Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 6/19

Highest weight 308

Day of surgery 270

Current 232

Weight loss has slowed to about a pound a week, hoping it speeds up!

post-52230-13813670640071_thumb.jpg

post-52230-13838396052228_thumb.jpg

Sleeved 6/19

Highest weight 308

Day of surgery 270

Current 232

Weight loss has slowed to about a pound a week, hoping it speeds up!

Had my sleeve done on 6/24. Got back today from a 10 day road trip -can be challenging to eat well when traveling' date=' but since surgery I am now down 54 lbs and 72 since the pre-surgery diet. Still have a ways to go but I see the progress. I have avoided all sweets except for the 50 cal Skinny Cow fudgicle when home, have eaten part of a Bratwurst with a spoonful of macaroni salad and while tailgating the last 2 weeks I had very small bites of my favorite sausage (Bahama Mama from Schmidt's in Columbus Ohio). And this past week, had 2-3 small strips of pizza -not full slices! Normally I would have ate a whole large pie! And would eat 2 of those sausages before each game. So I know many will want to jump on me for some of the food choices.....but I don't care. I did the surgery to help give me a tool to help me with my portion controls. I do not eat a lot of the bad stuff I used to, but on occasion I may indulge in a favorite but now with this great new tool, I enjoy some but eat much much less than I ever did. With the weight I am down, I can climb the bleachers easier -I sit in Row 37 of Ohio Stadium - as I fly from Texas back to Ohio State for every home game ( missed only 2 home games since 93). And I get in much better workouts at the gym, today on treadmill did 3 1/3 miles in 46 minutes with over 1500 linear feet. So I feel so much stronger and better I still have work but encouraged with the first 11 weeks![/quote']

You're doing great!!! Your journey is YOURS, not anyone else's

Hi, my name is Olivia and I am sixteen years old. I was sleeved June 25th of 2013 and this looked like a cool group. I have lost 78 pounds total, about 30 pre-op and the rest since the surgery. I have been consistently losing more than ten pounds a month however this last week i gained four pounds. It kind of freaked me out. I have been taking in more calories that my usual 700 lately but mostly not over 1000 and NEVER over 1300. It seemed to come on so fast.I usually exercise much more than I did this week due to bronchitis but it still seems like i should be at least maintaining at my calorie intake. Has this happened to anybody else?

Hi' date=' my name is Olivia and I am sixteen years old. I was sleeved June 25th of 2013 and this looked like a cool group. I have lost 78 pounds total, about 30 pre-op and the rest since the surgery. I have been consistently losing more than ten pounds a month however this last week i gained four pounds. It kind of freaked me out. I have been taking in more calories that my usual 700 lately but mostly not over 1000 and NEVER over 1300. It seemed to come on so fast.I usually exercise much more than I did this week due to bronchitis but it still seems like i should be at least maintaining at my calorie intake. Has this happened to anybody else?[/quote']

Hi Olivia. You're doing great! Listen, we all go through stalls...in fact you are lucky that you haven't gone thru one until now. I had a 3 week stall once and then all of the sudden it just started back up. Your body does crazy things, especially when it is sick, and you said you had bronchitis, so I wouldn't worry, it should straighten itself out in the next week or so.

Hi' date=' my name is Olivia and I am sixteen years old. I was sleeved June 25th of 2013 and this looked like a cool group. I have lost 78 pounds total, about 30 pre-op and the rest since the surgery. I have been consistently losing more than ten pounds a month however this last week i gained four pounds. It kind of freaked me out. I have been taking in more calories that my usual 700 lately but mostly not over 1000 and NEVER over 1300. It seemed to come on so fast.I usually exercise much more than I did this week due to bronchitis but it still seems like i should be at least maintaining at my calorie intake. Has this happened to anybody else?[/quote']

Hi olivia

Great job keep up the good work. ..I got a wicked sinus infection a few weeks back that prevented me frim working out and it stopped my loss for a week but as soon as my body kicked it and recovered things went back to normal, just hang in there!

I was sleeved on June 21st and I reached Nederland today!!!!! I haven't been here in 6 or 7 years. I was out of town for the weekend so I wasn't able to weigh for a few days, knew I was getting close but was still shocked to see 199 this morning! HW 259 SW 257 CW 199. I was 239 day of surgery.

I was sleeved on June 21st and I reached Nederland today!!!!! I haven't been here in 6 or 7 years. I was out of town for the weekend so I wasn't able to weigh for a few days' date=' knew I was getting close but was still shocked to see 199 this morning! HW 259 SW 257 CW 199. I was 239 day of surgery.[/quote']

YAY! YAY!! Yay!!

Congrats!!

YAY! YAY!! Yay!! Congrats!!
. Thank you so much!!! Should have checked spelling I reached Onederland today.

How much is everyone eating at this stage? My nut appt was rescheduled this last time and I'm just curious what everyone is doing? Thanks!

Hello

I'm doing great down 142 pounds from 3 weeks before my surgery. Just had my appointment and my nutrition is awesome. Just heard back from my nutritionist today. I'm still eating 4 oz. staying away from Water while eating has been difficult but I seem to have it almost down lol. I'm staying very active right now knees are sore but will be changing my workouts soon. I feel great overall!!

Hi, my name is Olivia and I am sixteen years old. I was sleeved June 25th of 2013 and this looked like a cool group. I have lost 78 pounds total, about 30 pre-op and the rest since the surgery. I have been consistently losing more than ten pounds a month however this last week i gained four pounds. It kind of freaked me out. I have been taking in more calories that my usual 700 lately but mostly not over 1000 and NEVER over 1300. It seemed to come on so fast.I usually exercise much more than I did this week due to bronchitis but it still seems like i should be at least maintaining at my calorie intake. Has this happened to anybody else?

Hi Olivia!

You are doing absolutely fantastic! Do NOT worry about the pounds gained because there are MANY factors that can contribute to that (water retention due to menstral cycle, Water rention in the muscles due to exercise, the body storing "energy" when you up your calories because you are usually in starvation mode, etc.). It sounds like you are doing everything that you are suppose to be doing. Do not let this stall make you doubt yourself or your journey. Good luck on your continued success!

How much is everyone eating at this stage? My nut appt was rescheduled this last time and I'm just curious what everyone is doing? Thanks!

I don't have a nut. I am eating less than 1200 cal a day. I feel very full when I eat a Beriwise Protein bar. I do not know how much I eat each time. I eat till I am feeling good but not full. I do eat a lot of fresh fruit, yogurt and cheese

I'm eating about 1200 cal a day which is the recommendation of my surgeons office. I'm losing about 7-8 pounds a month at this rate. I don't think I could dip too far below 1200 because I do feel hungry. Bummer!

Hi June sleevers!

Since I am not on Facebook, I can't join in but wanted to share some of the health benefits I have achieved! I know we all enjoy our new clothes and thinner shapes but the internal changes are really why we did this, right?

So, I was sleeved on June 19, am down 55 lbs, feel great, lab work showed a 9 point drop in BMI, triglycerides cut in half since pre op and total cholesterol down 45 points! All numbers going in the right direction!! Yay!