Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. between my 2 weeks pre op diet and first week post op I lost 18 lbs. it'll be 2 weeks on Wednesday since I lost 18 lbs and I've only lost 1 lb! What's going on?!! I'm so discouraged !!

Don't worry!!!!! The exact same thing happened to me. I asked my surgeon he said it was 100% normal. The body loses weight, then it needs to stabilize at that weight before it starts losing again. I have started losing again now but I didn't for about 2 weeks. You will start again too don't worry

Drink your Water. And if you can realize that the healthiest way to lose weight is 1 to 2 pounds per week - you will be so much happier. You will lose it faster - but if you set your mind up to be happy with 1 or 2 pounds per week- your state of mind will be better. I promise!

Congratulations, your body is normal and just like everyone else's! You will not ever lose 18lbs every week. Bodies react differently and some people lose consistenly and some people have bigger weeks and smaller weeks. Everyone has stalls. At first, everyone freaks out because of their stall. This is just one of many as you begin this journey. It'll pass and another one will hit a few weeks/months after, and it'll pass too. Just keep following your post op plan and have faith that the tool you chose will help you get the results your desire!

I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and I had a 3 week stall. I thought I was going to lose my mind and then suddenly this week I lost 8 lbs. Just be patient. I knew I would have these stalls but they are so annoying. Take it easy on yourself. It will happen.

Thank you! How steady is your weight loss now that it started again?

It changes all the time for me. Sometimes I lose 5lbs a week sometimes 2lbs. But I'm always losing everyday so I'm happy. You should expect to have stalls, pretty much everyone does and my surgeon and nut say its very normal

I lost 10 lbs pre-op week and then 16 the week after surgery. I then stalled. Picked up my Water intake and finally lost a lb this week. Most people state they get a stall at week#3, but I got mine at week #1. Hopefully things will pick up shortly for me.

I am 21 days today, last week lost zero and even gained 8 ounces, I upped my Water yesterday to 40 ounces and had ground beef for first time, lost 1 pounds 4 ounces this am. going to eat the exact same thing today and see what happens, I hate the scale, but I do feel smaller and 2 people mentioned my face looked slimmer. so I am happy about that. I started soft foods yesterday. Good luck

Yes my clothes are feeling much better and I can notice myself getting smaller. I just obsess about the number on the scale. Idk whether or not to start exercising yet. I will be 3 weeks post op on Friday.

Anyone know when I can start going on bike rides? yea... I'll ask my Dr, but I was curious what others were told.

Took my bike to the shop yesterday for a tuneup. I'm ready to roll!

Yes my clothes are feeling much better and I can notice myself getting smaller. I just obsess about the number on the scale. Idk whether or not to start exercising yet. I will be 3 weeks post op on Friday.

Talk to the dr... Of course... But u can walk now I think that may be it....

Sent from my iPhone using VST