Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new addiction anyone?

My husband and kids bought me Keurig last year for Mother's Day. I miss my coffee. My dr. actually allows regular coffee 2 weeks post/op. but I have been sleeping better than ever...so I hAven't started back up. I do drink a Decaf once in awhile.

This too was my journey too Nashville and the Austin City Limits!

I still like rock, but I know every word to every Miranda Lambert hit. :)

Mine too...I now weirdly like Country music, was originally a rock chick through and through....now I got some room for country twang :)

Hmh. I drink a lot more herbal tea now and in the winter I drink a lot of sugar free hot apple cider. Exercise is the same for me, but a lot easier without the extra 100+ pounds. I still don't like shopping. Still addicted to a nighttime snack before bed too.

Lynda

There was a whole forum dedicated to the cross over addiction topic actually!

For me, I noticed a darker cross over addiction- I became more of a drinker. I have no stopped almost entirely, because I've started to respond to alcohol with bizzarre light headedness and vertigo for a week after. It's important to recognize that though you removed the stomach, you did not remove the emotional issues that caused you to eat to excess. They can easily manifest themselves in the form of other addictions and compulsive behaviors.

Perhaps the lighthearted nature of my post was obscured by the seriousness of the title....

But I really do like my coffee and CW music. :). It is kinda weird to go from Morning Edition on NPR to Eric Church, Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert etc.

There was a whole forum dedicated to the cross over addiction topic actually!

For me' date=' I noticed a darker cross over addiction- I became more of a drinker. I have no stopped almost entirely, because I've started to respond to alcohol with bizzarre light headedness and vertigo for a week after. It's important to recognize that though you removed the stomach, you did not remove the emotional issues that caused you to eat to excess. They can easily manifest themselves in the form of other addictions and compulsive behaviors.[/quote']

I have become an attention *****. I soak up praise and admiration like a sponge. I guess it's because I was invisible for so many years. Go ahead and laugh (300#+ and invisible!), but I know y'all know what I mean.

And to make me sound even more debase (coffee addiction..pfft), I'm addicted to sex. Thank God only with my husband, but still! I wasn't that way before. As a matter of fact, I detested it. I could gag thinking about it. Now I'm like RAWR all the time. I never get tired of it. *hangs head in shame* my poor husband wishes I liked coffee...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Color. I used to be all about the black. I still like black, but now I WILL be caught dead leaving the house wearing pink, red, yellow or any mix of prints and stripes. The crazier the better! Color has to do with how I want to be seen. I still wear black when Im feeling like I don't want to be so visible...or I fear not being taken seriously. I also walk a lot more. I took up bird watching which takes me to the river, I started to "monitor" the outer edges of the school I work at...I walk the perimeter every day at least once....isn't it a sign of addiction if you sneak your object of addiction?...if anyone asks, I'm just looking out for vagrant students!

Mmmmm.......call me crazy, but I get a sick sense of satisfaction graphing my weight loss! I have to get on the scale every day and log it into excel. Love watching the trend line :) Actually, I know some will call me crazy, so just think it and don't say it. I also am enjoying shopping a lot, but trying to restrain since I have a long way to go. Oh, and of course, VST.

lol yes I have a new addiction.. omg its sugar free popsicles...

I'm afraid I struggle with booze as I can still drink. I used to drink too much before. Wine and eBay and Shoes are my nemesis. I think I have some degree of OCD too.

coffee is my addiction. At first it was click Protein espresso I just love it. But now I just brew coffee every morning for my husband and sneak a cup for me.

I drink coffee almost every day. However, I do not look at it really as an addiction. I am a Seatlelite after all! I really enjoy having coffee now, almost even more post op then pre op. Usually a cup every day and a latee on the weekend. Love picking a grande up in the SB drive thru

I have the same issue as Jane_J, i have been drinking way too much. I am working on it tho, I want to get to my goal, only 18 lbs to go! I havent lost in 6 months because of my wine drinking. I am slowly weaning myself, it is starting to work and I feel better too!

i'm not addicted. Today i am HUNGRY!!! No matter what I stuff down my throat, it doesnt make me LESS hungry. Now granted, this is coming off of a "sugar" high since I overindulged over the weekend on kettle corn, donuts, etc (Local community fair/event!)

Seriously!!! Protein in, lots of it, and it's not helping! :mellow: Yep, you say, "you did that to yourself!" And yep, I did, but BOY, am I ravenously hungry. Have done well and refrained from junk today NSV to me! ;)

I'm finding myself buying a lot of TV's lately on ebay. I just bought a 50" Samsung with wifi and I really want to put it in the front room but my hubby will oppose due to some stupid big TV cabinet we have that it won't fit in. LOL But I am thinking about putting it above the fireplace and removing the cabinet anyways........It will make my front room look so much more spacier......Oh and couches, I am collecting couches......Of all things.......I need to stop this.....LOL It is still better than eating, just more expensive. :)