Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having problems telling others?

6 days out how are you feeling????

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you so much! This has helped me to know end! You sound alot like me! This has made me smile! And it makes makes me even more excited about this surgery coming up! :)

I have been a yoyo dieter for so many years that no one even asks me about my weight loss. If anything they'll just say.. Hey you've lost weight (again)

Other than my husband and kids, I didn't tell anyone, because I didn't want to tell any one. 35lbs down and no one has said a thing.

I have been a yoyo dieter for so many years that no one even asks me about my weight loss. If anything they'll just say.. Hey you've lost weight (again)

Other than my husband and kids, I didn't tell anyone, because I didn't want to tell any one. 35lbs down and no one has said a thing.

yeah thats probably what will happen to me also. Just my husband and kids know and 2 good friends! thanks for your comment!

I have 15 pounds to go until onederland I can't wait until I get there I will be so happy. I don't know if I will keep losing weight the way I have been but I am just happy to lose weight.

High five to you! Woot! Woot! :)

I didn't tell many prior to surgery and since the surgery I have only told one person. I feel that it is my life and I can chose who I want to tell. I know that there will be many upset because I didn't tell them but they are on a need to know basis...lol!!! :)

My mantra will be: I cut down my portion sizes, increased my Protein,eliminated sugars and junk food, and I walk everyday! THIS IS NOT LYING! I did omit one other fact of the matter!!! LOL! People are gonna think what they wanna think anyway! I remember my co-worker ,when she got "The Lap Band" everyone had an opinion. INCLUDING ME!!! I remember saying I wouldn't let anyone cut on me unless I had tried EVERYTHING to lose weight first! Well I am not her I don't know what her life and health have been like, I have not walked in her shoes!!! Look at me 4 years later I am having surgery to help me with this struggle!!! If I hear one more time from the few family that I have told " just have willpower!" (They are overweight too so you would think that THEY of all people would understand!!!!) I WILL SCREAM!!!! Not telling! Final answer!! ;)

I realize, as a guy, that women are treated more unfairly than men with all aspects weight, particularly by other women. That said, and though I'm not screaming it from the rooftops, I will tell anyone who inquires about my weight loss that I've had this procedure. Though it wouldn't be lying to say I've decreased my carbs and calories, upped my liquids, etc, it wouldn't be the whole truth either.

Everyone knows someone struggling with their weight. Suppose I saw a client who congratulated me on my weight loss and asked how I did it. Let's say I told them all of the reasons except for the one main reason, the reason we are all here, how I lost weight. Wouldn't that give them fuel to say to their overweight daughter, son, sister, mother, whoever that BVL did it on his own, why can't you? That just doesn't seem fair to me.

LET THEM GUESS!! LET THEM BET!!! LET THEM EAT THEIR HEARTS OUT WHEN WE START MELTING AAAAWWWWAAAAAYYYYYY!!! They will NEVER really KNOW!!!!! All they can do is SPECULATE! ;)

That is so true! Love this and on your comments you have said about this topic Thanks!

I realize, as a guy, that women are treated more unfairly than men with all aspects weight, particularly by other women. That said, and though I'm not screaming it from the rooftops, I will tell anyone who inquires about my weight loss that I've had this procedure. Though it wouldn't be lying to say I've decreased my carbs and calories, upped my liquids, etc, it wouldn't be the whole truth either.

Everyone knows someone struggling with their weight. Suppose I saw a client who congratulated me on my weight loss and asked how I did it. Let's say I told them all of the reasons except for the one main reason, the reason we are all here, how I lost weight. Wouldn't that give them fuel to say to their overweight daughter, son, sister, mother, whoever that BVL did it on his own, why can't you? That just doesn't seem fair to me.

I understand what you are saying but those who keep our personal lives personal has nothing do with women judging women. It simply has to do with privacy in this subject and for that matter all aspects of our lives.

Suppose someone does ask you about your weight loss? If you are a person who feels comfortable talking about it because that's who you are then that is great. That being said, there are a lot of people who don't feel compelled to answer every question asked. One could say a lot of hard work. It's the absolute and complete truth. No matter how one does it, it's not easy. Period.

There are a lot of what ifs out there but feeling responsible for someone giving someone else a hard time because you didn't spit everything out seems like a lot of unneeded guilt to me. The fact is, that person is going to give the person struggling with their weight a hard time no matter what. That's how those type of people operate. It's sad but it's true.

What ever people chose to reveal to folks or not, we just need to support one another. :)

I told 4 people in my family I can trust & that's it! I don't really find it anyone's business ....

A lot of ppl are judge mental when it comes to weight loss surgery smh

I told 4 people in my family I can trust & that's it! I don't really find it anyone's business ....

A lot of ppl are judge mental when it comes to weight loss surgery smh

I totally agree! There is alot that do judge you! I wish it wasn't this away. But there is some that understand and want what makes you happy and those people are who we need in are life! :)