Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just about 2 weeks out and I can tell you it does get better. I can't help you with the hypoglycemia but know you are not alone. I felt the same way the first 10 days or so. I feel like my whole life and even my friends and families revolve around what I can eat or what I'm physically able to do. My friends did all of my usual driving and running the kids around, my husband picked up the housework and my kids felt like they didn't see me much because I was always in bed.

Things are picking up though for me and they will for you too!

Big hug!!

You aren't alone in the after surgery regret. I felt that way for about 3 weeks. Emotionally I was a mess but at least I was able to get in the liquids I needed. I'd lay down to sleep and the tape would start playing about all the reasons why it was a bad idea. I needed an rx to get my lights put out for a couple weeks.

I was on clears for 2 weeks and that was a serious drain on me, I got a lot better once I was able to push full liquids and I'm hoping for better once I start transitioning to soft food in a couple weeks time.

Are you on full liquids? I wouldn't beat yourself up too badly for not getting the 64oz in, most days I don't manage it but I get to about 50-55oz..which was about what I was at pre op, so I can't really argue w/ that.

I know it's hard to hear patience when you're tired of feeling like crap but it does take time, it was major surgery, and it's no real surprise that 9 days after having most of your stomach cut out you feel like shi!t. But that doesn't mean it was a mistake and it doesn't mean this hasn't been worth doing.

I hope you feel better soon, many hugs to you!

Oh, Amytug, I'm sorry u feel so badly. I remember feeling that way. Like others have said, it will get better. Hang in there. I was miserable too and now I am so thankful that I was sleeved. My one year surgiversary is tomorrow! I'm down 106 pounds and love it. Hugs!!

I was able to have thinned Cream of Wheat from day 3 on. I make it with Water, but add extra milk to it to make it runny. This was on my list of allowed Full Liquids. It's a better choice than having your blood sugar bottom out!

Sending prayers, thoughts and hugs your way! You will begin to feel better soon. In the beginning there is so much to deal with. Life does stabilize ... it will get better promise and it does get easier! Best Wishes Tina

Thanks for reaching out friends. I really dislike being the whiner and really never thought I would be, but I guess noone is immune.

I KNOW I will get better and I'm positive that I'll live my sleeve once I'm in a better place. I'm just scared.

Especially with not getting my fluids in now because sleeve is aggravated. I get Migraines fast when I don't drink enough. I do not need a Migraine. Sigh.

Hopefully things will look up tomorrow. And I'm going to have dh get glucose tabs after work tomorrow.

Thanks again. (Hug)

You are not alone! I went through as well 5 weeks post op, if I was offered a "way out" I would have jumped on it!!! I did my homework pre op and thought I was ready for the waves of emotions that came crashing on me. Today my only regret : I did not do it sooner. Be patient, allow your self time to adjust and heal. Big hugs my dear :wub: !!!!

You are not alone Amy. Hang in there. I'm a new post op too and I've been so exhausted and sad at times it surprised me because I really wanted this surgery. I'm praying my way through my rough days and will pray for you as well.

I did end up seeing a therapist because the emotional swing was so bad and caught me so off guard. He told me something at least a little helpful. He said I was grieving and that it was ok to grieve the loss of food, of being able to binge on food and using it as a means to bond w/ my family. He said eventually you have to move it towards acceptance of what happened and start focusing on the things you still have and who you are becoming and only then will the grief end.

I think I was like a lot of people, ready to make the next 10 years different from the last ten of always planning my life around my next meal. But as ready as I was I was not expecting that I would grieve for what I lost because for so long it was the thing that has kept me from living a full life and brought me such personal pain.

(((((HUGS))))

I will be 2 weeks out tomorrow and still struggling to get 64 oz. in. It is unnerving most times because I know that is why I am lethargic. I try to start early so I can get everything in. Friday and Saturday were successful days but today not so much!

I would contact your Surgeon's office to make them aware. Maybe they will advance you to the next phase a bit early.

Okay, I hope I'm not speaking too soon, bit I THINk Ive reached a small turning point. I seem to be feeling good after eating this fudge sickle (thank you fudge sickle, for filling my My tiny tummy a little bit) and I've felt really good today.

It got warm outside and I hear the children playing out there because the windows are open. <3. I see the light.

Okay' date=' I hope I'm not speaking too soon, bit I THINk Ive reached a small turning point. I seem to be feeling good after eating this fudge sickle (thank you fudge sickle, for filling my My tiny tummy a little bit) and I've felt really good today.

It got warm outside and I hear the children playing out there because the windows are open. <3. I see the light.

[/quote']

So glad you had a good day and that each one is better and better!