinks bad things will happen so I am telling her that I am going in for the lap ban and does'nt seem too mind that so much but I feel so bad that I have to lie to her .

I have my surgery on the 16th! So nervous. But ever so excited too. I am at 260 too. Start my fluids diet next week. Still waiting for my pack so not sure quite what to expect. If I could get down to 140/150 I would be in heaven!!

Victoria mckenzie in guernsey Channel Islands. Please add me to FB too : )

We have the same exact dates Ellis! Down to the pre-op diet and all lol. Good Luck!!

exciting to have someone on the same surgery day! I'll be thinking about you and praying for a successful surgery!

exciting to have someone on the same surgery day! I'll be thinking about you and praying for a successful surgery!

Same here girl!!! I will be here for support. Excited!!