Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does the new "full" feel like?

I was just wondering what the new feeling is like when you're full with a sleeve. I'm scheduled for March 21st and am still running down my list of questions. Well rehashing the hell out of them actually!!

for me i or hiccup when full...i try not to go to the place where i have pressure in throat

Hiccups come from the diaphragm being disturbed and is probably because the tummy is new size. My sister was sleeved in Nov and further along than me and she says she feels it filling up like a cup and it is noticeable when you get to soft/regular food.< /p>

My nose starts running and it starts feeling congested. I feel the need to blow it at the end of my meal. The fullness is sudden...like you have just finished hogging out on your 3rd plate at an all you can eat buffet...but the feeling occurs only after about 10 small bites. I cover the leftover food with a napkin because I don't even want to look at it. I am never hungry. I miss eating, but it still worth it and I would do again.

I hiccup when I am full. It does fill like a cup filling up. If I eat to fast (happens at work Sometimes only have 30 min. lunch break ) I feel bloated with air.... thats very uncomfortable & I am not able to eat much.

It hurts.

My nose starts to run as well

In the beginning, it will be hard to discern between satisfied and full. You will have to learn the signals of being full versus satisfied. In the first few months, I ate to being full and that resulted in the stuck feeling, slimes in worse case and burps, hiccups best case. After a while, I started to understand the satisfied signal and stop there. Saved me many future trips to the bathroom after eating. Occasionally, I will still eat to full but only like once a month. I now have a six sense of feeling satisfied without having to measure, even if I have a little too much food on my plate. I give the last bite or two to my dog.

Nose running? That is strange.

It really is!! And I've seen so many people who get the same full signal.

I go from comfortable and after one more bite I get that "after the 4th plate at a Chinese buffet roll me out the door miserable" feeling. It's been hard for me to find that satisfied sweet spot and not inadvertently taking that last bite that leads to 30 minutes of misery but I'm learning. And like the few others above the sniffles is a big indicator for me. No hiccups or sneezes but my nose gets runny when I'm full :)

I hadn't read about the runny nose. But I do get one. I'm just 4 months out and am better at not taking that extra bite that causes the pain and sometimes vomit.

i have noticed I don't chew as well as I did in the beginning. This causes problems. I attribute some of it to rotator cuff surgery and I cannot cut my food to well. So I had bigger bites. Bigger bites cause me to be full without eating much. I have to correct myself and remember to chew better. Since I can eat anything I find that I'm not as conscious when eating. I love salad and I think it's the hardest to chew thoroughly. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for all of the replies. March 21st is a scary and exciting date at the same time!!! Just trying get as much of an idea of what I'll be facing as I can. I know that nothing beats first hand experience though!!!