Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi-

I have been considering WLS for awhile. Always putting it off for so many reasons and letting other people's opinions inform mine. Enough already! I am doing this for myself. I want to be healthy. Stop with the aches and pains. I am on schedule for June14th...totally freaking out and excited. In honor of the journey, I am doing my first 5k on May 24th!

Hello from Denver, Colorado!

I am 40 years old, married, mother of one three-year-old daughter.

I have been fat my entire life, but my weight has gotten out of hand as I've gotten older. Earlier this year, I tore the meniscus in my knee - not fun. About three weeks later, I had to go to a conference for work and I had to use a mobility cart while at that conference. Seeing myself on that cart was a HUGE wake up call; I realized that if I didn't make a change, I would end up needing a similar cart a few years down the road...I called to schedule my initial seminar locally the day I got home from the conference.

My surgery is not covered by my health insurance, so I am going to Mexico where I can get sleeved for less than half of what the local surgeons/hospitals charge. My surgery is scheduled for June 21 with Dr. Ariel Ortiz.

I'm a 30 yr old mom of 2 amazing angels (heh, while they're asleep, anyway ;)) they're 4 & 5 with enviable energy. I live in NYC aka the land of never ending Subway stairs and I'm DONE with having that "I'm about to die" feeling every time I have to climb any one of those flights.

My oldest had been convinced I was having another baby (she made the connection from meeting prego parents of friends) and I think she's convinced her Kindergarten class that I am prego cuz every time I'm around her teacher goes out of her way to make sure I'm comfortable! (Hysterical, I know, but embarrassing just the same & I'm too ashamed to clear up the misunderstanding so I'm acting like I'm clueless! :ph34r: )

Still, the decision to have surgery happened years ago but due to a series of seemingly stupid, but surprisingly educational events it didn't happen sooner. My surgery date is June 24 and to say that I can hardly wait is the understatement of my LIFE! :D

I am a 56 year young retired Air Force TSgt working towards a healthy and active retirement hopefully in Hawaii around 2017. I had my sleeve surgery on Friday Jun 7th at Madigan Army Medical Center, and was back home on Monday afternoon the 10th. Having difficultly learning how to sip (I guess I've always gulped my drinks). Wife had to explain to me how to sip, still not natural for me. Starting this challenge at 450 with a goal of as close to 200 (if not just below) if I can get there. I literally want to be less than half the man I am today.

Allan C.

Our profiles are similar. I am 63 and my highest weight was 423# with a goal weight around 200#. Was sleeved on 6-4, lets follow each other's progress.

And I was a "gulper" from wayyyyy back!

Not that I'm trying to be competitive or anything, but you've got a three day head start...I weighed in at 421 yesterday when I took my shower (didn't take one this morning yet, wife hasn't woken up, it's only 5:50 here). Still in some pain like right now, that is what woke me up out of sleep. Will hit the med table in a few minutes when I feel a little better. Typing about all this is a form of therapy for me, calms me down and cuts through the pain. Obviously I've become a desk jockey, oh well live and learn.

Hehehe, I ain't racing... as a matter of fact I only weigh weekly to keep myself from going crazy. Pain's all gone, though I am still napping every day.

I'm going to try and stay away from the scale, tipped on end and put between the bed and my night stand. We'll see if that keeps me off the damn thing. After putting up with pain for months last year after my Kidney surgery, I ready for pain to be out of my life...

Hello all June sleevers!!! I'm so excited about our New journey and even more excited about finding this site & such supportive awesome people!!!

About myself.....

I'm a born and raised here in Sunny San Diego. Yes...more then half my life I lived in a bathing suit! **I was a Lifeguard**

Im 35 years young, A wife and mother of 4 fabulous kids. My youngest is a VERY energetic 3yr old boy.. Did I mention that he was 11 pounds 23 inch!!

I'm proud to say I'm a Longshoreman. Union Strong! My job away from home is very taxing.. Very physical.. Very exhausting... Lots of fumes, outdoor dirt and elements damaging to the skin...But I love my job:)

The reason I decided to make this change in life for myself and my family is back in 2/2009 I was hit by a co worker operating a forklift. I suffered several injuries. Seven months into my recovery I found out I was pregnant with my son. Between the injury and pregnancy I gained 60 ponds. After giving birth I underwent shoulder surgery due to the accident, and I was placed on a very stationary lifestyle. I finally recovered and returned to work with only about 15 pounds gone and quickly realized I needed to get back to my weight prior to the injury... After trying EVERYTHING under the sun besides simply not eating...I decided to look into lap band.. Well something about putting a foreign body into me didn't feel right so I looked into the sleeve! Now one week post op I'm super excited and glad that I made this decision! I'm feeling great and have a great support system here at home and now online. I look forward to getting back into the pool and teaching my little ones how to swim:)

Positive thoughts, Hugs, and Best wishes to ALL on our new journey<3

Howdy June sleevers, Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am 42 year old man with a very supportive and loving wife.

I had my surgery on June 25. I did the surgery because of multiple obesity complication which were making very difficult to loose weight. These complications were in the long run going to shorten my lifespan. So, I had to loose the weight for my family.

As of my one month from surgery, I had lost 29 pounds and another 30 from pre-surgery diet. So I am very happy about the weight-loss.

Hey y'all! I'm here in SC. Sleeved on June 12 and have frankly been too energetic and busy to be on the computer much! FINALLY!!! My BMI was barely over 40 at my initial consult, but had additional co-morbidities qualifying me for the surgery. There were other health problems that the weight was affecting too. (Pre-diabetic, FMS/CFS) Thankfully, I started having more energy rather quickly leading to a 40# post op weight loss. (see my ticker!) and I am **SOO** thankful for that extra energy! My 2 daughters, 11 and 13, have never seen me this active in their lives!

I wanna ask for info! I missed my six week appt and wondered what some of your biggest diet changes were.

Vsg fear

Hi, yes Im really starting to worry now as I start liquid diet tomorrow and due to be sleeved in 2 weeks. Just have so many "what if's" going through my head. If anyone has time some positive experiences with VSG would be greatly appreciated. Perth Australia male, age 37 bmi 36