Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feb 2013 sleevers weigh in

I am needing some advice from fellow sleevers. I have gone back to work taking care of a gentleman. This man has so much junk food in his house all of which i would have binged on till i was sick. Cookies chips and pop and the list just goes from there. Not only does he have all this food he eats all the time. Watching him makes me physicologically want to stuff my face. Im not even hungry but i wanna munch munch munch. Ive quit losing weight still losing inches but no weight. Is this situation one that i need to leave or conquer.

I think this is a situation you need to conquer unless your employer mistreats you. My family has junk food around the house all the time but I am not in the least bit interested in indulging. This is a mental thing that you can overcome. If not by yourself then maybe through therapy. The old me would have sat around the family room watching tv with my family and eating junk food but not now. If you say you are not hungry, then try to divert your thoughts and attention to something else. If the urge grows so strong you can't resist find a replacement. Try having a yogurt, sugar free pudding for the sweet and string cheese for the savory. Maybe you can even offer your employer something healthy, and who knows maybe he'll like it and change a bit. I wish you luck in your struggle with this issue.

Sent from my iPad using VST

The problem is i have to physically fed it to him. And i work 12 hours on overnight so i hqve no way to divert myself. I can do everything needing done in a shift and im back sitting in the kitchen bored feeding him by midnight. I have junk food at home but i dont want it there. I make the kids mac and cheese and i eat a piece of meat. But watching him eat all my trigger foods

I think this is a situation you need to conquer unless your employer mistreats you. My family has junk food around the house all the time but I am not in the least bit interested in indulging. This is a mental thing that you can overcome. If not by yourself then maybe through therapy. The old me would have sat around the family room watching tv with my family and eating junk food but not now. If you say you are not hungry' date=' then try to divert your thoughts and attention to something else. If the urge grows so strong you can't resist find a replacement. Try having a yogurt, sugar free pudding for the sweet and string cheese for the savory. Maybe you can even offer your employer something healthy, and who knows maybe he'll like it and change a bit. I wish you luck in your struggle with this issue.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

The guy is my patient but i can divulge more to explain better due to hippa

I completely understand HiPAA laws and medical confidentiality laws. Good luck to you. It sounds like you have quite a situation. However, I hope all works out for you in the end.

I completely understand HiPAA laws and medical confidentiality laws. Good luck to you. It sounds like you have quite a situation. However' date=' I hope all works out for you in the end.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Thank you. I have thought about therapy for it so that i can understand why i have problems at work but can resist at home

Just got done at my 3 month check up...was actually more like 3mo & 12 day check up and my official weight loss is 58 lbs!

Amazing, I was sleeved on 2/22. Our weight loss (from the day of surgery) is almost

identical! I am down 57 lbs as of last Friday. My three month check-up (3 months and 2 weeks) is this Saturday. Please keep me posted!

I was sleeved February 20th, I'm down a total of 81lbs. (24 before surgery and 57 after) No more blood pressure meds, met my 1st goal of 199lbs., no longer wear plus size clothes and I feel amazing!!! Everyone on here should be proud of themselves....all this hard work pays off!

I am very excited. I feel like i've gotten my life back. Not only has my weight loss given me more confidence in myself, oddly enough I created a new goal of saving money. I know, I know, I know those two things seem to not have anything in common but when I was bigger, I spent a lot on fast food and went out with friends and family to constantly have dinner. Now, I don't find it too fun going out to eat so I go to the park with my 9 year old son and we walk or jog all while saving money. I looked at my bank account and realized that I was spending an average of $610.00 on restaurants per month and that doesn't include groceries! So now I have made it a goal to put the money I would have been spending on food into my savings account. I am amazed at how fast it adds up. My kids are no longer allowed to ask for Mcdonalds etc. I made home made cooked meals for them everyday and I only buy what I need on that day rather than filling up a cart food of groceries.

I come to this forum because I love to hear everyone's stories. I get excited when I hear someone is about to go into surgery. Even if I don't them personally, I feel like I do. We all have something in common and can relate. :)

Sleeved 2/19 and I am now down 70lbs as of last Friday.

Sleeved 02/26/2013

SW:232

CW:188

Down 44 pounds

Went from an 18-20 pants to a 14

3x shirt to an XL

NSV: exercising with ease, crossing my legs, losing my stomach oh I could just go on and on! Best decision I ever made!

Congrats SweeTee!!

I am very excited. I feel like i've gotten my life back. Not only has my weight loss given me more confidence in myself' date=' oddly enough I created a new goal of saving money. I know, I know, I know those two things seem to not have anything in common but when I was bigger, I spent a lot on fast food and went out with friends and family to constantly have dinner. Now, I don't find it too fun going out to eat so I go to the park with my 9 year old son and we walk or jog all while saving money. I looked at my bank account and realized that I was spending an average of 610.00 on restaurants per month and that doesn't include groceries! So now I have made it a goal to put the money I would have been spending on food into my savings account. I am amazed at how fast it adds up. My kids are no longer allowed to ask for Mcdonalds etc. I made home made cooked meals for them everyday and I only buy what I need on that day rather than filling up a cart food of groceries.

I come to this forum because I love to hear everyone's stories. I get excited when I hear someone is about to go into surgery. Even if I don't them personally, I feel like I do. We all have something in common and can relate. :)[/quote']

U go. Ur not only changing ur lifestyle but ur kids as well. I am rooting for u

February sleevers we are doing great!!! I love checking back on this forum and seeing how far we have all gotten! If its 20 lbs or 80 lbs, we all have made great accomplishments from being able to walk around the block without being winded to getting off our meds. I love that I have somewhere to brag about all the silly stuff I can do now and have another person really understand!

Feel so left in the dust...everyone is loosing so much that was sleeved the same time as me..yet I am in stall at 47 pounds lost since being sleeved 2-27...

Feel so left in the dust...everyone is loosing so much that was sleeved the same time as me..yet I am in stall at 47 pounds lost since being sleeved 2-27...

I had the dreaded three week stall that lasted about two weeks and have lost 45 pounds since 2/12. And 47 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It is all relative!

I am happy with my 1.5 to 2 pound average per week. Because this time..it is gone for good!

I've been stalled for over 3 weeks now - getting frustrated. At least I have lost 54 lbs since surgery on 2/12.