Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay men, dates, and scars

Hey everyone,

I am considering getting a revision from lapband to sleeve because the band is not working for me due to reflux. Because I am getting a revision, the doctor said he can't do the single incision method so I will have multiple incisions.

Knowing how shallow gay men are, I wanted to know if the scars raised questions or comments from any dates.

Thanks!

Hmmm...maybe I'm wrong but I thought ALL sleevers got 5 incisions? One is bigger than all the rest because they pull your stomach out thru one particular incision.

Just tell them you had your gallbladder removed. Gallbladder leaves 4 small scars that look similar to VSG surgery since they are done the same way.

The scars aren't big. And I think losing the weight and being happier and healthier is totally worth a few inch long scars that will fade with time.

Thanks Roserie and newcomb9. My lapband was done with one incision and you can't even see a scar. I hope the sleeve surgery is the same. But I like the gallbladder answer. Very good idea.

Pixie Dust, there is a method called SILS (Single Incision Laprascopic Surgery) that can be used for lapband or sleeve. They typically go in through the belly button, but, for a variety of reasons, sometimes go in elsewhere as they did with my lapband.

My best friend is a crazy shallow guy (so vain in a lovable way lol). He is hot, knows it and wants everyone else to be too! lol But his ex had a VSG and he always said to me, "who cares about a few small scars... have you seen how hot he is?!" Lol Once you go through this and reach goal, you'll look better with a few small scars than you do now without them!! If you're worried about shallow guys, I'd worry more about being overweight and unhealthy than I would the scars! :)

And if you don't want to reveal to someone right away that you've had WLS, the gallbladder excuse would definitely work! Whenever I was asked about my incision scars from lap band, removal and replacement, I usually just deflected with a joke, saying, "Oh, that's from a knife fight. You should see the other chick." Which avoided a direct lie, and left open the option of revealing it later in the relationship once I felt comfortable.

Shanked in prison...that's my go-to story!

Lol I love how only women have answered you! Hahaha Speak up boys!!! ;)

I say to hell with 'em if they are really that shallow. But if it is a big concern, I agree with Roserie's suggestion (although VSGKirk's is very funny). Lots of surgeries are done laparoscopically these days, so you probably have a few cover stories to choose from. Hehe

Hey usually don't pay me to answer questions about myself!

My best friend is a crazy shallow guy (so vain in a lovable way lol). He is hot' date=' knows it and wants everyone else to be too! lol But his ex had a VSG and he always said to me, "who cares about a few small scars... have you seen how hot he is?!" Lol Once you go through this and reach goal, you'll look better with a few small scars than you do now without them!! If you're worried about shallow guys, I'd worry more about being overweight and unhealthy than I would the scars! :)

And if you don't want to reveal to someone right away that you've had WLS, the gallbladder excuse would definitely work! Whenever I was asked about my incision scars from lap band, removal and replacement, I usually just deflected with a joke, saying, "Oh, that's from a knife fight. You should see the other chick." Which avoided a direct lie, and left open the option of revealing it later in the relationship once I felt comfortable.[/quote']

Lmao @ knife fight, Love it!!