Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 mos Post Op & Beyond!

I don't consider myself a newbie anymore & I don't consider myself a vet yet. Guess I'm stuck in that rather odd stage like a kid in middle school. I hope that I've helped some of the newbies & I hope I've learned some lessons from the vets :)

Well, my 6 mos Surgiversary was March 4th (hard to believe)....

I am proud to announce my 56 lb weight loss & hitting my goal, plus losing an 3 extra pounds, bringing my weight to 121. I am in a size 5/6 pants & Med shirt. Best of all, I feel GREAT!

I am sad the honeymoon phase is over & that I am now in the next phase- Maintenance!!! I seem to fluctuate 2 pounds up & back down again (I hate yo-yo'ing) I have not lost any additional weight in weeks, UGH! I truly hate stalls but my Dr thinks my body has reached a place it's happy with. If that's the case, then I'm going to have to be happy with it, but I'm not!!!

So, I would like to hear from others who are 6 mos out or beyond. Are you happy with your success so far? Disappointed in your loss? What are you eating at this point? Do you change it up? Getting all your fluids and Protein in? So many questions, so much to still learn.

121 & size 5-6 sounds awesome to me, what do you want??

My own personal goal, I would like to be 115 but 121 is awesome (don't get me wrong). I'm shaped like an apple, small framed, and have an apron....I know, most of us do. A lot of it is my own perception of what I see in the mirror (something I'm working on). To me, I feel like I'm still carrying that extra 5-10 pounds in my gut. I work out 3-5 times a week but I'm trying for the first time, in a long time, to be happy with me.

I'm coming up on 6 months as well on 3/14. I'm down 58 lbs with 20 or so to go. I have been in a stall for a bit so I'm trying to be patient. I have gone down 4 sizes in pants and am currently in a 10 and a M shirt. I absolutely love my sleeve. I still try to follow all the rules, which now is sort of a no brainer on what to order out, or cook at home. I eat Protein first, then veggies or fruits, drink Water all day long and try to listen to my body. I have also found that it is ok if I'm taking my kids to the movies and want to have a treat to have some popcorn, only I pop my own 100 calorie bag and take it in a ziploc in my purse! LOL. I can definitely eat a little more now 4 to 6 oz. so I try to put dense Protein in when I am temped to graze!

I think the hardest thing for me has been more psychological. I was not really even aware how people treated me when I was heavy until now that I am not! Also, some days I still struggle with what I see in the mirror and have to remind myself of how far I have come in only 6 months! My advice to anyone just beginning on this jouney would have to be to plan, plan, plan, log everything in something like myfitnesspal, because sometimes your brain tells you one thing and it helps to see that you really only ate 700 calories today! Also, to just be patient and stay on course!

My own personal goal, I would like to be 115 but 121 is awesome (don't get me wrong). I'm shaped like an apple, small framed, and have an apron....I know, most of us do. A lot of it is my own perception of what I see in the mirror (something I'm working on). To me, I feel like I'm still carrying that extra 5-10 pounds in my gut. I work out 3-5 times a week but I'm trying for the first time, in a long time, to be happy with me.

I understand, sorry...my response came across a little judgmental & I didn't mean it that way. I was just curious what your goal was. You should be proud of your achievement so far! Have you tried the Diva bootcamp? It just may help you loose that last few lbs! Good luck..I can't wait to be in your shoes!

Our stats are nearly identical, but my surgery weight was 186, have lost 65 lbs. I now weigh 121 as well! and wear 5/6 pants. I'm 5'3" and am 6 months out as of feb 29th...

HI all, I dont get on the website much but I am feeling the need for some reason lately. I am 9 months out and i am down from 236 (day i came home from surgery on June 10) to 159. While i know that i am much smaller (was a 22/24 and now am in about a 10/12) I agree that is is what i am seeing in the mirror that bothers me. I know that I have lost a lot so far, but the weeks of not loosing are so ANNOYING!!! I just started running in hopes that it will get rid of my last 30 pounds or so quicker! I love my sleeve and would not change anything, I just wish I was at the end of this already!!!

Best of luck to all!!!

Taking control- I just wanted to say thank you for not being judgmental....I just didn't want you to think I wasn't happy at 121.

Great job!!