Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

She has been over weight her whole life...you would just think she'd be happy for me to be taking this step. I just wish for all of us that all this negativity will stop....support support support is what we need...and THAT is why I joined VST! :-)

I've only told two friends and my sister in law....though I know I'll get support from many friends if I say something - just feel this is a spiritual journey for me. And in time ill tell those that I know will be supportive and besides don't want to jinx anything....lol

Hi everyone, I'm all booked in for 3rd June!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I live in Australia in Brisbane. I had my appointment with my dieticion this morning so I'm all good to go for the 2 week pre-op diet. Good luck everyone and it'll be great to talk to each other through this change in our lives!!!!

Cheers Bec

Hi everyone' date=' I'm all booked in for 3rd June!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I live in Australia in Brisbane. I had my appointment with my dieticion this morning so I'm all good to go for the 2 week pre-op diet. Good luck everyone and it'll be great to talk to each other through this change in our lives!!!!

Cheers Bec[/quote']

Congrats!!!! June 3rd too. I can't wait. Good luck too you!! BTW, do you have to do a liquid diet? I start mine may 20th. Yuck!!!! Lol

I did the other approach, i told just about everyone, mainly i saw à chance to educate people who seem to think we take the easy way out. **** no, this is hard work...lol...Second, it will help me be accountable to myself more... cause some people in our world are just waiting for you to fail, that jealous..I live this way everyday, i just mâke it à must to find a postive in everything that i deal with..... After all we all do what works for us to get the job done, and this is how i chose to do my journey. :-)

Oops.... Didnt mean to say the cuss word for POOH its just now i honestly felt...lol..sorry

Congrats!!!! June 3rd too. I can't wait. Good luck too you!! BTW' date=' do you have to do a liquid diet? I start mine may 20th. Yuck!!!! Lol[/quote']

Congrats to u too!!!! I've gotta go on Optifast (shakes) Breakfast and lunch and have 1 cup green veg with lunch and than small piece of lean meat and 1cup green veg. I'm glad I don't have to go all liquid!! But this starts on 20th too. We'll have to keep each other on track!!

Congrats to u too!!!! I've gotta go on Optifast (shakes) Breakfast and lunch and have 1 cup green veg with lunch and than small piece of lean meat and 1cup green veg. I'm glad I don't have to go all liquid!! But this starts on 20th too. We'll have to keep each other on track!!

My pre-op diet is strictly liquids! That is going to be so hard to do! I'm going to try my hardest to stick to it and not cheat. I know how important it is to shrink my liver for surgery. I am really nervous but very excited!

Hey' date=' Museum Mama! I'm planning on June 19th. I have a 5 day window between summer classes to wedge it in. What's your date?[/quote']

Mines June 19 too!

Thanks for starting this group. I'm excited and nervous but mostly excited. The nervousness is because I've never had surgery of any kind, never been put under. But the more time passes the nerves give way to excitement. I'm so excited to have a tool for weight loss. I'm so tired of the fat!

Mus mama whats your major, i just finish finals...

Mus mama whats your major' date=' i just finish finals...[/quote']

My major?? I graduted 14 years ago. Lol.

But to answer your q, I earned a BA in Museology and Near Eastern Archaeology. I work in Victorian House Museums and im not a fan of victorians. :\

Lol. Such is life.

@ mus mamá...Sorry i thought u said between classes....lol....my mistake...im 52 and just finish my 4th semestre nver has the chance to go to college so im doing it now.

@ mus mamá...Sorry i thought u said between classes....lol....my mistake...im 52 and just finish my 4th semestre nver has the chance to go to college so im doing it now.

How fantastic for you!!! You're my hero.

Yes, I did say that. I should clarify that I meant when my son is on summer break with his dad. Lol. So sorry for the confusion.

Aline, you may have seen one of my posts that Healthier2day quoted just above your comment. I am in grad school now, and I'm scheduling my sleeve for June 19th right between my 2 summer classes. I just turned 49, and like you I never had a chance to go to college earlier in life. I started school at age 44, graduated at 48 last May, and went straight into a masters program last August. In most of my classes I felt like I needed a t-shirt that said, "Yes, I am old enough to be your mama!" but it was also a really amazing experience. :)