Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am flying in this Thursday. Surgery on Friday (3/15). And I have no idea how to pack for this. I am a tried and true over-packer. I don't want my suitcase to be too heavy, but I also don't want to forget something important. And what kind of clothes should I pack? Shoes? What will I even want to wear? Are there any good tips that anyone has about stuff I should bring with me? Maybe something that you were glad you took or something that you wish you had packed? I am having a packing crisis.

I am flying in this Thursday. Surgery on Friday (3/15). And I have no idea how to pack for this. I am a tried and true over-packer. I don't want my suitcase to be too heavy' date=' but I also don't want to forget something important. And what kind of clothes should I pack? Shoes? What will I even want to wear? Are there any good tips that anyone has about stuff I should bring with me? Maybe something that you were glad you took or something that you wish you had packed? I am having a packing crisis.[/quote']

Don't over pack! Lol I'm dealing with this now!!

I over packed and went shopping so I have more stuff.. Enough to fill up another bag lol ugh..

If I could change I'd just brought..

Gas x strips (life saver)

Just phone(didn't need iPad 2 lol)

Pair of pj's / during the hospital stay its easier to use their gowns. (Didn't need 2 pair)

1 outfit to wear shopping (loose)

1 outfit to wear home (loose) for some odd reason I packed 2.smh

Underwear for each day

Lip balm (life saver)

Socks

Small Pocket book with the usual..

Lotion

Body wash or bar of soap

Toothbrush &toothpaste

Heating pad( helped first night after that didn't use it)

I'm told you're not going to need much. If you're flying you may need more then others. I am going to wear something very loose like a dress to the hospital so that I can just wear it home again. I'll be in a hospital gown for my stay so that and undergarments are the only clothes I will have. I'm told not to wear a night gown there unless you don't mind possibly getting blood and such on it. Nope I'm going to want my gown to be clean when I get home.

I am going to bring a small firm pillow to put on my stomach when moving and especially to put under the seat belt in the car. Not going to want the seat belt up against my incisions.

I'm told I won't need my computer or MP3 player, but I am a writer and avid listener of music when I am laying in bed sooo, I am going to just in case. I will bring my toothbrush and hairbrush. My hospital provides toothpaste, Shampoo, soap, lotion etc. My phone is a must with charger.

I am not flying. When will you be flying back? Pack lite. Your not going to want to have to lift anything heavy.

Oh! I forgot Gas X, Lip Balm and a heating pad!!

Thanks for the help! I think I had about 3 times that much stuff that I thought I would need! I'm flying back on 3/19. My grandma is going with me and while she is by no means "old" or "frail" in any way, I don't want her to have to lug my suitcase around along with her own things on the way back. I'm going to have to make myself a very short and precise packing list and stick to it. This may be more challenging than the liquid diet!!! Haha

Loose pants (belly button might be sore) & top for flight home, few pairs undies, pajama pants & tops, socks w/grips (walking on hospital floor might be slippery) and (it wasn't easy putting on slippers while wearing leg stockings) I brought my iPhone & charger & my Kindle fire (fully charged) and other than basic toiletries (toothbrush, paste, scope, deodorant) I brought a ponytail holder & a hair clip, facial cleanser & moisturizer (sample size) lip balm and gas-x strips.

I had tape residue on my face from the tube being down my throat & I knew that I'd need to wash my face so I brought a sample size with me. Everything else was provided for me.

I've heard other MX sleevers mention a washcloth or two in case your room at the hospital only has towels. I'm going to pack a couple myself........

But there seems to be a consensus on the GasX strips, heating pad, and chapstick so I'm bringing those. I have a Kindle Fire that will supply my reading and internet needs. Yep, trying to pare things down to the minimum.

A small pack of baby wipes!!!! Don't forget small bills for tips.

I'm flying in way early and doing a vaca in La La Land with friends so I packed cute maxi-dresses as they are loose and light but cute too.

Amanda Rae

Buying my last minute packing things right now. GasX strips and Chapstick are both in the shopping cart. Thanks!

Don't over pack! Lol I'm dealing with this now!!

I over packed and went shopping so I have more stuff.. Enough to fill up another bag lol ugh..

If I could change I'd just brought..

Gas x strips (life saver)

Just phone(didn't need iPad 2 lol)

Pair of pj's / during the hospital stay its easier to use their gowns. (Didn't need 2 pair)

1 outfit to wear shopping (loose)

1 outfit to wear home (loose) for some odd reason I packed 2.smh

Underwear for each day

Lip balm (life saver)

Socks

Small Pocket book with the usual..

Lotion

Body wash or bar of soap

Toothbrush &toothpaste

Heating pad( helped first night after that didn't use it)

Gurl YOUR a life saver thanks:)

Gurl YOUR a life saver thanks:)

Aww thanks.. And also ladies it might be a good idea to bring pads or tampons. I started my period the day I flew out!! (My luck) So luckily I was prepared. They let me keep my tampon on during surgery.

I'm flying in way early and doing a vaca in La La Land with friends so I packed cute maxi-dresses as they are loose and light but cute too.

Amanda Rae

I'm a dress kind of girl, anyway, so I'll likely pack a couple of maxi dresses, a pair of yoga pants, and a couple of tank tops. Maxi dresses are my favorite to travel in, anway....stylish and comfy. :) Oh, and I am cold natured, so my little black sweater will be with me, as always. I've seen a ton of great advice here and GAMom reiterated how much she has used her Gas X strips (they don't have them available in Mx), so I've added them to my must-have list.

I'm fitting it all into a single carry on and a large purse-type bag. My best friend is going with me and she's a pretty good packer, so we won't have to wait for checked luggage when we land.

~Kat