Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And I'll sound like a crazy person, but I regret the sirgery at the current time. I wouldn't, if I could figure out how to manage this hypoglycemia. I feel like I'm going to just pass out and I am supposed I get the kids ready for school.

I'm only 9 days out so I can't just whip up some cream of wheat. And how he heck do you STILL get your 64 oz liquids with all the waiting? I feel like I'm living by the damned clock and like I could pass out at any minute.

At this point, I can see the future. It looks pretty good. But right in this very moment, the one where my tummy feels right because it didnt agree with something, it's been an hour and I don't think I'll be able to fit in Water now because its throwing a temper tantrum. My entire existence is sleeve. My temper is short, I have SIX children to care for. I'm failing that and I am scared of his hypoglycemia. How do I get it under control?

So today? I regret it. At least this afternoon I do. Never thought I'd say that.

Please hug me, send prayers etc. I keep crying (hormones I know) and I feel weak physically and psychologically.

I will send prayers for your strength, patience, and reconfirmation that this was a good choice for you.

I don't blame you for feeling that way. You sound like you've really got your plate full. In my 1st weeks post-op, I didn't worry about getting in the suggested Water and Protein. I just did what I could and slowly I built up what I was taking in.

I'm single with no one to worry about but myself. I was extremely weak and tired for the 1st month, so I can't imagine what you're going through.

Amy, it's overwhelming because this is time consuming. Get yourself a timer and get yourself on a schedule. Set the timer to alert you 30 mins to drink. Prepare your meals in advance, It's a pain in the butt, but you will need to do this until you've mastered everything. This too will pass.......

Hi Amy,

Sorry you are going thru but this too shall pass.... I know it may be a bit overwhelming and scary not being able to be in control but it will get better. The first month for me was shaky, scary, and no energy no matter how much i slept. I honestly started to feel normal maybe by week 7. If possible maybe someone can help with the children until you feel stronger. My prayers are with you and may you find peace, serenity, and joy in the morning! Be blessed

TD41

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! All of us newbies are struggling in our own way. Depend on God's strength to get you through. It will get better. Give it a couple more weeks, I know the time is going by slow right now but that will change too.

Amy... Go get some glucose tablets at pharmacy. If your sugar is bottoming out you needs carbs or sugars! They are only about 1.50 per tube and are chewable. You can also have apple juice (nonconcentrate) mixed with some Water if too sweet.

What you are experiencing is common. In a week you will start feeling better.

Hey amy...sorry things are a bit tough for you right now. Can you figure out some small things to change to help a little until youre more solid with your eating? Can someone maybe swing by in the evening to get the kids clothes laid out for the next day? Can you manage to get down part of a prepared shake first thing in the morning to get some nourishment going? Its gotta be tough having so much on your plate so soon after surgery and i am really sorry for that. As far as your hypoglycemia, try to stick with gatorade and not resort to a sugary fruit juice so your sugar wont spike then crash. My doc swithed me from g2 to straight gatorade for that one week until my energy leveled out. Above all, be kind to yourself. You dont have to do it perfectly. Just do what you can and add to it the next day. Hope things improve soon. Hopefully someone else will have some ideas too and you can choose what you think will work best. Take care.

Don't know if this is good advice or bad but a half a teaspoon of honey has warded of a couple of my blood sugar drops.

I felt the same way. In fact, I was in the ER last night with a heart rate so high I don't even want to mention it. I flipped out in the ER. I was crying. Dehydrated and for the first time a doctor said by the looks of my labs I'm anorexic. They ruled out a blood clot thank God & the second they ran fluids on me I felt immediately better. It was amazing. I still feel exhausted today. I haven't been sleeping well either. I constantly wonder how I'm ever going to get enough in to nourish my body. Thankfully, my two week follow up appointment is Wednesday. I felt so horrible - dizzy, my heart was beating out of my chest, faint, shortness of breath - the whole shebang. Anyways, I hope you feel better, but I do know what you are going through and commend you because although I don't have children to worry about - I know how scary it feels. I've been crying for a few days now.

I hope you feel better soon...and it does get better!

And I'll sound like a crazy person' date=' but I regret the sirgery at the current time. I wouldn't, if I could figure out how to manage this hypoglycemia. I feel like I'm going to just pass out and I am supposed I get the kids ready for school.

I'm only 9 days out so I can't just whip up some cream of wheat. And how he heck do you STILL get your 64 oz liquids with all the waiting? I feel like I'm living by the damned clock and like I could pass out at any minute.

At this point, I can see the future. It looks pretty good. But right in this very moment, the one where my tummy feels right because it didnt agree with something, it's been an hour and I don't think I'll be able to fit in Water now because its throwing a temper tantrum. My entire existence is sleeve. My temper is short, I have SIX children to care for. I'm failing that and I am scared of his hypoglycemia. How do I get it under control?

So today? I regret it. At least this afternoon I do. Never thought I'd say that.

Please hug me, send prayers etc. I keep crying (hormones I know) and I feel weak physically and psychologically.[/quote']

I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly. :-(. I am going into my 6th week post op and am just now turning a huge corner. I had good and bad days, but a lot of bad days due to nausea. I can't even imagine taking care of 6 kids while feeling so awful.

I don't have a lot of advice except that you need to take it one day at a time and know that it WILL get better. Hugs.

At this point fluids are the most important, if your not getting your fluids you'll get sicker. I had to go get re hydrated in the beginning. It will make you feel so much better. As for the low sugars, I used the sugar tabs and watched my sugars a lot closer. Room temp Powerade watered down worked great. Tummy didn't like cold stuff, now I'm good with it all. Trust in The Lord!