Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had a scrambled egg white and a tiny piece of wheat sandwich thin not the whole thing and it went down fine, no discomfort. 5 min later I get that salivating mouth and up comes it all. What happened? Ive only vomitex 1 other time about a week out. Today Im 6 weeks.

I was never a big barfer before surgery, what the dillio?

The bread swelled in your sleeve....causing you to be to full, which intern causes the excess saliva, which made you hurl. Used to happen to me all the time. I know when to stop eating now so I don't salivate like that anymore.

You probably ate too much. Especially since you had a little bread. Six weeks out is still pretty early for bread. It takes awhile to learn how much our sleeves can handle and sometimes even though it goes down fine, it's still a tad more than what our tummies can take so it gets rid of it. Since you haven't had a lot of vomiting issues, I suspect you won't have this happen again as long as you're careful.

Ty yikes, most unpleasant

Sorry that happened to you. I'm worried about food coming up too! May I ask, why did you only have the egg what? I'm pre-surgery....so just wondering, are we not allowed to eat the yolk too or is it too hard to digest at first?

did you toast the sandwich thin really well? My surgeon's plan lets you try bread at 6 weeks but it needs to be thin and very, very well toasted. My RD told me that one lady kept trying to eat Flat-outs and was getting sick until she started cooking them first. I'm not really craving bread so I'm not going to go there, though I want to try it again eventually just to see if I can tolerate it. But it will definitely be toasted.

Sorry this happened to you--that has to be a very yucky feeling!

I am about 6 weeks out. I cannot eat bread yet. It just feels bad. I can eat crackers and pretzels and even Pepperidge Farm thin white bread if I toast it until there is no moisture left in it at all. Really is a bummer sometimes cause bread is my top fav food pre-sleeve. I could almost live on bread and butter. Which, of course, was the root of my problem. :)

I can eat bread now, but I prefer not to. I don't like how it makes me feel. Once in a while, I will make an exception. Toasted bread or crackers works better.

I'm 19 months out.