Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new addiction anyone?

Mine is coffee. So far I have hidden the extent of my depravity from loved ones. I see different baristas so none of them are the wiser. I even brew at home... who really notices if it is one cup or three?

I make light of this but I find it curious how much I want coffee ! I used to take it black, now I need cream and sweetener. I used to have a few cups in the morning now I have to tell myself NO even in the afternoons or else I would drink it all day long! I have heard of addiction transference ...

Also, I suddenly stopped listening to NPR and now only listen to country or rock music.

I might be going over the edge!

Mine is running! Love to run 5k, 10k, HIIT and am now just starting on longer distances ( next goal is to do a 1/2). i hope another addiction will also be cross fit soon.

By the way, I love coffee also and like to have a cup a day during the week or a grande size latte on the weekend.

I am hooked on spinning right now. I wish I could run.... Ruined knee.

The difference is I can go a few days without cycling....lol.... coffee NOT

I know what's with the coffee? ?? I drank it everyday BLACK loved it, I sit here right now drinking my coffee with sugar and milk....

Oh and the NPR for country?? I haven't fallen off the edge that far yet! *shivers* 0_o

But I've been really digging the rock classics lately (stones, zeppelin, etc)

I know what's with the coffee??? I drank it everyday BLACK loved it' date=' I sit here right now drinking my coffee with sugar and milk....

Oh and the NPR for country?? I haven't fallen off the edge that far yet! *shivers* 0_o

But I've been really digging the rock classics lately (stones, zeppelin, etc)[/quote']

Yes, isn't that strange how our music tastes change. I was never into rock pre sleeve and now listen to it on the radio and while working out. Honestly, I was mostly into classical, new age, instrumental and world music (mostly Irish and Scottish) pre sleeve and, in fact, hated rock of all forms. I am scratching my head why there was such a change, but oh well, for the better. I really missed out on a lot of good music growing up (80s, 90s, last decade) and am now catching up. Go figure. I am now really into the progressive and alternative rock groups.

Yes there are cross over addictions. But coffee is a great cross over and so is exercising, except in excess. My addiction has become chili peanuts. I don't know if it's the chili peanuts ore the salt in them. What I do know is that it's caused a 3-4 lb weight fluctuation and those little bulgars have a lot of calories.... 280 calories... Yikes.... I am so wanting to get my exercise addiction going. LOL :)

Yes' date=' isn't that strange how our music tastes change. I was never into rock pre sleeve and now listen to it on the radio and while working out. Honestly, I was mostly into classical, new age, instrumental and world music (mostly Irish and Scottish) pre sleeve and, in fact, hated rock of all forms. I am scratching my head why there was such a change, but oh well, for the better. I really missed out on a lot of good music growing up (80s, 90s, last decade) and am now catching up. Go figure. I am now really into the progressive and alternative rock groups.[/quote']

Radiohead is my favorite band! Oh and "the dead can dance" toward the within" album is great music to trance out on during exercise....

Shoes? Shopping? I love it now and cannot wait to get this little baby out so I can get back to goal weight and buy some new clothes!

I HATED shopping for clothes and only owned two or three pairs of shoes prior to surgery. Pretty soon I'll be competing with my husband for closet space. :)

But really, it's not an addiction. I'm not out of control and I don't have to shop. In fact, just doing an online version of window shopping is pretty satisfying, even without buying anything.

I also listen to completely different music now - pretty mellow and relaxed music instead of angry rock music - and I find that it's mostly because I'm happy and want my music to reflect that.

I suppose I could say that I transferred my desire to eat food into a desire to create food...that I then feed to other people. :) In my normal life (ie when I'm not living in transition without my husband and preparing to have a baby) I bake several days a week and I entertain on a small scale several times a month and on a large scale (20-40 guests) about once a month. That's new and something I never did prior to surgery. It's also kind of stressful for me but incredibly rewarding and enjoyable, too.

If only I'd been able to cultivate a transfer addiction to exercise, though. I'm a small person and in good shape but I secretly dream of being super fit. Ain't gonna happen, though!

~Cheri

I am with Cheri!

Shoes, specifically boots for me. Now I have normal sized calves, I cant stop buying the damn things.

And the saddest thing is since I broke my ankle at the beginning of the year I have barely been able to wear them :( (as most a heels and that dont go so well at the moment).

I also like to cook, keep feeding everyone...I live alone so there is always way too much food. My workmates mainly benefit from this over cooking.

One could argue that I moved to alcohol, as I mostly want to drink rather than eat when things get bad, but am a lush at 3 drinks...so not really happening there either.

Never been able to get into the coffee thing at all...

Steeped Tea from Tim Horton's. 2 milk, 3 splenda and 50 calories that make my day wonderful! I knew it was becoming a problem when I slipped walking into work (we had gotten a foot of snow last Monday and then it melted making for treacherous conditions), slipped and spilled the whole thing. I went into my office and cried for 20 minutes. I got another one eventually, but I was devastated.

You might like http://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/ a forum all about that magical beverage.

I'm obsessed.

But I don't want my music tastes to change! I love me some Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen!

:-(

Amanda Rae

But I don't want my music tastes to change! I love me some Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen!

:-(

Amanda Rae

Mine too...I now weirdly like Country music, was originally a rock chick through and through....now I got some room for country twang :)

My wife is a coffee roaster, so I can't blame my sleeve for that 'bad' habit!

I have a couple of espresso in the morning with a slurp of milk. When I'm at work I use a hario to make coffee. It's my latest toy and really handy.

On the weekend I have the espresso in the morning and then during the day I use a chemex.

I think I have issues!! :P

As far as post op additctions go I'd say Crossfit.

I'd been going on and off for 2 years pre op. I liked it, but being a BFB (big fat ba$tard) I felt like I had to go.

Now I have a different relationship with training. I don't do it because I HAVE to. I do it because I love it. It's a completely different dynamic :)