Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woman's Hospital--Louisiana

I am having my sleeve done by Drake Bellanger at Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge. I will be sleeved on March 25, and will update this thread with new information afterwards, but want to share the pre-surgery experience while it is fresh in my mind.

Katherine is the patient coordinator, and only works with bariatric patients at Woman's. she is fantastic: responds to emails at all hours, coordinates everything around my schedule, answers questions thoroughly, and is a very pleasant person.

The hospital itself is new, state-of-the-art, and immaculate.

The hospital hosts support groups weekly and boasts an affiliated fitness center that has programs specifically designed for bariatric patients.

Dr. Bellanger is a member of BLIS insurance. This means, for self-pay patients, any later complications are completely covered. Wow. He frequently gives talks for other surgeons and has surgeons from around the world come to see his technique.

Dr. Bellanger's office staff is wonderful and considerate, especially Pam, who is like the awesome aunt everyone loves.

I will update post-surgery for that experience.

I LUV Mrs. Pam!!!!

Can't wait to hear about your experience. I am also considering Woman's in BR. :)

still waiting for a post-surgery update from Joliebug...I set my surgery date today with Dr. Andrew Hargroder at Woman's Hospital--May 6...Mrs RRn, who is your surgeon?

still waiting for a post-surgery update from Joliebug...I set my surgery date today with Dr. Andrew Hargroder at Woman's Hospital--May 6...Mrs RRn, who is your surgeon?

I haven't even made an appointment anywhere yet! Lol

My original choice was Dr. Bisland in Thibodaux, LA (that's my town). But after talking to a few ppl on here, he seemed too expensive. I've been getting as many opinions and stories as I can about surgeons in the BR/NOLA area. After reading posts on here I found out about Dr. Borland in New Iberia, La -- now I'm leaning more towards him bc the price seems awesome, and I've heard some really great things about him. He advertises a price of $9800 (I'll be a self pay).... I'm actually calling his office tomorrow! Eeeekk!

Anyone in Lafayette Louisiana? My date will be may 28th...

May 6 in Baton Rouge

@tiger now you doing

hey, Aline...I just started a topic titled "I am worried" that sums up my current state...the surgery went very well, and Dr. Hargroder was awesome, as was the staff at Woman's Hospital--I can't imagine a better hospital in which to have surgery...I was fortunate to have very little post-surgery pain and haven't filled the pain med script I got...I am struggling to get in my liquids and Proteins, and having a little post-op depression...I am looking forward to being able to eat even one spoonful of real food

how about you? how are things with you (hint: I need some encouragement that things will get better!)

@Tiger...u hang in there, from all i read in there group its rough at first then get better. You have to remember Why you made the choice to take the journey, and go back and look at some old pic. I have mines on june 18, and my backup plan for the lows is to go back to my journey book and look at my goals to help me get thought the rough Patches. I wont know till i really go vit i have a plan in case...

Hi everyone! I am currently in my 3 month prep program for insurance and if everything is approved I will have surgery with Dr.Bellanger sometime early August.

I live in prarieville and im so excited to see other sleevers so close to home!

I hope to be able to follow this thread and keep up with you guys as yall are ahead of me in this journey!

great, LMarie...you can keep us company while you do your prep program :)

Well thanks for having me! ;) Have you heard any updates from joliebug?

And tigerbelle-

How are you feeling? I didn't realize your only a week postop!

How is everyone doing?