Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best high protuen foods to eat

I eat alot of chicken breast...I bake it, cut it up then add a little fat free mayo and salt and pepper, or whatever spice I feel for the week. It does feel like a brick in my stomach but that it the point for me! It keeps me full with lots of protien and low carbs/cals. I eat alot of fish and turkey too. If I get my protien in first, I dont have room to munch on other things. I eat alot of poached eggs and greek yogurt too....plain with a packet of sweetner. At this point, my diet is pretty bland and alot of the same foods but I decided I have to to do this for awhile if I want to get to my goal. Once I am there, I will add other things. I went for a period of about 3 months at a standstill because I was not concentrating on protiens and I had the cravings for meals that everyone else in the house was eating. They were for the most part healthy but too many carbs and not enough protien. I will go back to that when I want to maintain. ( I hope this grand plan of mine works...so far so good, I broke the plateau)

Wow cool- what's it taste like' date=' like that??

I'm scared to eat! I'm 2 days shy of being 3 weeks out but I'm still doing liquids only with a yogurt sometimes and blackbeans with laughing cow cheese

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

They are more of a texture thing when they are cooked this way, very mild taste that's why I suggest extra firm and dry frying.. After you do this part then you can marinade them they will soak up any flavor! The ones I cooked today the family just munched on plain and with hummus.

And it's ok to go slow eating :) take your time and just introduce one new thing at a time, tofu may be not be on your menu for a couple of more weeks..

They are more of a texture thing when they are cooked this way' date=' very mild taste that's why I suggest extra firm and dry frying.. After you do this part then you can marinade them they will soak up any flavor! The ones I cooked today the family just munched on plain and with hummus.

And it's ok to go slow eating :) take your time and just introduce one new thing at a time, tofu may be not be on your menu for a couple of more weeks..

[/quote']

Cool thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

They are more of a texture thing when they are cooked this way' date=' very mild taste that's why I suggest extra firm and dry frying.. After you do this part then you can marinade them they will soak up any flavor! The ones I cooked today the family just munched on plain and with hummus.

[/quote']

Cool thanks

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Morningstar Farms Breakfast patties: 80 cals and 10 grams of Protein per patty. if you are a few months out you can probably eat two as a serving.

When you can...

I go to Costco' date='

I still drink a "premier" shake for breakfast 30 grams of Protein

"Kirkland premium extra lean all natural turkey burgers" 35 grams of Protein

And also trident seafoods "Alaskan salmon burgers" 20 grams of protein.

[/quote']

To follow up on Laura's response about costco, I also like to get chicken sausage and chicken patties. Both are high protein, low fat and low carb. There are two sizes of chicken sausage you can buy: 3 oz and 1 oz. the 3 oz is good for a standalone snack and the 1 oz is good with eggs for breakfast.

Here's a link with some suggestions:

http://lowcarbdiets....proteinfood.htm

Thank you for the link, it was very informational!

When you can...

I go to Costco' date='

I still drink a "premier" shake for breakfast 30 grams of Protein

[/quote']

Laura are the salmon burgers good, That's a great idea :)

Laura are the salmon burgers good' date=' That's a great idea :)[/quote']

I think they are! Easy too, my 11 year old son likes them better than turkey burgers because they are not so dry.

Nashuanutrition.com this cite may be life changeling for anyone looking for easy ways to get in large amounts of protein! I'm talking about oatmeal and hot chocolate with 15 grams per serving even juice! I highly suggest everyone check it out!.

Rebecca

Staffer try this cite great ideas Nashuanutrition .com amazing ideas

Backyard veggie burger 20gram Protein

Fiber one tortilla wrap 6gram Protein

Lowfat mayo

Katchup

Onion

cheese

Or black bean veggie burgertortillas

Tortilla wrap

Lowfat sour cream

Salsa

Lowfat Mexican cheese

Wow I didn't know they make Fiber one tortillas wraps! Im going to hv to look for those.

When you can...

I go to Costco' date='

I still drink a "premier" shake for Breakfast 30 grams of Protein

[/quote']

I got the salmon burgers and turkey burgers and they are amazing;) I already drink the premier shakes but has not tried the other items!! Go glad I did! Thanks for the suggestions.